Despite rumors of low sales, Apple states iPhone XR is current best-selling iPhone | 2018 iPhones selling even worse than expected?

AlTech
22 hours ago, xtroria said:

I’ll take the notch over having a bezel that can be used for something more useful.

The notch is there because it needs to pack sensors and the left over area is simply used for more screen so the phone can have more vertical area. 

Large notch size in iPhone is also caused by a second speaker whose output is almost as loud as the primary speaker.

My XS Max is smaller than note 9 while having larger screen

That extra screen is 100% useless and breaks the perfect rectangular shape that a screen should have. I would 100% have a bezel version of a phone than one with a notch. Never have I been using my phone and looked at the bezel and thought "boy I wish I could use a small portion of that bezel as screen" the reason being is that it's extra screen realistate that is 100% useless. If I had the choice between a monitor with a slightly larger screen with a notch at the bottom or one that is slightly smaller but doesn't i would choose the smaller one every time. 

1 hour ago, SnazzyLabs said:

I'm surprised everyone surprised that Apple's cheapest new phone is its best selling...

The banana phone? XD

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 hours ago, SnazzyLabs said:

I'm surprised everyone surprised that Apple's cheapest new phone is its best selling...

The only people who are surprised seem to be the ones hoping Apple fails.  I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that a lower-cost but still genuinely powerful and fresh smartphone would sell well.  Right now it's just a question of whether those sales are enough to represent an improvement over last year, and I wouldn't trust these supply chain rumors since they're historically much less reliable than, say, new product leaks.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:11 PM, schwellmo92 said:

The difference across the life of the contract is usually the difference in the prices of the phone, saying that $60/mo for XR and $70/mo for XS “is not huge” isn’t correct as that is 15%+ more expensive and $240 over the life of a standard contract, if you’re naive enough to consider it not much more than I guess Apple for you fooled haha.

While I agree with your point, most people don't think that far ahead. They only see the immediate price tag that says $10, $15, etc. So in most people's heads, that is a Small difference, even though we might realize how significant that is

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.