Halo: master chief collection is coming to steam(Disclaimer: this is not a troll)

BlockedTheShot

Personally this seems too late. I was interested in playing/getting into Halo years ago but now I might at best pick it up on a steam sale.

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

If this is true then we're back to good news.

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC too.

ALL the games will run at 4K HDR and at 60 FPS and will have dedicated PC oriented options such as resolution, FoV sliders, and possibly graphical tweaks for performance.

eFfmdb3.jpg

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Great work, Microsoft!
You really know how to piss off Customers who bought the Xbox One - and already had some bad experience with it (=can't buy 360 games with the Money in your M$ Account on XBox One/Windows).

And now you steal the only reason to get an XBox in the first place - awesome job!

Anyway, I hope there is a Windows Store version and a way to upgrade my Digital XBox One Copy to the PC Version...

I'm honestly intrigued on how you managed to spin a positive into a negative. It's not Microsoft's fault that you bought an Xbox One just for MCC, that's all you. Not to mention that "the only reason" is really subjective. Personally, I couldn't give less of a shit about Halo so it was never a factor for me. I bought an Xbox One just for Forza titles, but I was still happy to see Forza come to PC because it meant better performance at higher resolutions, as well as a potentially larger player base with cross-platform. I would imagine that the situation would be the same (or similar) here.

The game should be available in the Windows Store, as the "Get it from Microsoft" implies. Whether Xbox users who have MCC will be able to get it on PC is yet to be known, but if the rumors of cross-platform support with Xbox are correct, it should be a "Play Anywhere" title.

5 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Hopefully, they won't make Steam users have to use XBL (Xbox Live) to play online. Aside from that, single player campaign and other offline features would definitely be something that I'd be willing to pay for :D 

It's not likely that they won't require Xbox Live. It would be necessary to maintain any cross-platform or cross-service support and it's specified as a requirement on the Steam page.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

4 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I'm honestly intrigued on how you managed to spin a positive into a negative.

Oh no, its all on M$.

I just told you how I see it.

It's not Microsoft's fault that you bought an Xbox One just for MCC, that's all you.

Why bash the person telling it how he/she sees it??
What about a bit of empathy??

MCC was one of the last reasons to get the console, without any exclusives, its a useless box that doesn't make much sense.

Because if I can play it on PC anyway, why play it on Console?!

Not to mention that "the only reason" is really subjective.

Yeah? What else is there?!
Halo was one of the few things that remained on the Box...

Personally, I couldn't give less of a shit about Halo so it was never a factor for me. 

Good for you! So if that is not for you, why attack me?

Just because I have a different oppionion?

I bought an Xbox One just for Forza titles,

...wich are also on PC and also run with 60fps all the time there, wich is useful for t hat game as it is a relatively fast paced one...

but I was still happy to see Forza come to PC because it meant better performance at higher resolutions, as well as a potentially larger player base with cross-platform. I would imagine that the situation would be the same (or similar) here.

And what about the XBox??
You wasted 300-550€ for the One X??

The game should be available in the Windows Store, as the "Get it from Microsoft" implies.

It isn't right now, at least for my region...

I looked...

Whether Xbox users who have MCC will be able to get it on PC is yet to be known,

Yeah, great. Another "positive" note...

What else is there to burn down? 
There is hardly anything left on the XBox side to burn down - they already burned everything down.

And the XBox 360 was such a nice console and sold about the same as the Sony Playstation 3. M$ was in an exceptional position to rule over the console market. But no, they had to destroy it - with shitty hardware and a bundle that nobody wants, while beeing more expensive than the other side.

And also more restrictive with their DRM/Copy Protection stufff...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I'm pretty sure Microsoft's stategy for XBOX is to turn it into a service. They don't care about the console itself as much as before. They want XBOX in more places than just their own dedicated console.

I mean, look at what has happened over the past few years;

• XBOX Play Anywhere was introduced, which brought XBOX exclusives like Forza to PC
  • Microsoft Studios was renamed to XBOX Game Studios
  • The mere existence of the Game Pass
  • Halo: MCC is going on Steam
  • XBOX Live is going outside the Xbox console and Windows on other platforms like the Nintendo Switch.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

I'm pretty sure Microsoft's stategy for XBOX is to turn it into a service. They don't care about the console itself as much as possible. They want XBOX in more places than just their own dedicated console.

• XBOX Play Anywhere was introduced, which brought XBOX exclusives like Forza to PC
  • XBOX Live is going outside the Xbox console and Windows on other platforms like the Nintendo Switch.

The Console will still be the central platform everything runs through, but that becomes self-limiting at a point. The Service Model makes a lot of sense. Nintendo is a game studio & publisher that just happens to need hardware to run everything through. MS has accepted the position that the Xbox is in and are actually making a lot of smart moves. Xbox will be a platform which is Gaming with a Controller, and they'll sell you games/service anywhere they can put it. 

I'm pretty sure Microsoft's stategy for XBOX is to turn it into a service. They don't care about the console itself as much as possible. They want XBOX in more places than just their own dedicated console.

Yeah, true but then they should fix the bloody store so that you can buy 360 Games from the Money in the M$ Account from the 360 or so...

But it sucks for the people who bought the XBox One X (S not so much)...

Yeah, possibly.

But to be honest:
Isn't that the way that SEGA went??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

For anyone worried about needing to pay for XBL Gold through Steam, I can almost guarantee that won't bet be case. It'll just be like all the old Games for Windows Live titles where you'll need a Microsoft/Xbox account to sign in with but won't actually need Gold to play online on the PC. Keen af for this anyway, with this and Infinite coming to PC, Halo's finally going to get a fresh new wave of popularity across both platforms again 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It's literally not the case as I said 343 confirmed on reddit you don't need to pay for gold a silver/free account will work.

What? I'm agreeing with you lol

EDIT: unless ofc you're just confirming my speculation; I had the page open for a bit so hadn't seen your original comment before I posted mine

Edited by Kobz360

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Great work, Microsoft!
You really know how to piss off Customers who bought the Xbox One - and already had some bad experience with it (=can't buy 360 games with the Money in your M$ Account on XBox One/Windows).

And now you steal the only reason to get an XBox in the first place - awesome job!

Anyway, I hope there is a Windows Store version and a way to upgrade my Digital XBox One Copy to the PC Version...

^^^ Dictionary definition of a console peasant

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If its in the microsoft store means that 99% chance it will be play anywhere , what meants that xbox users will have free on pc, My brother has the one x and just putting his account on the microsoft store you can download and play without paying anything (you dont need xbox gold) , xbox play anywhere = another free license for your game.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

40 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It's literally not the case as I said 343 confirmed on reddit you don't need to pay for gold a silver/free account will work.

Same as the Play Anywhere titles 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I cannot wait for this, such a great series of games, and the fact they are starting with Reach is a real bonus.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

If they aren't too expensive I am going to buy and play them. I played Halo 4 on the Xbox 360 and it was a decent game, but I really don't like playing shooters with a gamepad. That is why it was the only Halo I played.

haven't played a halo since the first one so this could be interesting. but will it work on win 7?

Do you guys think its better to buy the MCC now at £19.99 or see what the price will be? Just wonder how the pricing will work. Any ideas guys?

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

its about time this comes to pc... i remember playing splitscreen years ago with friends on xbox lol

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

11 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still. *Crosses fingers it doesn't go to epic store*

1. You will NOT need Xbox Live to play ANY Steam game.

2. Xbox Live is FREE through Microsoft Rewards(approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds of 50 Bing searches a day).

3. What's wrong with the Epic Games store?(even though it's going to Steam)

4. Good luck dealing with modders.(if you need help with this, talk to any veteran GTA 5 online player, we know all the tricks)

Personally myself, make these upcoming Halo games a play anywhere title and I'm going to be all over these games.  :D   Hell, give them as an option in Game Pass and I be even more happy. Considering Halo Wars 2 is play anywhere and a game pass game.  I be super surprised if these other Halo games are not offered through that.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

Xbox Live is FREE through Microsoft Rewards(approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds of 50 Bing searches daily).

I hope there's a 60 fps mode enabled for Halo reach as well, I heard that's coming to PC too.

12 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

i'd personally like a 144fps mode for the halo games, since i have a 144hz monitor. But it may or may not happen

We, as PC gamers, make it happen. Unlocking fps is a breeze. Only a select few games on PC are virtually impossible to unlock the fps lock.

11 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Even still, small optimizations would be nice.

You do know the community can do these small optimizations themselves right? Expect downloadable patches all over the place.

11 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Hopefully, they won't make Steam users have to use XBL (Xbox Live) to play online. Aside from that, single player campaign and other offline features would definitely be something that I'd be willing to pay for :D 

1. Steam is FREE.

2. You will NOT have to pay for Xbox Live in order to play online.

3. Xbox Live has been FREE since the dawn of time.

10 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

This could be the first time I'm preordering something ever. Since this is basically several games in one, I hope the price will be reasonable.

$59.99, bank on it. $35.00 for a Steam key within a couple weeks of release on eBay.

10 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Eldewrito (community made mod)

You do know this is still up and running right now right?

What's the price on Xbox?

$12.00-$16.00 on eBay. $30.00 for the rich that just buy it from their console. Or $20.00 when it goes on sale for 48 hours once or twice a year.

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

Wow. You've been missing out. Halo Online has been up and running for many years now and is actually optimized almost flawlessly. I just checked the servers and played one match for about 5 minutes. The player count has dipped quite a bit but there's people to play with all day long. Who you choose to play with is even listed from country to country. I saw a UK match going on. A France one and a USA one. A few others but didn't remember the countries.

10 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

It's a Steam version. No way to upgrade your Xbox One copy to the PC version.

10 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

I'd definitely recommend Eldewrito and Project Cartographer. Eldewrito is based off Halo 3 and is mainly multiplayer iirc. Project Cartographer is a faithful port of Halo 2, and has a quite active online community

I second this. Still active as can be.

10 hours ago, FunkmastaFlex said:

I'm sure there will be some editing of config files if they don't support it

Of course. That's what a PC is for. They don't label it the master race for nothing.

Wait, so you still have to pay $60 a year at least to play online (or at all)? That ruins the entire thing, this went from good news to sour news. The fact that I only get Xbox live off my glitched Xbox means this is a no go for me.

That's not how Xbox Live works on PC's for many years. All Cross Pay games require the use of a Xbox Live account to play online, but it does not have to be Xbox Live Gold (paid) it can be Silver (free).

That's how Forza and gears works today.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

38 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

1. You will NOT need Xbox Live to play ANY Steam game.

2. Xbox Live is FREE through Microsoft Rewards(approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds of 50 Bing searches a day).

3. What's wrong with the Epic Games store?(even though it's going to Steam)

4. Good luck dealing with modders.(if you need help with this, talk to any veteran GTA 5 online player, we know all the tricks)

Xbox Live accounts has always been free, with out doing any rewards things, and no PC game yet has needed Xbox Live Gold subscription for over 10 years

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Xbox Live accounts has always been free, with out doing any rewards things, and no PC game yet has needed Xbox Live Gold subscription for over 10 years

You know it, if only everyone else did. I prefer to use Microsoft Rewards because for one it's a breeze and two, I've already earned enough points to get 8 years of 1-year codes absolutely free. Just redeemed one in February. Even though I rarely use a console. I do it to gather all the free games on the 1st and 16th of the month for the most part.