LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 hour ago, k1n9ch3f said:

yeah only top 100 :(  I am so far down that list, not even a life boat will help get my head above that water level again. By the time I finish paying for a system to catchup, I could probably fund the cure for cancer myself.

They are drawing 3 of the winners from the top 100 then the rest of the winners randomly from those that entered the giveaway. You still have a chance to win even if you aren't top 100.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

1 hour ago, palespartan said:

I see what you mean and it might be good for publicity but When they do talk about it on WAN (which is only some weeks) Linus has referred to the fact they don't want to push the platform too much until they are out of alpha (no eta) but on the other side has mentioned that they do need it to start making money to hopefully offset some of the red that they are in. Maybe long term it wouldn't be a bad idea once they are in beta but for now I kinda doubt it would be ideal. Also having people able to verify points and then calculate discount on them isn't and easy task... at least not until @Gorgon @GOTSpectrum and I make our own stats tracking server... I do like the idea though of hopefully something LMG can do to encourage it and keep the participation up long term.

There's an API for it correct? I might be able to assist in making a tracker (not necessarily right away, doing a hell of a lot of things right now, POGO Portal submission site for local discord is one, hundreds of thousands of POI entries have been done/yet to do because Google limited my API access ?). That said I've also crated a few barbaric scrappers for job searching ? (Sorry Indeed but your site sucks), also for Runescapes GE when I played it...

I see a potential issue with what you have said, Linus not wanting it to go public(I remember about a year ago they talked about why they didn't approach one of the big YouTubers) makes perfect sense till they get a good chunk of bugs and issues (including infrastructure) sorted out, however the issue is when sides clash which sounds like they are. If FP says they need to make more money, but Linus is holding back that ability it could lead to a disaster, right now is prime time with the whole Ninja leaving Twitch thing. If one waits too long a large potential could be lost. I know they don't want to possibly tackle streamers but when it comes down to ability and money if the service can handle it I say "Why not?"

IMO by doing the trial by PPD could/should lead to more money, even if they don't increase their clientele base for video creators. The whole point is to get people from here to go into FP in hopes they become paying customers, it's not like they are inviting the whole internet in.

Edited by Egg-Roll
there their or they're :P

6 hours ago, palespartan said:

still negative each month.

LTT could make a partnership w/ FP and give away like 5 subscription "gifts" to random members from top 100 each month or something. Wouldn't take money from FP, and instead actually put some into it as LTT as a company have to pay for that.

5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

idk if they still talk about it there

not really actually.. like, they rarely do, but mostly no. I think they try to talk about it when there are actual new features / exciting things coming to FP

1 minute ago, sanya567xxx said:

LTT could make a partnership w/ FP and give away like 5 subscription "gifts" to random members from top 100 each month or something. Wouldn't take money from FP, and instead actually put some into it as LTT as a company have to pay for that.

Technically this is what they are likely already doing, so ultimately by not doing it actually could be seen as hurting FPs bottom line more than not.

To my understanding since both companies are technically separate FP takes a cut from LTT/LMG like BitWit etc. So technically so long as FP gets their cut from the per subscription costs from them LTT can do whatever they please to attempt to get subscribers.

2 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

not really actually.. like, they rarely do, but mostly no. I think they try to talk about it when there are actual new features / exciting things coming to FP

It's been like that the last time I watched a wan show as well, hopefully FP doesn't go the way of a lot of google projects have, some had great potential like FP.

R.I.P Wave you will be missed

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Hopefully FP is a sturdier Vessel than those other projects

Hide contents

*self hi-five*

It is sturdier than Vessel already since it hasn't been bought to be shut down and merged, with no known prospects known of. Truth be told I keep forgetting about that site, and now I know why, 21 months isn't very long...

It just needs to hold out for another monthish to be better, than it can be sold off which I doubt will happen anyways.

8 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

If I could just keep getting WU 14185 all day that would be great.  Thanks.

image.png.a5c1ffc78b9d9198c2b3f5b9073de271.png

O.o  Ok, I know what I'm replacing my old 960 FTW with.  That is some nice output.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, sazrocks said:

Never say never. Seeing as how Curecoin is falling in production, future graphics card horsepower increases might make passing them possible in the next decade.

IIRC, wasn’t HardOCP king of hill a few years ago? And here we are looking to pass them in 3 weeks.

Yep, heck, OCN use to be up there (the team I started off with back in the GTX480/GTX580 days).

But than again, me and several others got a bit miffed over some decisions that occur on OCN (lets just say, a very nice fellow folder was not treated right by the mods) and the big forum overhaul did not help.

:C  Still miss the Chimp Challenge though.  Not sure if anyone could get all the tech forum boards to come together again to do such an event. 

Well, I did finally get a 14196 on my 1080Ti.  Heck, gimme those.  1.3mil PPD is nice.

14196.JPG.59e7de1c42cafaf5c6d9c411dbb26ee6.JPG

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

O.o  Ok, I know what I'm replacing my old 960 FTW with.  That is some nice output. ...

That is definitely an outlier for a 1660 Ti. It should average about 750kPPPD on Linux but with the poor selection of WUs these days mine is more like 660kPPD averaged over the last 6 days. Still, they are nice cards and even more power efficient than Pascal. Though EVGA optimistically gives it a max power of 180W I’ve yet to see it do more than 130W peak and an average of 118W.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

My card is back to its old tricks again, falling off boost (down to 1500 MHz) whenever I open certain random programs (spotify etc), or even often when my monitor goes to sleep.

Surely this is a simple setting somewhere?  The second to last windows update seemed to fix it, now with the latest update it's back again ?

5 of these 'transfer failed'errors in the last 6 days.

Get back to my machine.. 2070 is on 14191 and PPD has dropped to ~1M pdd from the ~1.3-4m average

image.png

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Argghhhh stupid BT router

image.png.645364208df28bebe61682c17e474050.png

so its not just my wifi that goes off, its the router, the powerlines helped the other day but not last night.... 

lost 4 hours stuck on a download/upload and only 1 card working

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

What kind of stupid WU's are you giving me F@H ?

image.png.037138eadc0715372572bd8d53107a36.png

Both my CPU and GPU are at BELOW half of what they do on a normal day...

Luckily both WU's are finished in an hour, so hopefully I will get some better units, otherwise my score for the day will be even lower than usually ?

EDIT: in other news, I broke the 4 mil points barrier and entered the team top 2000!

image.png.18ea7d6764c4825bea094aa8375cdbb9.png

(yay!)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How is everyone doing, its very quiet... everyone too busy checking in on there machine to make sure they are folding lol.

just realised we are half way... WOOP WOOP

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

5 hours ago, mattheginger said:

Surely this is a simple setting somewhere?

do you have "prefer maximum performance" setting of power in nvidia control panel? 

Spoiler

image.png.fda90f733c8ce343112d7082ada8c1b4.png

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

How is everyone doing, its very quiet...

There's a reason...

image.png.59f24bf07f3ba9356e0f29a648b2153c.png

Spoiler

Me coming home to my main right with a stuck download and trying to reboot like:

Image result for pressing f gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

There's a reason...

image.png.59f24bf07f3ba9356e0f29a648b2153c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Me coming home to my main right with a stuck download and trying to reboot like:

Image result for pressing f gif

Snap!

image.png.99de332f338e3f463bc8d42e5aca9e4a.png

but mine was due to my router :( and it always happens when i'm a sleep

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

On 10/13/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ithanul said:

O darn, that is sure not bad.  Good to hear there is WUs that do good on AMD cards.

Speaking of good Workunits for AMD:

I got a 14271 for the first time today, seems pretty OP for my underclocked and undervolted Vega 64 :)
image.png.0004b29a0cab4419921d080aec4f2373.png

I've actually been called to an job by a previous client. I don't actually work in IT anymore, but their a closes friend so here we are.

Expecting it to last a few hours, boo!

Then home ot make dinner and look after the baby. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

How do I check my days of activity? I know I need at least 20, but I'd like to make sure I'm not a day or two short! I've already gotten 2million points and like 30 WUs, just hoping to make the days now.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

1 hour ago, Ratisbona said:

Speaking of good Workunits for AMD:

I got a 14271 for the first time today, seems pretty OP for my underclocked and undervolted Vega 64 :)
image.png.0004b29a0cab4419921d080aec4f2373.png

What does PRCG mean?

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

2 minutes ago, Shally said:

What does PRCG mean?

Project, Run, Clone, Generation.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, Shally said:

How do I check my days of activity? I know I need at least 20, but I'd like to make sure I'm not a day or two short! I've already gotten 2million points and like 30 WUs, just hoping to make the days now.

Just check HERE.

As long as your daily production is not 0 you can count that day.

There is Daily Production sheet(at the bottom of page) which keeps logs for last 12 days. However, you can check daily graph too, as long as the "pointer"(little square for every day) is not at bottom you can count that day.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

2 minutes ago, Shally said:

What does PRCG mean?

https://foldingathome.org/faqs/fah-v7/v7-introduction/web-control/what-is-prcg/WHAT IS PRCG?

This is an abbreviation corresponding to four numbers which identifies and distinguishes each Work Unit. The first number specifies the Project, which is the protein under study.  A single project number is made up of thousands of individual Work Units.  The remaining three numbers identify the specific part of the project that has been assigned exclusively to you. Work is rarely duplicated (except when a computer fails to complete an assignment in a timely manner) so every set of PRCG numbers is unique and only assigned to one person.

Technical details of the PRCG numbers and how Work Units relate to each other are covered under the more advanced Simulation FAQ.