Suspicious Ads At the Bottom of LTT

TheRuke

40+ Women Ads... How do they know????!?!??!?!?!?

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

It shows up on mine. I added it to my gallery.

I can't see the pic :(

Was replying to a post when I first noticed. What was weird is how it knew what I was gonna recommend. Or did it make me recommend that subliminally?!?!? I need more tin foil.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

I run Adblock because of my work environment. That fact isn't going to change. I pretty much tell anyone that has computer related questions to come here and advertise the site and Linus' videos on Reddit and other forums to help answer peoples questions when I lack the time to do so myself.

I'll also eventually be donating once I pay off some bills.

That being said I think Adblock is a personal choice. Until the Administration says "you cannot use Adblock" all the posturing for/against is kind of moot. It is a choice and as individuals we have the right to do so until told otherwise.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I run Adblock because of my work environment. That fact isn't going to change. I pretty much tell anyone that has computer related questions to come here and advertise the site and Linus' videos on Reddit and other forums to help answer peoples questions when I lack the time to do so myself.

That being said I think Adblock is a personal choice. Until the Administration says "you cannot use Adblock" all the posturing for/against is kind of moot. It is a choice and as individuals we have the right to do so until told otherwise.

i use adblock too saves time on annoying adds, the " congratulations you have won xxxx " one that talk and are super loud for some reason, but over on the Teksyndicate forums logan tells everyone to turn off there adblock. so im sure they might ask, i have mine off for this site.... i can deal with the unobtrusive add and support LTT.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I pretty much never see the bottom of the screen. No biggie for me.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It can probably be caused by (correct me if im wrong) spyware/tracking cookies on your PC. Ever notice your googling game related stuff, then go on a lets say website that teaches you to bake cookies, and somewhere on that site you see similar game stuff ads related to what you were looking up previously? I would highly suggest using adblock, and running spyhunter and eliminate those tracking cookies daily. Spyhunter will ALWAYS catch tracking cookies if you surf the net frequently.

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

I don't mind ads, I prefer them like this:

As long as they are well designed and relevant, I actually prefer the presence of them, I like the GeForce ads at the side of Scan.co.uk and their banners (especially the steambox one, their steambox looks epic.

I dislike google ads generally because they are intrusive. I keep getting them for anti-balding lotions and other irrelevant stuff.

I made a mock up and to be fair it wouldn't look too bad at all... as long as the adverts would be related to tech. If anything they would fill in some of the blank space.

Ad%20idea.png

I made a mock up and to be fair it wouldn't look too bad at all... as long as the adverts would be related to tech. If anything they would fill in some of the blank space.

Ad%20idea.png

My god, that looks great.

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm bronze so I don't see the ads but really guys does it matter that much

Really? I figured if a user were willing to contribute, then they wouldn't mind the ad at the bottom. It's further supporting LMG with no cost to the user. The amount of threads I read through per month and now with ads at the bottom of each thread, I'm sure my contribution will be close to a bronze contribution...maybe. As I type this, Google thinks I need to chat with Thai women. How did they know?!?!?!

@LinusTech When I decide to be a contributor, is there a way to keep the ads? It's almost entertaining.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

• 3 months later...

Hey guys you shouldn't be posting the ads you see here.

Umm... example, I look up minecraft, so i see minecraft ads

If you look up ----, you will get ads about ----

The 4 dashes resemble a 4 letter word you all know  :D

I use adblock but have it disabled for LTT. The day any website says I can't use adblock is the day I stop visiting that site. Even if I already have it disabled. I have no problem being asked to turn it off. I do have a problem if I am told to turn it off.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700