Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, NerdModeEngaged said:

That is the pre face lifted version, the new one is lighter and much more powerful, seemingly more powerful than audi lets on

It still gets its ass handed to it, its 248hp/ton vs just over 300hp/ton for a performance or 280hp/ton for a non performance, the 3 is nowhere close.

As stated before the RS3 still uses a haldex system and is predominantly FWD whereas the RS6 uses a proper quattro system, they might be close to 60 but thats it in terms of outright speed, RS6 wins all day every day

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

So I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic DX two door as a beater car. Not sure if I want to mod it or not. Least it's stick shift.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

4 hours ago, Rappalores said:

can you give examples?

Toyota Corolla, Toyota Hilux, Toyota anything. 

7 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

So I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic DX two door as a beater car. Not sure if I want to mod it or not. Least it's stick shift.

Its a pretty good beginner car if you are into modding. I wouldn't put too much into it tbh but you certainly see some interesting stuff. 

40 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Toyota Corolla, Toyota Hilux, Toyota anything. 

Its a pretty good beginner car if you are into modding. I wouldn't put too much into it tbh but you certainly see some interesting stuff. 

It's my daily beater I have a 2015 ecoboost and a 2012 GTI as my weekend cars. eh ecoboost has a roush intake the GTI has a Cobb big intake, beluga 3" downpipe, apr catch can, R8 coils, Borla Catback, HPA intake manifold, Cobb access-port with stage 2 protune. Not really a bigger with modding just at a los what to do to it since its just a beater car. Not sure what I want to do first. May just respray it first paint is shit on it and I have all the tools to do it. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

8 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

well, school + working construction + winter in MN + having no money because screw student loans + not wanting to pay for car washes = a dirty car. :/ 

9 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

We are now mortal enemies. >:(

$1 at the coin carwash is all thats really needed, maybe $2 at the coin carwash if the vehicle is really dirty. Anything more and the carwash has really limited time or more practice is required to get the art of a quick coin carwash down to a fine art.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:10 PM, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's my daily beater I have a 2015 ecoboost and a 2012 GTI as my weekend cars. eh ecoboost has a roush intake the GTI has a Cobb big intake, beluga 3" downpipe, apr catch can, R8 coils, Borla Catback, HPA intake manifold, Cobb access-port with stage 2 protune. Not really a bigger with modding just at a los what to do to it since its just a beater car. Not sure what I want to do first. May just respray it first paint is shit on it and I have all the tools to do it. 

Like I mean theres a lot of parts etc cause its a Honda but not much to do to increase performance. It's still a 109hp motor. You might want to consider putting in the D16y8, which is the same engine, but with VTEC. Gets around 123HP if I remember. If its making around that power then its not really worth it to install any performance mods tbh. You can get a turbo kit easily enough tho. 

They do look pretty nice lowered with nice rims though plus a good paint job. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Like I mean theres a lot of parts etc cause its a Honda but not much to do to increase performance. It's still a 109hp motor. You might want to consider putting in the D16y8, which is the same engine, but with VTEC. Gets around 123HP if I remember. If its making around that power then its not really worth it to install any performance mods tbh. You can get a turbo kit easily enough tho. 

They do look pretty nice lowered with nice rims though plus a good paint job. 

I think I just going to do suspension/intake and exhaust for sound. Other than that your right not much I can do to it

9 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Are you sure it was hers and not just an excuse from one of the parents to buy a new car? That has happened in the year of someone I know, father bought a £80K 911 (if I remember correctly), claimed he bought it for his daughter, daughter not even insured to drive xD

Oh no, those two were distinctly hers, the parents already had other expensive and new cars... 

8 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Anyone written the euology for Ford sedans yet? ?

No clue what that is but I have a Ford Mondeo from - 99 if that counts for anything :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 4/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, MadyTehWolfie said:

I think I just going to do suspension/intake and exhaust for sound. Other than that your right not much I can do to it

Theres bolt-on turbo kits you should get if you are going to put an exhaust in tbh. Need both sounds for it to sound good. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Theres bolt-on turbo kits you should get if you are going to put an exhaust in tbh. Need both sounds for it to sound good. 

N/A screamer over turbo imho

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

4 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

N/A screamer over turbo imho

It's a 1.6L V4 it's not going to sound too good on its own :S

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I was under the impression civics had inline 4s ?

And with some exhaust work , maybe open up the intake for some induction noise .. itl sound just right for the power it makes

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

28 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

23 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

I was under the impression civics had inline 4s ?

And with some exhaust work , maybe open up the intake for some induction noise .. itl sound just right for the power it makes

Inline 4. V4's were only used on old Lancias.

What Dingle said. A decent exhaust, some more induction noise, and you are good to go.

If I get an inline 4, that's what I'll do.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I miss having a civic. Its one of the most fun lawnmowers to drive, that ive ever had.

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Nope.

TR250, says so on the bonnet

That's a detuned versoin of the TR4 just for you lot ...Rhahaha

Pete

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Inline 4. V4's were only used on old Lancias.

What Dingle said. A decent exhaust, some more induction noise, and you are good to go.

If I get an inline 4, that's what I'll do.

this also had a V4

1920px-1972_Saab_96_V4_1.5.jpg

also this 

1920px-Putin_with_his_1972_Zaporozhets.j

and things like these 2 

RSV4-RF-image1.jpg

2018-ducati-panigale-v4-static-right-sta

:P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

kDdMToG_K23FMl7FW2qaoQ2j2uhNgu1DzwflK6_n

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, 711jrp said:

That's a detuned versoin of the TR4 just for you lot ...Rhahaha

image.png.80ae601b64383570ff6e7e02eb62bbee.png

85d.png.6ffd9c7ea3325073b7838d834af4146b.png

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

this also had a V4

also this 

:P 

Ok, sorry, Mr. knowledge :P

gpDUYVgGL161K2KGWbyadiV5mDecSR6FK9srWeEB

Folding@Home | BOINC