Life is pointless but seriously What’s the point in life ? Read below what my mindset is saying to me cuz I don’t get it

WolfLoverPro

Why? Why would I want to do any things? What's the point? What would I get? What’s the point in achieving goals? Happiness? Pleasure? Why would I want happiness? Why would I want others to be happy? Why should I care about other people? Why should I care about myself? 

I’m not suicideal because we’ll I don’t loterally plan to kill myself I mean I do joke if you would say ALOT about it 

I just say I wish I was dead or what’s the point in life might as well just not live literally or life’s just literally pointless 

so I don’t think I’d kill myself lol nor do I harm but yeah I say it a lot but won’t

but then it loops and loops

WHAT IS THE POINT IN LIFE? Yeah I know to live and get a job or whatever and achieve goals and stuff .... so? Whatever? What’s the point ? Get what I mean where ????  

As for have i got illness i dont  think I do 

like depression i mean idk but I don’t think so because depressed people don’t laugh right? Like I laugh watching videos 

but idk cuz I didn’t really research depression but I swear I’ve heard that you would know tho ??

in general life I’m always grumpy I’m not enthusiastic with everyone apart from like 2 people in my life lol but I’m never happy like idk everyone says I’m always in a mood even if I think I’m not so idk 

as for situation i mean it’s not like I’m uh worried or angry about anything so it’s not like I’m stressed i don’t think because well I don’t care about anything so I can’t be stressed at anything lol

That's quite a philosophical discussion. I guess the point is to have a good time, leave a legacy and contribute something to the human species, to make a difference. I guess not everyone will have exactly the same answer, that question can start lengthy discussions.

20 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

That's quite a philosophical discussion. I guess the point is to have a good time, leave a legacy and contribute something to the human species, to make a difference. I guess not everyone will have exactly the same answer, that question can start lengthy discussions.

Exactly 

but..... what’s the point LOL?? Yeah make a difference cool... have fun.... but what’s the point that’s what my mind can’t just leave me alone 

maybe that’s why I’m always unhappy idk 

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

[...]

It seems to me that you still have to find out something that really excites/motivates you in a big way. It might be a good idea to try new things, travel to other countries, take a test flying lesson...something like that.

Grow up, survive to sexual maturity, mate, produce offspring, then die. Natural selection weed out all the living beings that do not follow this path for the past billion years and so it was, it is, and ever thus. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

There's no universally agreed upon answer. Some say there's no point so you might as well have a good time. Others say there is a point so you really should have a good time. In short, have a good time and don't worry about it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The point and meaning of life is different and changes for everybody.

It is how you live and what you do with your life that defines its purpose.

Do you remember when you were 5 years old and life was fun?  Children are full of joy until someone or something stops it.  

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

in general life I’m always grumpy I’m not enthusiastic

See, this is why you pose such questions....

If you were joyful you wouldn't be stopping what you were doing to ask what the point of life is, would you?  Of course not.

The question I have for you is this: if your mind took instruction from you, would it be in a blissful state or joyless state?

What I am asking is, if you had a choice between being blissed out or depressed, which would you choose?

Obviously, you would choose to be blissed out, wouldn't you?

That means if you are not blissed out all the time, then your mind is not taking instructions from you.  It is taking instruction from somewhere else.

I think you should take charge of your mind ;)

The point is that there isn't one. As people we're kind of blank canvases and you can do what you want/live the way you want (depending on where you live) and make your own meaning. Truth be told at the end of the day nothing is going to jump out at you and say "This is now your reason for existence!". You have to make that decision yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you.

Life is work, even if you had billions of dollars at your disposal you'd still wind up in the same place questioning your "purpose". Just take something that you enjoy doing and expand on that into other aspects of your life. You'd be surprised by the level of drive you'll get by simply taking something you love and turning it into a job or something along those lines. Hell you don't even have to turn it into a job, you can just leave it a hobby and just do it more.

4 hours ago, greenhorn said:

4 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Why? Why would I want to do any things? What's the point? What would I get? What’s the point in achieving goals? Happiness? Pleasure? Why would I want happiness? Why would I want others to be happy? Why should I care about other people? Why should I care about myself? 

I’m not suicideal because we’ll I don’t loterally plan to kill myself I mean I do joke if you would say ALOT about it 

I just say I wish I was dead or what’s the point in life might as well just not live literally or life’s just literally pointless 

so I don’t think I’d kill myself lol nor do I harm but yeah I say it a lot but won’t

but then it loops and loops

WHAT IS THE POINT IN LIFE? Yeah I know to live and get a job or whatever and achieve goals and stuff .... so? Whatever? What’s the point ? Get what I mean where ????  

As for have i got illness i dont  think I do 

like depression i mean idk but I don’t think so because depressed people don’t laugh right? Like I laugh watching videos 

but idk cuz I didn’t really research depression but I swear I’ve heard that you would know tho ??

in general life I’m always grumpy I’m not enthusiastic with everyone apart from like 2 people in my life lol but I’m never happy like idk everyone says I’m always in a mood even if I think I’m not so idk 

as for situation i mean it’s not like I’m uh worried or angry about anything so it’s not like I’m stressed i don’t think because well I don’t care about anything so I can’t be stressed at anything lol

I'm going to get some flak for this, but watch Star Trek Generations and then you'll understand the purpose of life much better.

(If you're in a HUGE Hurry, watch the Picard+Kirk sequences.  They're freely available on youtube).

If yo REALLY want to feel good about the human race, watch Star Trek: First Contact.

There is no point, but if you find something you truly love to do, you’ll do it so passionately, nothing else will matter. 

6 hours ago, wasab said:

Grow up, survive to sexual maturity, mate, produce offspring, then die. Natural selection weed out all the living beings that do not follow this path for the past billion years and so it was, it is, and ever thus. 

Ever thus? The intelligent used to bred, at least to higher rates than now. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

To get meaning in your life, barring a medical condition like depression,  there are only two things you have to do.

1.  Earn your pay, do your bit and take responsibility for yourself and your family. (this gives you independence, self esteem and most importantly value)

2.  Help others who can't help themselves.  It doesn't matter why they can't, self inflicted, mental, poor luck or accident whatever, help them out. (charity causes people to literally be happier and healthier, which means you feel better about everything).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It is important to consider that you are yourself a lucky individual. The sheer chance that we exist at all is infinitesimally small. The chance that you yourself exist is even smaller. Might as well make the most of it, you won’t get this chance again.

Your life matters a great deal in this universe. It is a very humbling thought that you are the only version of you to exist ever, and at small chances of doing so. 

To be fair, it probably won’t make a difference what you do, but the way I see it, I’m here now, might as well make full use of it. 

Life is what you make it out to be, no single answer can be associated with the question "what is the purpose of life"

What life means to me or anyone else in the forum might not or will not align with what you believe it to be; what you achieve in life or what you plan to achieve dictates what it means to you personally. 

Don't wait for someone to justify what you're doing or what you did, if you spend your days waiting for clarification on what your role is in life then you won't get an answer.

9 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

I'm going to get some flak for this, but watch Star Trek Generations and then you'll understand the purpose of life much better.

(If you're in a HUGE Hurry, watch the Picard+Kirk sequences.  They're freely available on youtube).

If yo REALLY want to feel good about the human race, watch Star Trek: First Contact.

In fact, just watch Star Trek. All of it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i have stuggled with that thought in my teens alot as well. now i just like to quote rick and morty :"what about the reality where hitler cured cancer? the answer is dont think about it morty"

no but seriously theres no point to life, no meaning to anything everybody dies, come watch tv. fuck again with the rick and morty i gotta stop. but seriously a very intersting show with exactly that topic.

no but really seriousy there is no point and that is one tough fact to swallow i know. thats why people look for a higher meaning or god or some shit. biological life as we know it is a chemical reaction. nothing more. sure a very complex reaction at this point but still just a as predetermined of a reaction as setting a piece of paper on fire or anything else. sure you can do whatever you want and think of free will but ultimativly society and genes shaped you into being exactly like you are now. 

again just dont get lost in the thought about the bigger picture. try to enjoy the little things of life and try to have fun. 

as far as caring for other people goes i find thinking about reincarnation helps. try reading "the egg". i know its just some bullshit short story on the internet but if you just for a second imagine that it was true youd start having more patience and tolerence and empathy with people. at least it does for me.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?”

― Richard Dawkins

In short, it's a miracle you exist. Why not make the best out of it?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Remember if you're dead you can't blaze on the daily and own noobs in video games.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

41 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?”

― Richard Dawkins

In short, it's a miracle you exist. Why not make the best out of it?

That's probably a better argument than smoking weed and playing vidya for 16 hours a day XD

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

i often wonder this myself. Certainately at the moment. I have a lot of debt, i have a wife who i love but feel like i can't provide the life for her that she deserves. she could do better. I'm not very good at anything. I have accomplished things but i won't be remembered by many. And those that do... will it really matter?

I'm not famous, nor will i ever be, i am not a legend nor will i ever be. i have my health (well some of it left) there are people out there that have it worse off than me however that doesnt affect me so isn't really relevant. 

Sometimes we all wonder what's the point?

There is a possibility that life may be meaningless after all, but as much as that comes with frustration there is also freedom. Do with your life as you wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Embrace the lack of meaning in some of the things you do.

Is there any divine purpose for us in life?  I doubt it.  But here we are, might as well make the best of it.  Make your own purpose in life.

I'm not driven by any mandated purpose in life.  I live to be happy and make those close to me happy, that fulfills me.

There isn't a "point" to life.  It's wide open, you can make it how you want.  

If you really have any issue, talk to your folks.  They forcibly brought you into the world, for their selfish desires not yours. :)  

But realistically, I believe there's no point.  That's the good and bad of it :)

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi