Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Holy fuck I'm actually dying. EVERYONE HAS THAT GODDAMN CPE BOX

Ditto. The last thing I'm doing before BT

Those engine bays look so cramped. Those wheels are so lowered as well, makes me cringe. Just turn the steering wheel if you want to go round corners faster. 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

*Snip

Can't wait to show you pics of my new one. hopefully fitting this weekend

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Thats literally the slowest crash ever. How did they not see that. 

because young lady doesn't care about driving, only the guy sitting next to her.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

21 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

That’s the point though.

the 2uz is a low-revving truck motor, which is also why it tends to last longer. Plus, all cast iron.

yes, but aluminum is lighter, and 1uzs can last as long as a 2uz really. you could build a performance 2uz, but would it be worth it over a 1uz?

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

reminds me there is sooo many miatas with "hot air" intakes

lol

i think same goes with 240sxs that run ka24de engines. poor ass designs lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Took a quick little snap of my exhaust crackles xD

They are really loud:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkNk-Mzg7BeCmFHS4V8QXXwteb5U7TTOdbcaYM0/?taken-by=achulz

link broken :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Being that I'm broke, I've decided that I am going to make my own cold air intake out of PVC.

Tried to buy a stage 2 NA cam for my car but apparently it's been discontinued. I think that I might be able to have a custom one made for just a bit more money but it's a pain. I was just going to give them the specs for the stage 2. I'm a bit concerned that with a stage 2 though the new pistons (if they ever ship) are going to hit the valves and mess them up.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Being that I'm broke, I've decided that I am going to make my own cold air intake out of PVC.

Tried to buy a stage 2 NA cam for my car but apparently it's been discontinued. I think that I might be able to have a custom one made for just a bit more money but it's a pain. I was just going to give them the specs for the stage 2. I'm a bit concerned that with a stage 2 though the new pistons (if they ever ship) are going to hit the valves and mess them up.

Why PVC? There must be something better material wise for almost as cheap lol

you don’t want to make hard 90 degree bends on anything where the goal is high airflow for sure. Keep that in mind.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

you don’t want to make hard 90 degree bends on anything where the goal is high airflow for sure. Keep that in mind.

time for some chicken wire and duct tape

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

-snip-

There :D

be careful where you do that... lol

but that looks like it could be a lot of fun xD 

Spoiler

12 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Nooooooooooo whys it always Toronto

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I was reading about resonators on the intake to make the sound more mellow as well as some slight performance benefits. I doubt I would notice the performance gains, but I would like to mellow the sound if possible. With PVC I can cut it up and resize parts as needed to experiment with the sound. I may switch to something better looking later once I figure out what I want.

I was going to make a cold air intake at the bottom of my bumper along the front lip but I don't have the means to do that on my car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

14 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

be careful where you do that... lol

but that looks like it could be a lot of fun xD 

I do it pretty much all the time, as bad as it seems. If I just let off the throttle it'll pop maybe once or twice, if I barely touch the gas it'll pop and bang like no tomorrow lol

Pretty easy to control though, I can turn it off too since I have the other tune that doesn't have crackles.

People that are good at photography,(ahem, @chaozbandit ) any tips when shooting cars? I more or less just rely on the rule of thirds when shooting cars and they turn out half decent, but I've been wanting some variety in shots, any suggestions?

20170606_212358.jpg

20180602_061437.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Anyone got any suggestions for making this dank 200$ Mazda MX 3 from 1992 quieter?

runs, drives, stops

had an exhaust leak I fixed, gotta order an air filter for it as the one in there is probably the original one

doesnt leak anything and I gave it a full oil change

its a bit better than when I left with it, 93 octane and a fuel system cleaner did ok, thinking I should seafoam it but I'm not sure how to do the vacuum tube thing on this 

also carb cleaner is amazing at taking adhesive residue off glass, I removed window tint that was on the hatch and had to get it all off 

needs new tires bad, I'm gonna get new front tires next week

after it's more stable internally I'm gonna try and find a rear bumper, fender, light and hood

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

The quickest and cheapest way to make a car quieter is to note drive it at all. Works every time. 

Other than that, I'd make sure there are no rattles, nothing is out of place. Look for holes in the bodywork and patch them up. Maybe get some dynamat etc. Turning up the radio a lot helps too. 

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

People that are good at photography,(ahem, @chaozbandit ) any tips when shooting cars? I more or less just rely on the rule of thirds when shooting cars and they turn out half decent, but I've been wanting some variety in shots, any suggestions?

20170606_212358.jpg

20180602_061437.jpg

Invest in a proper camera and work from there

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

14 hours ago, terrytek said:

yes, but aluminum is lighter, and 1uzs can last as long as a 2uz really. you could build a performance 2uz, but would it be worth it over a 1uz?

i think same goes with 240sxs that run ka24de engines. poor ass designs lol

Dude you’re completely missing the point. These motors are for completely different purposes. One is s luxury car motor, one is a truck motor.

If you want a performance truck motor, s supercharged 2uz will absolutely stomp a similarly modded 1uz.

in a lightweight sports car, a 2uz will be a boat anchor compared to the 1uz.

cast iron will be stronger and more durable than aluminum. That’s a fact.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The quickest and cheapest way to make a car quieter is to note drive it at all. Works every time. 

Other than that, I'd make sure there are no rattles, nothing is out of place. Look for holes in the bodywork and patch them up. Maybe get some dynamat etc. Turning up the radio a lot helps too. 

quiet car:

buy a luxury german  car and add more insulation on top of the already ridiculous amounts they usually put.

that's the easiest way to go about it... lol

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Dude you’re completely missing the point. These motors are for completely different purposes. One is s luxury car motor, one is a truck motor.

If you want a performance truck motor, s supercharged 2uz will absolutely stomp a similarly modded 1uz.

in a lightweight sports car, a 2uz will be a boat anchor compared to the 1uz.

cast iron will be stronger and more durable than aluminum. That’s a fact.

it will take a while to explain that his beloved 1uz is not the strongest thing out there .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

13 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Nooooooooooo whys it always Toronto

Always... Remember when that kid crashed the mclaren into the audi r8?

Fun

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

it will take a while to explain that his beloved 1uz is not the strongest thing out there .... 

And don’t get me wrong, the 1uz is a great engine, but it isn’t as strong as a 2uz.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

And don’t get me wrong, the 1uz is a great engine, but it isn’t as strong as a 2uz.

yep iron blocks usually are stronger than aluminium ...cause science .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO