Suspicious Ads At the Bottom of LTT

TheRuke

Does that really support LTT though?

The team :) I am going to donate if they add non subscription based donations though so don't worry i'm not some ignorant piece of trash :)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Im beginning to think hes turning into a bit of a sell out.

Server space isn't free man...

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Ads are super annoying and once you get Ad block trust me it makes life easier. I make my contribution to the team by Folding and boinc :D

It doesn't cost you anything to support them in this way, at least disable it for this site. You really should support a lot more people in this way though, you have no idea the difference it makes for the smaller sites and people starting up.

I doubt it will be like this forever. This site has so many different areas they could expand into, support is critical in these early stages.

No.

You must get something out of being here, at least support them by enduring the pain of an ad that is completely out of sight most of the time.

Until certain websites (not talking about Linus' though since I never noticed them before I even had ad block installed) stop shoving Ads down our throats I am not going to disable the plug in.

Anyway, Linus had ads in his video, isn't that enough?

I doubt that he is selling out. I don't even really see paid adverts on his main channel anymore...

Really, not selling out? When he made the forum he said no stupid ads, then we said, ones from real sponsors are ok. and here we are with ads. then he says that he wont ask for money on the forum. and what does he do? make donations. Hes a sell out. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Server space isn't free man...

Especially when people have posted nearly 20k things *cough* @WoodenMarker *cough*

Even though it doesn't take that much space :P

But, I think that people should stop complaining about having ads on LTT and be happy that they haven't been implemented until now. 

Until certain websites (not talking about Linus' though since I never noticed them before I even had ad block installed) stop shoving Ads  down our throats I am not going to disable the plug in.

Anyway, Linus had ads in his video, isn't that enough?

You could just turn it off for the forum.

Especially when people have posted nearly 20k things *cough* @WoodenMarker *cough*

lol Shh  :ph34r:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But, I think that people should stop complaining about having ads on LTT and be happy that they haven't been implemented until now.

Yeah, the ad is completely unobtrusive too, I really don't understand what the hullabaloo is all about

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

It's sad to see you believe that.  The ads are not intrusive at all.  Reddit uses ads like these.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Yeah, the ad is completely unobtrusive too, I really don't understand what the hullabaloo is all about

It's just people who can't seem to stand change. Just like the whole "Windows 8 sucks cause new this and new that" 

Maybe I for one just don't mind seeing ads, especially when, like you said, they're unobtrusive. 

With these ads, the forum looks more legit than ever

Sporting some HP ads right now

I'm rocking some Newegg ads :P 

I have Adbock, I don't like thinking about the fact that forums I browse don't make ad money off me, but then I look at the blank space and think how pretty it is.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

It's sad to see you believe that. The ads are not intrusive at all. Reddit uses ads like these.

In my experience, reddit doesn't even have ads, they just give me a happy moose or a basket of kittens as a thanks for not having ad block

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

With these ads, the forum looks more legit than ever

Sporting some HP ads right now

It looks fairly normal, I don't think it detracts at all and Google is actually pumping out some decent ads for me too.

Got Currys, Flybe and Vistaprint, all sites I have visited recently. I feel like I have to explain Curry's though :lol:, it was for a Flash card and they did have the cheapest price locally.

Nothing dodgy about them.

As in what wants to make a bit more money and farther his business? Are adds that horrible? Also I dont know if youve notice but thats hoe most things on the internet make money unless they are actually selling something. Take a gander st TV as well as that is how it works too.

It's sad to see you believe that.  The ads are not intrusive at all.  Reddit uses ads like these.

so do most sites...

:rolf:

Ads are super annoying and once you get Ad block trust me it makes life easier. I make my contribution to the team by Folding and boinc :D

Well LTT does not benefit from you contributing Boinc or folding. If you want them to not die a financial death then donate or uninstall adblock. I confess I uninstalled it recently but I have adapted and my favorite content creators are helped by me doing it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

In my experience, reddit doesn't even have ads, they just give me a happy moose or a basket of kittens as a thanks for not having ad block

Correcting my previous statement, they have one on the right-hand side of the screen.  :)

I'd be fine with them if they were not as sketchy.

xeE27HN.png

I am a straight teen male. Why the fack are dating sites showing up? (and for men too(on primarily male forum))

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Well LTT does not benefit from you contributing Boinc or folding. If you want them to not die a financial death then donate or uninstall adblock. I confess I uninstalled it recently but I have adapted and my favorite content creators are helped by me doing it.

I just disable it on sites that I support.

I'd be fine with them if they were not as sketchy.

Well their provided by google and I dont think there is a sketch factor slider in the settings :P

If you guys have an issue with one little banner ad at the bottom of your screen, you guys are welcome to leave.  I could understand the complaints if the advertisements were gigantic and/or pop-ups, but they are not.