(Updated) An incredibly suspicious Nvidia GTX 1170 leak surfaces online and Maybe release day

duelmaster66
5 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Come on mr moose this is absolutely a monitor. It's only an I/O device.

IMG_0276.JPG.6a2d8fca73cf443c0bd1308134fd029e.JPG

This has too many options and has an RJ-45 connection. Remember monitors can't have LAN. it must be a TV.

IMG_0277.JPG.9b984479cfc112ec24b031c928d3f609.JPG

On topic: we shall see.

Why can't monitors have lan, If you can watch tv on it it's a tv if you can play games on it's a monitor, if you can do both then it's both.   Besides the fact that nowadays they are called displays and not always tv's or monitors.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Ah yes TV, that thing I used to watch years ago but barely bother. Maybe when I'm at my parents place around news time I'll watch it. Is "TV" event still relevant?

Dont you like big screens?

Ah yes TV, that thing I used to watch years ago but barely bother. Maybe when I'm at my parents place around news time I'll watch it. Is "TV" event still relevant?

if by TV you mean sound and video transmitted to a device electronically for viewing,  then yes it still exists, people watch tv on their phones, tablets, laptops, and pcs.  In fact we have a whole sub forum dedicated to home theatre where people specifically choose displays for that very purpose along side playing some games.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

gallery_268301_3654_494488.jpg

Yep.

How much does that cost compared to a TV that size?

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Why can't monitors have lan, If you can watch tv on it it's a tv if you can play games on it's a monitor, if you can do both then it's both.   Besides the fact that nowadays they are called displays and not always tv's or monitors.

I was being facetious. Considering the second one is specifically called a broadcast monitor.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

gallery_268301_3654_494488.jpg

Yep.

No better way to be immersed.

On another note, what projector are you using. If you don't mind my asking.

7 minutes ago, avg123 said:

How much does that cost compared to a TV that size?

Good luck getting a TV in that size, it's 96" 2.35:1 aspect. Plus the screen has moving shutters on the sides for 16/9 and 4/3, surprising how much better images look without extra screen showing with no image on it.

Anyway in NZD that projector is $5k (Panasonic AE5000) and the screen is 1.6k but I forget the brand. So around 3k USD back in 2011/very early 2012.

Edit:

@Dylanc1500 See above

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Good luck getting a TV in that size, it's 96" 2.35:1 aspect. Plus the screen has moving shutters on the sides for 16/9 and 4/3, surprising how much better images look without extra screen showing with no image on it.

Anyway in NZD that projector is $5k (Panasonic AE5000) and the screen is 1.6k but I forget the brand. So around 3k USD back in 2011/very early 2012.

Edit:

@Dylanc1500 See above

How has your experience with it been? My wife was nice and got me a laser NEC projector for this last birthday and I love it.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

How has your experience with it been? My wife was nice and got me a laser NEC projector for this last birthday and I love it.

Well I stopped going to the cinema, except for traveling down to Wellington for movies like Star Wars to watch in near as much the best cinema in the country. Imagine quality wise it's better than the local cinema and certainly better sound as well. All up that's a very expensive room before taking in to account the room itself was purpose built for it.

PS4 games like FF15 look simply amazing on it too and Gran Turismo is another amazing experience.

Well I stopped going to the cinema, except for traveling down to Wellington for movies like Star Wars to watch in near as much the best cinema in the country. Imagine quality wise it's better than the local cinema and certainly better sound as well. All up that's a very expensive room before taking in to account the room itself was purpose built for it.

PS4 games like FF15 look simply amazing on it too and Gran Turismo is another amazing experience.

I don't blame you. The only time I go is if we go to a Dine-In cinema. Something about a prime rib and refills at the press of a button soothes me. I also figured it was designed for that, you better believe I saw the Martin logans to the left and right.

I honestly have only played one game on my projector and that was, and I'm not joking, Jumping Flash 2 on the original Playstation. I was going to bring my personal PC from my office upstairs but it ended up being my workstation and using it as one giant "monitor." That has now become my favorite place to work when at home. 

3 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

you better believe I saw the Martin logans to the left and right.

Rare thing to encounter someone who knows what those are :). Great thing about ML ELS is no matter how high or low you buy they will all sound great and have that same sonic feel, I like it a lot more than the B&W 800 Diamonds even though those are like twice to triple the price of my ones I have.

Local audio store here had a back room with a Runco projector and 800D fronts, 802 Rears and 804 Sides, money only goes so far until personal taste makes a bigger difference than the price tag.

i don't seem to see this question before. If this is true, how much VRAM will 1170ti, 1180 and 1180ti have? 

20 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

People are doubting the 16GB of VRAM, but no one's seemed to have noticed... The nearly 2.6GHz clock speed. That was last achieved on a GTX 1060... Under LN2.

To be fair, people were doubting the 10xx series clocks at launch, and hitting 2GHz.

16 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Rare thing to encounter someone who knows what those are :). Great thing about ML ELS is no matter how high or low you buy they will all sound great and have that same sonic feel, I like it a lot more than the B&W 800 Diamonds even though those are like twice to triple the price of my ones I have.

Local audio store here had a back room with a Runco projector and 800D fronts, 802 Rears and 804 Sides, money only goes so far until personal taste makes a bigger difference than the price tag.

I know because I have a pair myself in my listening/library room ?. Definitely prefer the ESLs to the B&W's. I'm a fan of the sound and clarity from horns, and the ESLs do a great job without taking up as much space.

Definitely agree, there is a point where the design and placement of the system all together becomes more important than the individual components.

33 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I'm a fan of the sound and clarity from horns, and the ESLs do a great job without taking up as much space.

Interesting you say that because the cinema in Wellington I go down to uses very large horns, American brand but forgot what they are now. Looked them up few years ago when I got to have a look at them.

Edit:

@Dylanc1500

Looks like they switch to Junk But Loud when upgrading to Atmos, though not sure if they changed everything out or just added those.

557703_10151108003965998_389261780_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1dc9de2cbb6d4e89711ba37220fc0c36&oe=5BE63A76

On 7/21/2018 at 12:52 AM, Taja said:

16Gb would be stupid, if real. I hate this trend of wasting RAM (which is CRAZY expensive).

Phones do it all the time, why the hell do we have more than 4Gb of ram in phones is beyond me. Mine has 3Gb and I cannot use more than 2, even when using EVERYTHING at the same time.

Putting that much ram on a non-professional graphics card is stupid. 8Gb is more than fine and will continue to be, actually I do believe that less is more sometimes:

If 8Gb becomes the "norm", developers can start using VRAM like its nothing, destroying the performance of good 4Gb cards. Not saying that this will happen, but it is a possibility, and there is no reason to push massive textures.

So in conclusion, I really dont know if it is true - I would like to believe its not, but the industry is crazy so im not that sure.

There's a whole industry of 3d artists who don't use nor need quadro's for our work.
Their features are more or less pointless in most 3d animation spaces, so we actually benefit hugely from increases in vram in the GTX/titan/ti ranges.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

6 hours ago, Serin said:

There's a whole industry of 3d artists who don't use nor need quadro's for our work.
Their features are more or less pointless in most 3d animation spaces, so we actually benefit hugely from increases in vram in the GTX/titan/ti ranges.

You do have a point, but the gtx are, in their core, GAMING cards. i have no beef with the Titan having a ludacris amount of ram, since it is not a normal graphics card. But the gtx ones? They should be taylored for gamers, and gamers wont use that much VRAM.

Is like adding a feature in a mainstream product that will add massive cost and will benefit less than 0.1% of the costumers. It makes no sense.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

7 hours ago, Taja said:

You do have a point, but the gtx are, in their core, GAMING cards. i have no beef with the Titan having a ludacris amount of ram, since it is not a normal graphics card. But the gtx ones? They should be taylored for gamers, and gamers wont use that much VRAM.

Is like adding a feature in a mainstream product that will add massive cost and will benefit less than 0.1% of the costumers. It makes no sense.

Ya.
And for the record I really don't think the 16gb 11-whatever series card is going to be a GTX. My money is on it being the titan, or maybe, just maybe the TI.

6 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Might be nice yet a lil overkill for texture work in maya.

There's a lot more you can do with vram outside of just textures.
Just storing vertex data. Objects. Say terrain at a stupidly high level of detail, or particle systems.
I can pretty easily use up 12gb on just a mountain and a particle-based forest without even worrying about textures.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

On 7/22/2018 at 3:18 AM, leadeater said:

Snip

Most cinemas do actually use large horns, typically directly behind the screen. They are fantastic for directing sound where you want it to go. IMAX uses some huge ones.

Those two boxes in the foreground are actually using horns in them. They are using 1.5" diaphragms. Most likely are utilizing horns in other places as well.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Those two boxes in the foreground are actually using horns in them. They are using 1.5" diaphragms. Most likely are utilizing horns in other places as well.

Yea almost everything in there is horns, wish I could find what the original brand was. Crown amps also used for those JBLs, not a fan of most JBL stuff myself though their product range is rather large. The L-Acoustics stuff I've listened to was way way better than any of the JBL stuff I've listened to.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yea almost everything in there is horns, wish I could find what the original brand was. Crown amps also used for those JBLs, not a fan of most JBL stuff myself though their product range is rather large. The L-Acoustics stuff I've listened to was way way better than any of the JBL stuff I've listened to.

I can agree with that sentiment. I'd go with Cerwin Vega before JBL. L-acoustics, I have heard great things about them, but I haven't heard them to my knowledge.

Wouldn't a real result from an unreleased GPU that would obviously need some inhouse non WHQL driver show "driver not approved" instead of "valid result"?

825 days from May 27th launch date of the 1080 to the alleged 1180 release date of 30th August 2018

The 8000 series from Nvidia launched November 8th 2006, 4313 days before the alleged 30th of August 2018 release date. Since then we had the 8000 series, 9000, 200, 400, 500, 600, 700 and the 900 series, lasting an average of 436 days.

The 970 released at performance levels similar to that of the 780Ti, the 1070 released at performance levels a few % ahead of the 980Ti. After over 2 YEARS 4 MONTHS, the bare fucking minimum performance of the 1170 ought to be ABOVE that of the 1080Ti.

This is the reality of our new monopoly going forward. This is not some oddity in generation length, Nvidia is setting a new standard.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

1 hour ago, MMKing said:

825 days from May 27th launch date of the 1080 to the alleged 1180 release date of 30th August 2018

The 8000 series from Nvidia launched November 8th 2006, 4313 days before the alleged 30th of August 2018 release date. Since then we had the 8000 series, 9000, 200, 400, 500, 600, 700 and the 900 series, lasting an average of 436 days.

The 970 released at performance levels similar to that of the 780Ti, the 1070 released at performance levels a few % ahead of the 980Ti. After over 2 YEARS 4 MONTHS, the bare fucking minimum performance of the 1170 ought to be ABOVE that of the 1080Ti.

This is the reality of our new monopoly going forward. This is not some oddity in generation length, Nvidia is setting a new standard.

Who knows maybe they were waiting for 7nm. 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:12 AM, duelmaster66 said:

update 

It seems we have a release day on the 1170, 1180, 1160 ,1180+ 

quotes 

• GeForce GTX 1180 on 30th August
  • GeForce GTX 1170/1180+ in 30th September
  • GeForce GTX 1160 on 30th October

You'll notice a 1180+. We're not sure about it, but are fairly certain that the GeForce GTX 1180: 30th August launch would be a founders edition, and the + very likely is a board partner board, AIB cards always launch later. All this info makes that email sound plausible (but really also could very well be tremendously fake). The email also mentions 21st August for a press conference call, for the partners.

source  http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-1180-announced-late-august-11801170-and-1160-to-follow.html

So no one’s noticed that those supposed release dates for the 1170 & 1180+ are on a SUNDAY?! That alone is enough to be sure this is totally fake!