Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Man what a mess. Aside from the BOP shenanigans heavily favouring the Porsches and the post-race penalties (RIP G-Drive class win demotion, RIP #67 11 lap demotion) there was some genuinely good racing in the classes. RIP the ByKolles too.

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

The 1zz is up there, but I think the 5vz v6 tops it, and the 2uz comes close.

i'm more of a 1uz guy :P 2uz is too truck-like to be rev happy ish.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'm more of a 1uz guy :P 2uz is too truck-like to be rev happy ish.

That’s the point though.

the 2uz is a low-revving truck motor, which is also why it tends to last longer. Plus, all cast iron.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Does anybody here know of some good YouTube or internet guides for fixing really bad clear coat, oxidized paint, and large paint chips? I figured that I should start reading up on it, since my dad is going to give this car to me once he gets a new one.

Pic for reference:

IMG_20180618_205447374.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

52 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Does anybody here know of some good YouTube or internet guides for fixing really bad clear coat, oxidized paint, and large paint chips? I figured that I should start reading up on it, since my dad is going to give this car to me once he gets a new one.

Pic for reference:

IMG_20180618_205447374.jpg

One word: Ammonyc

just know that’s clearcoat peeling that your looking at. It will fade again (probably faster than the first time) and when it does it will be worse. 

But if you take take good care of it and keep it well waxed and stuff you should be able to get a few years out of it before needing to repaint 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

MK2 wasnt driven by McRae tho 

So? 

Unless its one of his personal ones that means damn near nothing. He's a race car driver. If anyone else pays him more or gave him a better edge He would have dropped ford in a heartbeat. Hell I raced for a Citreon Team in endurance racing, I hate french cars, But their logo was right there on my overalls and smiles in all the interviews cause I wanted to race.

Its only really left in Time Attack where peopel race the cars they want as they start them in street class and they build them up picking up sponsors along the way, don't know of any Factory teams (Excluding Pikes Peak cars) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

9 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

around 40 more hp :P 

true :( 

as i said, its literally a mountune kit fitted from factory

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

So? 

Unless its one of his personal ones that means damn near nothing. He's a race car driver. If anyone else pays him more or gave him a better edge He would have dropped ford in a heartbeat. Hell I raced for a Citreon Team in endurance racing, I hate french cars, But their logo was right there on my overalls and smiles in all the interviews cause I wanted to race.

Its only really left in Time Attack where peopel race the cars they want as they start them in street class and they build them up picking up sponsors along the way, don't know of any Factory teams (Excluding Pikes Peak cars) 

What does that have to do with anything?

That focus with McRae behind the wheel was what got me into cars and racing. So naturally it holds are pretty high status with me

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

as i said, its literally a mountune kit fitted from factory

yes ... less work ... more enjoying the car 

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

What does that have to do with anything?

That focus with McRae behind the wheel was what got me into cars and racing. So naturally it holds are pretty high status with me

i do have to say ... this did more than the focus for me 

image.png.b7ab190a1d99ed6364a87f655e79f5c0.png

or even this 

image.png.d41e9d59b83beb368c0ecd5fadd0c5df.png

but yeah, Colin McRae in general was a big reason why i love rally so much 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

31 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

yes ... less work ... more enjoying the car 

i do have to say ... this did more than the focus for me 

or even this 

but yeah, Colin McRae in general was a big reason why i love rally so much 

I was a bit late for those

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I was a bit late for those

same, but still some of my favorite cars he ever drove

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

when will people learn to look at the fucking road when they are driving? 

tenor.gif

57 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

when will people learn to look at the fucking road when they are driving? 

tenor.gif

never

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

never

tenor.gif&key=9ba4c8f9caf1673ee06084da2c

On 6/18/2018 at 7:48 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Holy fuck I'm actually dying. EVERYONE HAS THAT GODDAMN CPE BOX

16 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Well remember I race it in Time Attack, its not a Riced up street car. but been built up as a full track car. 

sadly the RS has the LSD and Revo Knuckles, so it puts down the power better than me at the moment but the LSD is next on the list after my new Suspension arrives. 

Ditto. The last thing I'm doing before BT

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

literally can't even

;)

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

T H E B O X

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

T H E B O X

I already bought the COBB intake but I gotta go out and buy T H E B O X so I can be cool and see my filter only when I pop my hood open. Or DIY it cause I'm poor/picky?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

On 6/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, bcredeur97 said:

and I say modern but 2000 was literally 18 years ago...

I feel old -___-

And 2020 is only 1.5 years away...

And apparently, my LTT account is four years old today!

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I already bought the COBB intake but I gotta go out and buy T H E B O X so I can be cool and see my filter only when I pop my hood open. Or DIY it cause I'm poor/picky?

make one ... be different .... and cheap

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

make one ... be different .... and cheap

Eh I dont care about seeing my filter. It's a filter. We know what they look like. Its a paper/fabric cylinder with a lot of folds. 

OH WOW LOOK SOME GUY'S FILTER IS MORE CONE SHAPED

Image result for good for you clap

And as much as having no box or an open to design allows you to hear things better, its worse for your performance since youre drawing in hot air surrounding the engine.

I'm a firm believer in "It's okay to do stuff for aesthetic reasons as long as it doesnt negatively impact performance"

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Eh I dont care about seeing my filter. It's a filter. We know what they look like. Its a paper/fabric cylinder with a lot of folds. 

OH WOW LOOK SOME GUY'S FILTER IS MORE CONE SHAPED

-snip-

And as much as having no box or an open to design allows you to hear things better, its worse for your performance since youre drawing in hot air surrounding the engine.

I'm a firm believer in "It's okay to do stuff for aesthetic reasons as long as it doesnt negatively impact performance"

reminds me there is sooo many miatas with "hot air" intakes

lol

Spoiler

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:
<SN4P>

Thats literally the slowest crash ever. How did they not see that.