Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

wNAsUycKD-ng2IK77dzWKy4HYlUFlygTPIXV58nh

RhriXFt7TdV8n6E568A4ANTfB_C6dr3Sif9U8U1B

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Subwoofers vs. No subwoofers? Thinking of putting one in my 407, although with biting the bullet and getting an aftermarket HU as well. Not too hard about the bass anymore now i'm older but I want to know what people think!

my biggest problem with subs in cars is they never sound like they are *a part* of the song you are playing. You can always tell "yeah that's the sub behind me*.

I rather be immersed in music....

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've never seen a twin charged Miata either, definitely caught my eye. I have no idea what supercharger that could be, I know it's not a Jackson Racing blower since that mounts exhaust side. I wish I could find more info on this thing 

Really? I thought they were intake side mounted, since on honda 4s with superchargers they seem to be mounted up front. Unless those aren't jackson racing blowers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

my biggest problem with subs in cars is they never sound like they are *a part* of the song you are playing. You can always tell "yeah that's the sub behind me*.

I rather be immersed in music....

A lot of that has to do with people having a tendency to turn the subs bass boost up way too high and having the low pass filter too low. "I need the thump and all the SPLs!!!", Instead of tuning them to compliment their current setup.

Anyone have any idea where I can buy rain guards for my 1988 Nissan Maxima's windows? I've checked google, amazon, and ebay. Nothin'.

Moist

12 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Anyone have any idea where I can buy rain guards for my 1988 Nissan Maxima's windows? I've checked google, amazon, and ebay. Nothin'.

Weathertech supposedly has them, but they aren't cheap and the fit varies from car to car. Asian knockoffs will work just as well for half the price, but I dont know what brands Ive purchased.

http://www.weathertech.ca/en/nissan/1998/maxima/side-window-deflectors/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Weathertech supposedly has them, but they aren't cheap and the fit varies from car to car. Asian knockoffs will work just as well for half the price, but I dont know what brands Ive purchased.

http://www.weathertech.ca/en/nissan/1998/maxima/side-window-deflectors/

Fug.. Yeah thats pretty expensive ;w; I wouldnt mind asian knockoffs honestly. As long as they dont fly off going down the highway

Moist

30 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Fug.. Yeah thats pretty expensive ;w; I wouldnt mind asian knockoffs honestly. As long as they dont fly off going down the highway

Based on my personal experience with weather-tech products, they will probably outlast the vehicle. It's more expensive but they are definitely worth the money. However, I don't know if you have a set amount you are willing to spend.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Based on my personal experience with weather-tech products, they will probably outlast the vehicle. It's more expensive but they are definitely worth the money. However, I don't know if have set amount you are willing to spend.

Well I mean.. For 130 bucks i could probably buy 4 sets of asian brands too.. If the car was worth more, I could figure payin' that. Just dont know if i can stick 130 dollar rain guards on a 400 dollar car ;w;

Moist

3 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Well I mean.. For 130 bucks i could probably buy 4 sets of asian brands too.. If the car was worth more, I could figure payin' that. Just dont know if i can stick 130 dollar rain guards on a 400 dollar car ;w;

Lol, I can definitely understand that sentiment. I probably would do the same, or rig something myself. Although if you do plan on keeping the car for awhile, then it could very well be worth it in the long run.

I've got a question, when does a car become a supercar? I know an RS6 is commonly regarded as a supercar but how about the just as fast/faster as well as more unique RS3? but does this mean that the term supercar is being diluted? 

System ProjectLuX

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

G.Skill 2x16GB Trident Z Neo 3600 C16

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm

Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass

Drives:

Boot Drive- Samsung 960 Evo 250GB

Games- Seagate Barracuda Compute 3TB (2016)

Audio: 

DAC: Schiit Modius

Headphone Amplifier: Schiit Asgard 3

Speaker Amplifier: Yamaha AS501 

Speakers: Dali Zensor 3

Subwoofer: Dali E12-F

Headphones: HifiMan Ananda & Sennheiser HD 558 

IEM: Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless

29 minutes ago, NerdModeEngaged said:
I've got a question, when does a car become a supercar? I know an RS6 is commonly regarded as a supercar but how about the just as fast/faster as well as more unique RS3? but does this mean that the term supercar is being diluted? 

Tough question as the term "Supercar" doesn't really have a tangible definition. 

Personally I wouldn't consider the RS6 or RS3 to be supercars. To me a supercar has to be a two seater and mid engined, YMMV. Don't get me wrong, the RS3 and RS6 are super cool cars, but not supercars. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Tough question as the term "Supercar" doesn't really have a tangible definition. 

Personally I wouldn't consider the RS6 or RS3 to be supercars. To me a supercar has to be a two seater and mid engined, YMMV. Don't get me wrong, the RS3 and RS6 are super cool cars, but not supercars. 

Ah yes, I think the problem with the term "supercar" is the fact that it does not have a definition, my definition is the fact that it has to be exotic, personally i don't really see the RS6 as being that exotic, yeah it is really fast and all and has tonnes of power, but it doesnt tick that exotic box. now here is where my personal definition fails me, as although the RS6 is not seen to be exotic, that inline 5 within the RS3 for me is what I would class as exotic, this is because it is horredously unique and sounds that way, However I can think of many cars that also are seen to be "supercars" without being two seated and mid engined, such as the LFA, GTC4Lusso,and even the F1, so yet together, both of our definitions actually fail to define what a supercar is, and this annoys me as this word is so commonly used, however nobody has an actual fixed definition of the word, even if you google it you get a very generic definition of "a high-performance sports car" which itself is irrelevant there are indeed some supercars, which themselves are not sports cars, for example the 720S actually isn't a sports car,  it is more of a GT car.

System ProjectLuX

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Drives:

Audio: 

23 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats still like 10 or so times more power than my moped had in a bike thats only twice the weight at most, so its still a pretty fast thing compared to what i have experience with. cant get my full bike lisence untill im 21 tho :( not sure if il bother getting it anyway, 47hp is plenty enough for most things, the main reason to get the full lisence would be to have more freedom in what i can and cant ride

I wouldn't mind an A2 license bike. And I think for commuting and some fun it might just be more than enough.

23 hours ago, Parptarf said:

So yeah, hi again.

Name's Stig (Yes really that is my given name).

I've had a bunch of beaters, but here's what I ride now.

The daily shitbox, a '01 E46 320i

pEWXd0k.jpg

And then the project car. 1971 VW 1301L nicknamed "White Rabbit 2.0"   (There was a number one too, but we don't talk about that car)

Welcome to the thread :D

I wouldn't mind having a "shitbox" like yours, wagon (touring in this case) + six cylinder noises :x

You've got some very nice photos on your portfolio, ngl. Good job

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

A lot of that has to do with people having a tendency to turn the subs bass boost up way too high and having the low pass filter too low. "I need the thump and all the SPLs!!!", Instead of tuning them to compliment their current setup.

Too many people don't configure them well or even set them up properly. I've seen so many people with the wrong gauge wiring or straight up noodle spaghetti. Tuning it well with software is the best thing you can do. 

Speaking of software I wish someone would update Diagbox so I can use it without buying the Lexia kit. I already have an OBD2 adapter so it's very frustrating. 

58 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I wouldn't mind an A2 license bike. And I think for commuting and some fun it might just be more than enough.

Yah they can be plenty fast, even a 125cc is perfectly fine for comuting but i kinda want a bit more :P its not much cheaper to get a lisence limited to just those so i might as well get this one. went in to sign up for the education but the school where i could get it the fastest had their entire IT down, said they would call me back but that hasent happaned yet -_- 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You guys really need to see this

https://imgur.com/gallery/UBFa1nN

Spoiler

tc77cfN.jpgZgSREZq.jpg187evXs.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

14 hours ago, terrytek said:

Really? I thought they were intake side mounted, since on honda 4s with superchargers they seem to be mounted up front. Unless those aren't jackson racing blowers.

Maybe for their Hondas. But for Miatas they're on the exhaust side. You ever watch Gingium's rally Miata build? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Where are all the 02 sensors on a 2000 gmc sierra 1500 5.3 ?

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

You guys really need to see this

https://imgur.com/gallery/UBFa1nN

Hide contents

tc77cfN.jpgZgSREZq.jpg187evXs.jpg

Still worse than the most popular ad here ... ?

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

8 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

Still worse than the most popular ad here ... ?

Whats that toyota truck topgear reviewed? I want one of those. Thats what the ad should be for.

12 hours ago, NerdModeEngaged said:

I wouldnt say the RS3 is "just as fast" as an RS6, its missing proper quattro and has half the hp. In day to day life then yea, but once you can really go for it the RS6 is just gonna walk all over the RS3

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

I wouldnt say the RS3 is "just as fast" as an RS6, its missing proper quattro and has half the hp. In day to day life then yea, but once you can really go for it the RS6 is just gonna walk all over the RS3

Last week I would have agreed with you, however as the new facelift of the RS3 has 400 hp, this means that the car is in fact only 150 hp off the NON PERFORMANCE version of the RS6, and then when you take into account the fact that the RS6 weighs 435 kg more than the RS3, it really does mean that the RS3 has really gotten close to the RS6. In regards to power to weight the RS3 is right around 264 hp/tonne, this is in comparison to the 282 of the RS6, as you can see very close, however this is all but specs on a piece of paper and I would still not be convinced, however I did see a video the other day of AutoTopNL comparing a RS3 against a RS7, the RS7 is 10 hp up on the RS6 while weighing 30 kg less, and obviously more aerodynamic, now the RS3 matched the RS7 up to around 215 km\h and from all this I can conclude that the RS3 either matches or is faster than a RS6 up to a certain speed at least, and really for a £45,000 hatch it's getting a bit insane considering that the RS6 is known for shaming a few supercars itself, meaning that the RS3 is capable of the same feat, here is the link to the video: 

System ProjectLuX

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Drives:

Audio: 

6 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Where are all the 02 sensors on a 2000 gmc sierra 1500 5.3 ?

There is one directly after each manifold and then one directly after the catalytic converter (if the exhaust is original).

@bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC