Despite rumors of low sales, Apple states iPhone XR is current best-selling iPhone | 2018 iPhones selling even worse than expected?

AlTech

Many rumors regarding Apple's low iPhone XR sales have appeared online and despite that, TheVerge reports that Apple has stated that their current best-selling iPhone is the iPhone XR. This means that iPhone XS and XS Max sales are even worse than iPhone XR sales. ?

Although we don't know how many units they sell cos Apple decided to stop giving that information.

Apple vice president of product marketing Greg Joswiak has commented in an interview withCNET that the iPhone XR has “been our most popular iPhone each and every day since the day it became available,” seemingly in an attempt to downplay analyst reports earlier this week that the iPhone XR was performing worse than Apple had intended.

It’s the first official word from Apple as to how the new iPhones are performing. It arrives at a time when the company’s lineup now includes its priciest phones ever — even the “budget” $750 XR costs more than any base model iPhone ever has — along with reports of slashed shipment orders earlier this month that have led to concerns that sales may be down.

And while the XR may in fact be Apple’s best-selling iPhone, the issue is that Apple isn’t giving any hard numbers as to how many iPhones it’s selling. Without concrete data, there’s no way to know if the XR is a runaway success or just selling better than even weaker numbers for the pricier XS and XS Max. Both of the pricier phones are just updated versions of last year’s X, suggesting they could be selling worse than expected, making the XR’s sales seem stronger in comparison.

Apple claiming the XR is their current best-selling iPhone means that their XS (and Max) have to be selling even worse which I'm definitely surprised by given the amount of iPhone XS purchases I've seen lately and lack of XR purchases I've seen.

I don't even know at this point. Apple or something.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

How are people surprised that the significantly cheaper but marginally worse phone is selling the most units? Baffling.

In many countries people buy phones on contract and the contract price difference between an iPhone XR and XS is not huge. If you couldn't afford one on contract then chances are you couldn't afford the other on contract.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

In many countries people buy phones on contract and the contract price difference between an iPhone XR and XS is not huge. If you couldn't afford one on contract then chances are you couldn't afford the other on contract.

The difference across the life of the contract is usually the difference in the prices of the phone, saying that $60/mo for XR and $70/mo for XS “is not huge” isn’t correct as that is 15%+ more expensive and $240 over the life of a standard contract, if you’re naive enough to consider it not much more than I guess Apple for you fooled haha.

It can be both low sales AND current best selling iphone.

It just means the other iphones are selling even worse.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

The difference across the life of the contract is usually the difference in the prices of the phone, saying that $60/mo for XR and $70/mo for XS “is not huge” isn’t correct as that is 15%+ more expensive and $240 over the life of a standard contract, if you’re naive enough to consider it not much more than I guess Apple for you fooled haha.

Well many people looking at both options would probably not buy the XR because of the price difference on contract. At least not in the UK.

Just now, Enderman said:

It can be both low sales AND current best selling iphone.

It just means the other iphones are selling even worse.

That's what I was implying.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

That's what I was implying.

Their statement is just damage control PR and marketing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So they admit they sold hardly any iPhones (compared to the glory days) this year?

Ps. left iPhones since 4S

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Of course it sales well.

Everyone (beside the rich, and select exceptions) buys iPhone via a subsidized plan. So for them, the price increase is a small increase on the upfront cost, and the plan remains the same, or a small increase of a few dollars to their plan. Subsidized plans is a great way consumer buy stuff they can't afford, and a great way for companies like Apple and Samsung to make large profits. It is a all around win.

The beauty in all this, for Apple, is that you want to be be part of apple ecosystem, or want iOS, then iPhone is your only choice.

Now, why users like to stick of iOS? Because Android lacks polish to its user interface and is buggy. For example, Android auto... never been updated. While nice when it was released, today it looks like some sort old software (well, it is), while Apple brings a much sleeker design, that is easier to use, and has basic ideas like having the navigation bar on the side of the screen, and not the bottom like on Android on a tiny wide screen, cutting a large portion of content like maps.

index.jpg.616766d55e871384a5a4f43b3061e033.jpg

This also not helped that many Android phones has stability issues, and if you have no idea what I am talking about, then great! Let me explain, why you have an experience that is different than what some people say, and choose to stick to iOS:

This is because, many phone manufactures customizes Android to differentiate itself, but because it is not something they make continuous money on, they really could not really care any less, unless the phone happen to sale like hot cakes. Or just does an inadequate job in implementing Android on their phone (I am looking at you: LG) or both. So this gives a bad image on Android. Then you can point to Google Pixel, saying how it is stock Android, but Google has trouble as well. Each Pixel version have issues and Google takes its sweet time delivering updates to fix them. And, in any case, iOS users are looking at Android phones as a whole, they are looking at LG's, Sony, Samsung, Motorola, etc. not just Google Pixel. And this is not to mention that Google is still not interested in security with its OS, where it doesn't want to provide a Windows/Linux base OS for PCs, like update system, where it can be updated.

Sure apps can be updated (of course), and they made some component as apps to be updated, but OS itself isn't. Manufacture needs to get the latest version of Android, modified it for its phone as it isn't like on Windows where you just install, and then install drivers, and call it a day.. drivers/firmware needs to be embedded into the OS. Once done it all needs to be tested, and then, because they don't have the server infrastructure, they ask, with a big please, to mobile carriers to handle the task, and they may or may not go "I think its time for you to buy a new phone... no update!". And if everything passes, well, you were open to security issues for MONTHS.  Now, I know why Google doesn't do it, it is simple actually, it makes the OS far more complex, adds security issues that needs to be dealt with, makes the OS heavier, so it is more CPU taxing, so the experience on slower device will be, well slower, and battery life will be affected for all.

Some sources to back what I am saying:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pixel-3-camera-saving-bug,news-28344.html

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/29/google-pixel-3-xl-second-notch-bug-fix/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2018/07/16/google-confirms-pixel-2-has-a-serious-problem/#ff546f321762

Infography from Sony on why updates on Android takes so long:

https://cdn.neow.in/news/images/uploaded/2018/08/1534534939_sony.jpg

Apple can state whatever they want, but we need independent facts because all the women in the world know for a fact I am the best lover in the entire universe.

So yeah, need independent links to back up any claims made.

Other factors to consider are if its the total number of units or the net or gross.

So many ways to spin the #'s to make headlines!

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Of course it sales well.

Everyone (beside the rich, and select exceptions) buys iPhone via a subsidized plan. So for them, the price increase is a small increase on the upfront cost, and the plan remains the same, or a small increase of a few dollars to their plan. Subsidized plans is a great way consumer buy stuff they can't afford, and a great way for companies like Apple and Samsung to make large profits. It is a all around win.

The beauty in all this, for Apple, is that you want to be be part of apple ecosystem, or want iOS, then iPhone is your only choice.

Now why users like to stick of iOS? Because Android lacks polish to its user interface and is buggy. For example, Android auto... never been updated. While nice when it was released, today it looks like some sort of prototype, or very old software (well, it is), while Apple brings a much sleeker design, that is easier to use, and has basic ideas like having the navigation bar on the side of the screen, and not the bottom, on a tiny wide screen, cutting a large portion of content like maps. This also not helped that many Android phones has stability issues, and if you have no idea what I am talking about, then great! This is because, many phone manufactures customizes Android to differentiate itself, but because it is not something they make continuous money on, they really could not really care any less, unless the phone happen to sale like hot cakes. Or just does an inadequate job in implementing Android on their phone (I am looking at you: LG) or both. So this gives a bad image on Android. Then you can point to Google Pixel, but Google has trouble as well. Each Pixel have issues and Google takes its sweet time delivering updates to fix them. And this is not to mention that Google is still not interested in security with it's OS, where it doesn't want to provide a Windows/Linux base OS for PCs, like update system, where it can be updated. Sure apps can be updated, and they made some component as apps to be updated, but OS itself isn't. Manufacture needs to get the latest version, modified it for its phone as it isn't like on Windows where you just install, and install drivers, and call it a day.. drivers/firmware needs to be embedded into the OS, and then tested, and then, because they don't have the server infrastructure, they ask, with a big please, to mobile carriers to handle the task, and they may or may not go "I think its time for you to buy a new phone... no update!". Now I know why Google doesn't do it, it is simple actually, it makes the OS far more complex, adds security issues that needs to be dealt with, makes the OS heavier, so it is more CPU taxing, so the experience on slower device will be, well slower, and battery life will be affected for all.

YOU   HIT   THE   NAIL   ON   THE   HEAD!!!

Image result for applause gif

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

TheVerge reports that Apple has stated that their current best-selling iPhone is the iPhone XR. This means that iPhone XS and XS Max sales are even worse than iPhone XR sales. 

Well when the XS starts at $1,000....yeah. BIG SURPRISE 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Following what goodbytes said, google just has a severe short term vision in many of their products.

Even in 2018, android fragmentation is still very real and google simply focuses on quantity vs quality. 

I own XS Max and my dad owns note 9. Every time i use his phone it always feels like the app interaction just isnt as smooth and the UI always has little pause here and there.

If i’m spending $400-500 on a phone, i would settle on a phone that’s function over beauty but at $1000 it needs to be both functional and do the tasks gracefully for all the features they provide

I actually prefer the XR to the XS. 

1) IDC about the screen, I don't watch anything on it. Home screen looks great, so dont need a better one.

2) The [RED] XR is absolutely stunning. 

3) The red looks really nice. 

Why do people care when if we have a smooth experience, anything else other than looks matters? Other companies need to catch on that people don't want to look like they're carrying a brick. Big hint here Red, Razer and ASUS. 

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Of course it sales well.

Now, why users like to stick of iOS? Because Android lacks polish to its user interface and is buggy. For example, Android auto... never been updated. While nice when it was released, today it looks like some sort old software (well, it is), while Apple brings a much sleeker design, that is easier to use, and has basic ideas like having the navigation bar on the side of the screen, and not the bottom like on Android on a tiny wide screen, cutting a large portion of content like maps.

This also not helped that many Android phones has stability issues, and if you have no idea what I am talking about, then great! Let me explain, why you have an experience that is different than what some people say, and choose to stick to iOS:

This is because, many phone manufactures customizes Android to differentiate itself, but because it is not something they make continuous money on, they really could not really care any less, unless the phone happen to sale like hot cakes. Or just does an inadequate job in implementing Android on their phone (I am looking at you: LG) or both. So this gives a bad image on Android. Then you can point to Google Pixel, saying how it is stock Android, but Google has trouble as well. Each Pixel version have issues and Google takes its sweet time delivering updates to fix them. And, in any case, iOS users are looking at Android phones as a whole, they are looking at LG's, Sony, Samsung, Motorola, etc. not just Google Pixel. And this is not to mention that Google is still not interested in security with its OS, where it doesn't want to provide a Windows/Linux base OS for PCs, like update system, where it can be updated.

Sure apps can be updated (of course), and they made some component as apps to be updated, but OS itself isn't. Manufacture needs to get the latest version of Android, modified it for its phone as it isn't like on Windows where you just install, and then install drivers, and call it a day.. drivers/firmware needs to be embedded into the OS. Once done it all needs to be tested, and then, because they don't have the server infrastructure, they ask, with a big please, to mobile carriers to handle the task, and they may or may not go "I think its time for you to buy a new phone... no update!". And if everything passes, well, you were open to security issues for MONTHS.  Now, I know why Google doesn't do it, it is simple actually, it makes the OS far more complex, adds security issues that needs to be dealt with, makes the OS heavier, so it is more CPU taxing, so the experience on slower device will be, well slower, and battery life will be affected for all.

Some sources to back what I am saying:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pixel-3-camera-saving-bug,news-28344.html

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/29/google-pixel-3-xl-second-notch-bug-fix/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2018/07/16/google-confirms-pixel-2-has-a-serious-problem/#ff546f321762

Part of that is redundant with Treble.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Part of that is redundant with Treble.

But most manufacturers simply arent willing to put all their resources to develop the update as fast as possible.

This is why the integration of HW and SW maker is extremely important especially with system that’s not one size fits all like windows

9 minutes ago, xtroria said:

But most manufacturers simply arent willing to put all their resources to develop the update as fast as possible.

This is why the integration of HW and SW maker is extremely important especially with system that’s not one size fits all like windows

Well yes but with Treble once the software for the device supports the hardware, future Android OS updates are a lot easier to make. The only annoying part that treble doesn't fix for OEMs is they need to port all of their changes to the new Android OS version.

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

A lot of things you said in this post are wrong, misleading or outdated information.

Of course it sales well.

That's not what the article says at all, and I think the definition of "sells well" is very subjective. Sells well compared to what?

I think that varies from country to country. Here in Sweden it is very common to buy the phones upfront. If you ask me, if you can't afford something then you shouldn't buy it (unless we're talking about things which needs big loans and usually increase in value, like houses). Don't put things you can't afford on down payments. Save up until you can afford the thing instead.Otherwise you're just creating a heavier financial burden on yourself in the future.

I'm not even sure phones are subsidized on contract anymore. I checked over at Verizon's website and they don't subsidize iPhones. You can do monthly payments if you want, but the total costs adds up to the normal price of the phone anyway.

Seems like the same goes for T-Mobile.

I disagree that Android's UI lacks polish and is buggy, but I guess that depends on what you mean. I don't feel like my Galaxy S7 lacks UI polish or is buggy at least.

Android Auto was released not too long ago, and it has received plenty of updates. UI wise it has just been minor tweaks, but do we really need major UI overhauls every year or two when what exists works? Android Auto was released 3 years ago. I'd say that if it had received some major design changes by now then it had been bad because having the UI change constantly is very confusing and disorienting for the average Joe. Something you certainly don't want happening in something fitting inside a car.

In general, having a consistent and unchanging UI is a god thing (assuming the UI is good to begin with).

Not sure why you think Apple Carplay's UI is better or more modern either. This is what CarPlay looks like.

Untitled.jpg.b023f06ce239b6ef3a562d8d9eb47aa4.jpg

And CarPlay have not gotten any major redesigns either (which is a good thing).

There are pros and cons of having the buttons where they are on both. Having the buttons on the side provides more room for content, but at the same time, you aren't going to be watching the screen while driving.

Having the buttons on the bottom provides a slightly larger button area with more separation between the different buttons, making them easier to hit and harder to missclick (something you do not want while driving in your car, trying to look at the road).

I actually do have some suspicious what you're talking about. Are you perhaps trying to compare low end Android devices which may have some issues to iOS devices which costs 3-4 times as much? If so, it's not really a fair comparison. How about comparing let's say the Galaxy S9 to an iPhone XR instead? They are both in the same price bracket so I think that's a much fairer comparison compared to let's say a 200 dollar Motorola phone, or some cheap Chinese phone that I suspect you will be using as examples.

Why do you say Google doesn't want to provide a "Windows/Linux base OS for PCs, like update system"?

1) That is a lot harder than you make it sound on phones. Even Microsoft struggled with updates for Windows Phone, where some devices did not get certain updates (not because of hardware limitations).

2) Google has made huge leaps forward towards a better updating process. Among other things, they have done a tremendous work decoupling lots of functions and files which used to be system modules (requiring full OS updates) and moved them into Play Services, which gets updated through the play store without OS updates needing to be pushed out. They can now make quite major API updates in the background without the user even noticing. They have also created the Treble framework which we will hopefully start benefiting from in a generation or two. That should speed up the deployment of major updates.

3) Google has an interest in security with their OS. They are fairly quick with releasing security patches and responding to threats that appear. The issue often happens when device manufacturers gets the patches written by Google, and need to tailor them for their devices (which most Android handset makers doesn't bother with).

Anyway, let' not pretend like Android phones are the only devices with issues. It seems like a new device having a couple of issues is par for the course these days. Just saying "others have issues too" obviously does not excuse issues, but I think it's foolish to pretend like it is an argument for why you should pick one device over another.

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Where did you get the ridiculous idea that manufacturers don't have their own infrastructure for pushing out updates?

They most certainly do, and it is used in most parts of the world. You're from Canada, right? I am fairly sure you get updates from the OEM in that case, not the carrier. That only happens in the US, where it is a restriction imposed by the carriers themselves (they want to do their own testing, put on restrictions like disable tethering, put on their own apps etc) from what I know.

I am not sure what you're on about either when you say it would make the OS heavier, more complex and add security issues. What change would have those drawbacks and why exactly?

The problem so far has been that there have not been a clearly defined vendor interface. That has changed with Treble however.

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I like how you post three difference sources, but they are all just backing up a single statement you made regarding how Pixel devices sometimes have issues too. You made like 10 different statements, and backed up one of them which I doubt many people even questioned to begin with.

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

That looks more complicated than it really is, and it's also the old model which doesn't take Treble into account.

XR has more colors. Maybe people like to have something else beside the gold, silver, and black for a change. And the XR screen isn't that bad. Youtubers just parrot off one another. Look at it yourself, instead of listening to them. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

im not sure on the numbers but it kinda makes sense phones are epensive and now that there isnt as much of a jump per year combined with the fact that phones performance outpace user demands most average users done see the need to update ever year, i had a S6 went to a S9+ im not contemplating updating for 2 years still unless my phone dies and i cannot get a replacement or something truly revolutionary like something 5 times faster than a S9+ comes out. 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

14 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Apple can state whatever they want, but we need independent facts because all the women in the world know for a fact I am the best lover in the entire universe.

So yeah, need independent links to back up any claims made.

Other factors to consider are if its the total number of units or the net or gross.

So many ways to spin the #'s to make headlines!

Keep in mind that the supply chain reports have historically been dodgy or incomplete.

Remember last year, when there were false claims about iPhone X production suggesting that it was a bomb?  Yeah, turns out that it not only didn't flop, it was the best-selling iPhone during its lifecycle (and iPhone sales were generally growing).  The rumors about the iPhone XR have that same tone... namely, that someone either doesn't have the full picture or it's flat-out wrong.

Even with monthly plans its still like what, $70+ a month plus the cost of your data plan? or you just buy it out at $1000. 

Why is this even a surprise a cheaper mostly complete phone is selling better?

15 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Its the same kind of people who buy cars by only looking at the difference in the monthly payment without considering the downpayment and the interest rate. Honestly, I think just looking at the monthtly payment is a lot more common  than you would like to believe

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

15 hours ago, Enderman said:

Their statement is just damage control PR and marketing.

And to keep investors/shareholders happy and to calm their tits.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280