[UPDATED 2] - Nvidia GPP shows its first victim

so... reddit post showing that Nvidia have it's first GPP victim with having "exclusive" brands

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/85n378/nvidia_gpps_first_victim/

GIGABYTE just intro'd a new AMD oriented external GPU box and look at the branding. AMD box is a generic GIGABYTE while the Nvidia box get's the AORUS branding. This definitely looks like confirmation that the GPP is real.

This is really bad for all consumers.

It appears as though ASUS has removed it's ROG AMD cards. When I did a google search the listing was named "ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580" but it brings you to the non branded "ASUS Radeon RX 580"

This means that ASUS simply removed ROG AMD cards, as per the GPP. In addition, when you go to the Amazon page

It's the same unbranded video card but they still haven't removed the "ROG STRIX" from the title yet.

And here's an example of all the MSI Gaming X cards being gone from both Newegg and Amazon. They aren't even listed as being out of stock on of stock on newegg

* UPDATE *

Pictures/Links of the AORUS brand vs "generic/amd" GPU BOX - Including AORUS brand moving  to new twitter account.

* UPDATE 2 *

Looks like MSI have removed all their "gaming" from AMD graphics cards aswell.. only NVIDIA cards have the gaming brand now.

You can check out msi website if needed.

now i PERSONALLY don't care if there is an exclusive naming brands for AMD / Nvidia - it might even make it more easy to consumers to figure out what they want by etc. having brands like ROG A for Nvidia and ROG B for AMD... HOWEVER i do see a hugeissue with brands that is already established like ROG and others killing AMD this way due to nvidia's GPP.

ROG is a known brand for their gaming and high performance, and extra attention to detail..

Now creating a similar ASUS brand but focused around AMD would be extremely hard for ASUS and this will in the end hurt AMD, resulting in them loosing money.. 

So next time a person will buy something their are familiar with ROG but maybe not the "amd" brand version... hence all future sales will go to nvidia...

Just now, TopHatProductions115 said:

This is pretty fishy on nVIDIA's part. I don't like the looks of this move one bit.

Looks as though AMD will have to make its own gamer branding for 3rd-party use...

I hope someone will have the balls to fight nvidia on this... and in the end it will be of no value to be in GPP, resulting them to shut it down.. however realistically i don't think it's going to happen... 

Wait what does this all mean?

All I ever do at this point is play Destiny 2.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's kinda sad... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

MB: Asus PRIME x370 Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb) 3200 MHz

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO 250gb

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ti GAMING

PSU: Corsair RMx 750w

Case: Corsair Crystal 460x

I dont think so, more like because RX580 is slower than a 1070 or 1080, i.e. level of performance, that they decided to not give it the Aorus name.

1. There are still Aorus RX580 and RX570 available

2. Gigabyte has 4 Aorus GTX 1060 6GB, equally distributed between 2 versions (8Gbps and 9Gbps memory). On the other hand, there are 2 Aorus RX580 8GB (only 1 version). Seems equal to me.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

13 minutes ago, Colin Kent said:

A possibility that Nvidia's GGP is already in place with board partners,but i'm taking a few pictures from r/AMD with a pile of salt,there still isn't substantiated evidence that this is directly related to GPP even though it is suspicious. There is also proof that the same "gaming" brands of AMD cards are still around, not so sure this is just an r/AMD spin to bash on Nvidia.

Just now, Colin Kent said:

It means that brands like ASUS ROG - will now only be Nvidia based cards... where it before was a mix of AMD and NVIDIA...

This means that a new BRAND will have to be build for AMD only... however it's very hard to build a brand, and it costs alot of money to do so... also consumers already know "ROG"... and now a new unkown brand that people are unaware selling AMD cards... people won't buy this because they trust the "ROG" brand... causing them to buy nvidia cards instead... where it might have been better option for them to get an AMD card instead... but they miss out of this...

and now AMD looses a shit load of money due to this...

6 minutes ago, kladzen said:

I hope someone will have the balls to fight nvidia on this... and in the end it will be of no value to be in GPP, resulting them to shut it down.. however realistically i don't think it's going to happen... 

it's law mechanism (GPP) is they are illegal from doing that (well mostly) but if you sue them they can sue you back...

no other way than brand boycot?

I mean Sapphire and XFX has done it

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

I dont think so, more like because RX580 is slower than a 1070 or 1080, i.e. level of performance, that they decided to not give it the Aorus name.

2. Gigabyte has 4 Aorus GTX 1060 6GB, equally distributed between 2 versions (8Gbps and 9Gbps memory). On the other hand, there are 2 Aorus RX580 8GB (only 1 version). Seems equal to me.

Just a matter of time before they are removed i guess..

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

it's law mechanism (GPP) is they are illegal from doing that (well mostly) but if you sue them they can sue you back...

no other way than brand boycot?

I mean Sapphire and XFX has done it

ye i know... but that's why i hope somebody have the balls to do it, and fight back...

All I ever do at this point is play Destiny 2.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's kinda sad... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

MB: Asus PRIME x370 Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb) 3200 MHz

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO 250gb

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ti GAMING

PSU: Corsair RMx 750w

Case: Corsair Crystal 460x

6 minutes ago, kladzen said:

Just a matter of time before they are removed i guess..

yeah, I dont think so. In the time when GPP gets shit loads of attention, doing this will lead to unwanted noise for the company.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Colin Kent said:

precisely, GPP will cause nVidiots Partners to make a separation between their AMD and nVidiots card

so this way AMD would lose market share from this idiot program

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

precisely, GPP will cause nVidiots Partners to make a separation between their AMD and nVidiots card

Not that i agree with this whole thing, but to be completely honest, anyone who knows what they are buying, will do there research as to what card to buy, if you are buying a card purely based on its branding then you arent doing the research properly. Whether its called ROG for nvidia or something else for AMD, im going to look at what the best cards for my money are and whether they are AMD or NVidia and then do the research for which models / chipsets i want. 

This personally to me, (all be it done the wrong way by nvidia) just makes it easier to identify which cards are Nvidia vs AMD.

1 minute ago, factorialandha said:

This personally to me, (all be it done the wrong way by nvidia) just makes it easier to identify which cards are Nvidia vs AMD.

If NVidiots could just say "we will announce that GPU brands has their separation between Our cards, and our rival's cards"

wouldn't that be awesome...

oh by the way will Strix designs and possibly posseidon designs make it to AMD this time?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

6 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

If NVidiots could just say "we will announce that GPU brands has their separation between Our cards, and our rival's cards"

wouldn't that be awesome...

oh by the way will Strix designs and possibly posseidon designs make it to AMD this time?

The meme-y name calling aside, if this only ends up being a branding change, Nvidia has all the right to more easily differentiate their cards from their competitor that is just riding on those AIB gaming brands.  For example go look at a Nvidia and AMD MSI Gaming or Asus Strix card and tell me the difference without seeing the box.

6 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

I think in gonna sell my and card in June because of this. I don't wanna support Nvidia anymore. Im going AMD now.

I dunno, call me an Nvidia fanboy but i've been more pissed at AMD's Radeon group for selling all their cards to miners while ignoring the core gaming audience they've always focused on,and their overall terrible marketing department. I was more interested in Vega but they were overpriced and unavailable to normal people.

so you're telling me that now i have the option of buying gear without the fuggly gaming branding all over the place by simply picking amd?

How is this a bad thing again?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

-Snip-

Eh it was pretty bad for Nvidia as well. 

The geek himself.

40 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

you are like a little baby

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Basically, Nvidia recognizes AMD as a threat and is trying to extinguish the fire before it happens.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

MSI is doing to too tho. RX 580 gaming? Gone, not for sale anymore

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=msi+RX+580&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Only generic looking ones are still available.

RX 570 from MSI is available but they do still have stock, i expect that it will disappear as well once they are sold out.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I've been wondering if it is the GPP or just that GPUs are extremely hard to find at the moment, however I noticed a couple of days ago that the Dell Alienware Area 51 Threadripper does not have a configuration listing for Vega graphics cards on Dells website currently...  This is even though in the product description they list:

The Alienware Area-51 desktop is re-engineered with Ryzen Threadripper processors, a 2nd gen triad chassis and optional dual Radeon® RX Vega64 graphics cards.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/new-alienware-area-51-threadripper-edition/spd/alienware-area51-r6#configurations

Again, not sure if this is due to GPP or that the Vega cards are just not locatable at the moment.