Suspicious Ads At the Bottom of LTT

TheRuke

M6HhOM2.png

NO! WHAT IS THIS DOING HERE?!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Lmao Comic Sans.

For extra annoyance. Speaking of:

vIYYU8y.png

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

The ads are pretty nice on my side. I go through so much computer part searching that all the Google ads I see are from Newegg, OutletPC, etc.  B)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

get adblock

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

@Slick

I'm actually quit happy with the way that you guys implemented ads, they're non-intrusive and at the very bottom of the page, so I don't even have to look at them. 

:)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

*cough* ad block *cough*

get adblock

*cough* ad block *cough*

Why would you bring such evil to this forum

@Slick

I'm actually quit happy with the way that you guys implemented ads, they're non-intrusive and at the very bottom of the page, so I don't even have to look at them. 

:)

I can't think of the last time I actually scrolled all the way down

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

forum contributors don't see ads

Posted Image

Now that sir is a nice way to get some contributors. Ad since their google ads by default they should be whitlisted on adblock.

I keep getting microsoftstore ads, I just visited that site 10 mins ago and Im already getting ads for it

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

get adblock

*cough* ad block *cough*

No.

You must get something out of being here, at least support them by enduring the pain of an ad that is completely out of sight most of the time.

removed

Edited by Gazzer96

Why would you bring such evil to this forum

I can't think of the last time I actually scrolled all the way down

Exactly, which is why it's awesome that they're there.

I also wouldn't care if they went on the main page on the right hand side, seeing as they wouldn't get in the way.

IMHO, the rules for ad are 

1. Be non-intrusive (no pop ups, at all)
  2. Be non-distracting (No bright flashing, highly animated ads)
  3. Be placed somewhere where they don't get in the way (like at the bottom)

If they follow those 3 rules, I couldn't care less if there's ads, especially when the little money that comes from them goes to a good cause. :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

No.

You must get something out of being here, at least support them by enduring the pain of an ad that is completely out of sight most of the time.

Ads are super annoying and once you get Ad block trust me it makes life easier. I make my contribution to the team by Folding and boinc :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Ads are super annoying and once you get Ad block trust me it makes life easier. I make my contribution to the team by Folding and boinc :D

That benefits certain things but none to LTT =P

I thought donations and ads were stuff Linus didn't want to ever have on the forum.

Stuff isn't free. In the real world, all of this takes money.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Does that really support LTT though?

I thought donations and ads were stuff Linus didn't want to ever have on the forum.

Im beginning to think hes turning into a bit of a sell out. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Im beginning to think hes turning into a bit of a sell out. 

I doubt that he is selling out. I don't even really see paid adverts on his main channel anymore...