(Updated) An incredibly suspicious Nvidia GTX 1170 leak surfaces online and Maybe release day

duelmaster66

fake or not ? 

16gb of memory  will be too much for a 1170 I would say max 12 gb otherwise it will cost too much 

the memory speed looks good 

quotes 

A benchmark result of the unreleased Nvidia GTX 1170 graphics card has appeared online. As is the trend among all these early GeForce ‘leaks’, the image consists of a phone camera snap of a screen... so its authenticity is questionable at best. Nevertheless, here’s what the latest ‘leak’ indicates.

The image consists of a skewed 3DMark result (22989) , half obfuscated by a benchmark window. What we can gather is that the run was supposedly carried out on a single Nvidia GTX 1170 graphics card with an incredible 16GB of memory. Too incredible, in fact… but we’ll get to that. The GPU was running at 2,512MHz, while the memory bus clock was running at 2,552MHz.

source  https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-gtx-1170-3dmark-leak

Nvidia GTX 1170 fake leak full.jpg

update 

It seems we have a release day on the 1170, 1180, 1160 ,1180+ 

quotes 

• GeForce GTX 1180 on 30th August
  • GeForce GTX 1170/1180+ in 30th September
  • GeForce GTX 1160 on 30th October

You'll notice a 1180+. We're not sure about it, but are fairly certain that the GeForce GTX 1180: 30th August launch would be a founders edition, and the + very likely is a board partner board, AIB cards always launch later. All this info makes that email sound plausible (but really also could very well be tremendously fake). The email also mentions 21st August for a press conference call, for the partners.

source  http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-1180-announced-late-august-11801170-and-1160-to-follow.html

Hmmm I'm not sure it's that unlikely ya know.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Yeah, no. 

I call bullshit 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

As unlikely as 16GB of ram on a 1170 sounds... maybe they are going to market it as an entry level 4k gaming card? Or try to pair it up with their g-sync TVs? (whenever they drop). 

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

12 minutes ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

As unlikely as 16GB of ram on a 1170 sounds... maybe they are going to market it as an entry level 4k gaming card? Or try to pair it up with their g-sync TVs? (whenever they drop). 

Entry level 4K? Haha. More like entry level 16K.

hi.

36 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Entry level 4K? Haha. More like entry level 16K.

Lol, well... I was thinking more along the lines of "a 1170 can play games at least at a steady 4k 60fps at medium to high settings" so it's like a true entry level 4k card instead of saying it can do 4k@30fps with mixed settings is entry level 4k; but "a 1180 is the flagship card to play all current games at max settings at least at a steady 4k 60fps" something along those lines. Then they release the 1180ti when something new comes out that requires even more power and it just crushes everything, maybe like 4k 144hz gaming?      (more like a wish list of what I want, lol)

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

16Gb would be stupid, if real. I hate this trend of wasting RAM (which is CRAZY expensive).

Phones do it all the time, why the hell do we have more than 4Gb of ram in phones is beyond me. Mine has 3Gb and I cannot use more than 2, even when using EVERYTHING at the same time.

Putting that much ram on a non-professional graphics card is stupid. 8Gb is more than fine and will continue to be, actually I do believe that less is more sometimes:

If 8Gb becomes the "norm", developers can start using VRAM like its nothing, destroying the performance of good 4Gb cards. Not saying that this will happen, but it is a possibility, and there is no reason to push massive textures.

So in conclusion, I really dont know if it is true - I would like to believe its not, but the industry is crazy so im not that sure.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

16GB would be really surprising. We all know Nvidia doesn't like to give their cards a lot of VRAM.

I mean the 1080ti only has 11GB,

I might believe 12GB but even that is imo a bit of a stretch.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

not buying it

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, AskTJ said:

16GB of vram on a 1170? Unlikely.

I wouldn't be too surprised to be honest, the 970 had 4GB and the 1070 went straight for 8. Besides sometimes it's actually easier to double the size than to increase it by 50%; the bus width and cell capacity aren't as flexible as one might think.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

16GB would be really surprising. We all know Nvidia doesn't like to give their cards a lot of VRAM.

I mean the 1080ti only has 11GB,

I might believe 12GB but even that is imo a bit of a stretch.

The 980ti had 6gb of ram while the 1070 has 8. That's 25% more vram. So 16gb vs 11 gb is about the same tbh. 

EVGA?

That was my red flag. I could buy the VRAM amount with the way trends have been (770 had 2GB, 970 had 4GB, 1070 has 8GB), but I really can't buy the fact that EVGA would have some sort of engineering 1170 for benchmarking use right then and there.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

19 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

not buying it

Good to know...

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

EVGA?

That was my red flag. I could buy the VRAM amount with the way trends have been (770 had 2GB, 970 had 4GB, 1070 has 8GB), but I really can't buy the fact that EVGA would have some sort of engineering 1170 for benchmarking use right then and there.

why not?

you dont think these guys dont get samples way before

you dont think these guys dont need time to work out their kinks

you dont think nvidia hasnt been holding these off on purpose?

look at the titan v pics leaks from an intern long before (half yr?), I was even skeptical about those too

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

why not?

you dont think these guys dont get samples way before

you dont think these guys dont need time to work out their kinks

you dont think nvidia hasnt been holding these off on purpose?

look at the titan v pics leaks from an intern long before (half yr?), I was even skeptical about those too

???

What I meant is that why would a benchmarker get an EVGA engineering sample rather than an Nvidia engineering sample.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

???

What I meant is that why would a benchmarker get an EVGA engineering sample rather than an Nvidia engineering sample.

evga engineer maybe stressing it

just saying im open minded now days on these close to release leaks

To all people saying 16GB is too much, let's think about this...

Next-gen cards are supposed to be RTX ready. Maybe, just maybe, 16GB GDDR6 is the RTX standard for this architecture to still manage a 15 - 25% performance increase over last gen.

Also, maybe pulling off DX12.5/13 (or whatever it is) requires this kind of power. Just a thought.

Edited by AtlasWraith

With this I'll be able to run Oni with mods all from VRam.

exc.gif

Later to find out the VRam is all DDR4 memory except the 1st 3/4 of a gigabyte

ason-its-treason-then-it-must-be-5156057

Wasn't there also another rumour that nvidia would be offering cards in multiple ram configurations? This could be the crazy high model for people with more money than sense, and everyone else would go for the cheaper one.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible