Suspicious Ads At the Bottom of LTT

TheRuke

@LinusTech I think most people in general don't like ads because they're mostly about things completely irrelevant to them, like @TheRuke has shown. And also sometimes websites can be so cluttered up with ads that people are just like "forget this, way too many ads". Although you can't control what ads Google chooses to put at the bottom of your forum, it would be good if Google could put more appropriate ads there. Like if someone has completely deleted their internet history, cookies, etc. Google ads could just show tech related ads as these forums are mostly about tech related stuff anyway. However, I do understand, and I'm sure most members on here as well would also, that you have to make your revenue from somewhere and if you need ads to help fund this forum and Linus Media Group then we need to all support that and help your business grow because ultimately it's going to benefit everyone.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The ads are pretty nice on my side. I go through so much computer part searching that all the Google ads I see are from Newegg, OutletPC, etc.  B)

Hmm that explains why mine are all nudes... Uh I mean why mine are umm Rogers... Yeah, I'll go with Rogers...

@LinusTech I think most people in general don't like ads because they're mostly about things completely irrelevant to them, like @TheRuke has shown. And also sometimes websites can be so cluttered up with ads that people are just like "forget this, way too many ads". Although you can't control what ads Google chooses to put at the bottom of your forum, it would be good if Google could put more appropriate ads there. Like if someone has completely deleted their internet history, cookies, etc. Google ads could just show tech related ads as these forums are mostly about tech related stuff anyway. However, I do understand, and I'm sure most members on here as well would also, that you have to make your revenue from somewhere and if you need ads to help fund this forum and Linus Media Group then we need to all support that and help your business grow because ultimately it's going to benefit everyone.

Again.... Is it really such a problem if you don't even notice the ad on the bottom of the page? I for one, don't really care much what is advertised, as long as it's not intrusive.

Night theme master race my son. Join the darkside...

Mom thinks any site with a black background is a GAME! STOP PLAYING GAMES RUKE! I tried the dark theme but she kept insisting it was a game and when I told it wasn't I was talking back. Switched back to normal and she hasn't complained once.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

forum contributors don't see ads

Neither do AdBlock users (don't hurt me for not viewing your ads).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Ahh...now I've seen it all. Even Linus likes to use the occasion spit (change "p" to "h") word so I better stop complaining about people using language on these forums :).

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@TheRuke

Screenshot+%243%24.png

Was replying to a post when I first noticed. What was weird is how it knew what I was gonna recommend. Or did it make me recommend that subliminally?!?!? I need more tin foil...

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

@TheRuke

Screenshot+%243%24.png

Was replying to a post when I first noticed. What was weird is how it knew what I was gonna recommend. Or did it make me recommend that subliminally?!?!? I need more tin foil...

I can't see the pic :(

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

c90c97a3032929e4ae9af7ce2ce82c23.png

I approve of such ad.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

how do you guys put pictures in ur reply ? 

Couple options. The easiest for me is to use gyazo and copy and paste the image link in my post. 2nd, you could do the same from imgur, or save the screenshot and upload it using the "More reply options"

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

had no idea there was ads... i think they pulled it off quite nicely 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Mom thinks any site with a black background is a GAME! STOP PLAYING GAMES RUKE! I tried the dark theme but she kept insisting it was a game and when I told it wasn't I was talking back. Switched back to normal and she hasn't complained once.

best thing ive heard all night!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Are we going to get kitchen ads?

If you are searching for kitchen stuff on Google, then yes, you will receive kitchen ads.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

We'd rather have the cash, frankly. We can spend money on equipment, wages, electricity, Internet, and all kinds of awesome stuff.

Wish you would accept bitcoin.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Says alot about yourself :P

Interested in Business and Technology

have no problem contributing to the fourm or Linus media group. its like cable tv you pay to see your shows. well i will give a couple bucks a month to Linus for the content they produce everyday. 

I thought we didn't get ads here.

We don't take too kindly to their kind roun' here

A banner ad at the very bottom isn't really intrusive though.

If it automatically played audio and had a huge 'download' button, well, then I would worry and flick on adblock straight away.

The ads are pretty nice on my side. I go through so much computer part searching that all the Google ads I see are from Newegg, OutletPC, etc.  B)

I keep on getting Maybelline, maybe the Internet is trying to tell me something.

For those of you that are getting strange ads, you can change what Google thinks of you at www.google.com/ads/preferences (AFAIK - having issues loading it on mobile right now)

HTTP/2 203