Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Is this truck friendly? I gotta 5.3 vortec, which is basically the LS you probably all swapped.

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Those Clios are great track toys, But very limited in tuning unless yuo drop in serious bucks but in terms of Fun, they are right up there with the best of them

The same goes for most N/A cars tbf

Plans at the minute are a new exhaust, panel filter, shocks and springs and some wind deflectors.

Possibly new wheels and cammed in the future

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, mame91995 said:

My daily driver, as reliable as a car can get, never lets me down

IMG_20180203_094815.jpg.f9689b7551227c3d026bb37a3cb29df7.jpg

it's a 1992 VW Golf MK3 1.8 66kW Automatic

Color is Windsor Blue Pearl Metallic

I had a 2000 honda civic, no vtec but that thing got me across the states with a leaky oilpan. 

1 minute ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I had a 2000 honda civic, no vtec but that thing got me across the states with a leaky oilpan. 

Not bad, they are indeed  reliable cars, unfortunately most of those Civics are fucked up by a certain kind of people

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

11 minutes ago, mame91995 said:

Not bad, they are indeed  reliable cars, unfortunately most of those Civics are fucked up by a certain kind of people

LTT crew fits. My interior was superb when i got it, cleanest civic i had ever seen. The outside was dented up though.

3 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Is this truck friendly? I gotta 5.3 vortec, which is basically the LS you probably all swapped.

Naw, there seems to be some people that don't understand it. :P

What year/model?

Short shifter (arm, plate and bushings) installed. 44% shorter throws, 1" shorter height. Might have to adjust it a bit more but otherwise so far I'm loving the way it pops into gears 

20180421_160746.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

6 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

we don't mind. you and @vinyldash303 should get along well for sure.

Though I don't really care for trucks too much myself.. more of just a utility type thing to me and that's about it... don't understand anything beyond that

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Saw that too. Mind fuck is real.

R33 shooting brake anyone?

skyline-r33-gtr-wagon_2.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

IMG_0090.JPG.2b1d6fd7a74d76d9a2627c63ce9af4d8.JPGIMG_0091.JPG.130ea288ca6ddd764e9fc46d09f78d75.JPGIMG_0092.JPG.ab98931c94ef7976a1698b392f96bc54.JPG

Definitely truck friendly.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Naw, there seems to be some people that don't understand it. :P

What year/model?

New body style 2000 sierra 1500 5.3.

would say a 2000 4x4 dualie long box crew cab with the tow package and a 7.3 with 40k miles and no rust, but that burned up in a fire..... sadly FB_IMG_1524499777976.jpg.a3407a581d1cc3f6862751c19443e08d.jpg

8 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Saw that too. Mind fuck is real.

R33 shooting brake anyone?

its so weird that i like it :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

46 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

New body style 2000 sierra 1500 5.3.

would say a 2000 4x4 dualie long box crew cab with the tow package and a 7.3 with 40k miles and no rust, but that burned up in a fire..... sadly FB_IMG_1524499777976.jpg.a3407a581d1cc3f6862751c19443e08d.jpg

Oh my word, was it structure fire that caught the truck on fire, or vice-versa?

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Oh my word, was it structure fire that caught the truck on fire, or vice-versa?

Garage caught the truck on fire. Wont find another one like that in michigan. 

Garage caught the truck on fire. Wont find another one like that in michigan. 

I'm really sorry about that. Ya, rust free in Michigan is kind of on the more, let's say, difficult side correct?

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I'm really sorry about that. Ya, rust free in Michigan is kind of on the more, let's say, difficult side correct?

That old, near Impossible. Not that they arent around, they just come from down south. 

This one was barn stored every winter, got it with a big new camper, with the 5th wheel hitch for 14,000 which was a steal.

Just now, Kamjam21xx said:

That old, near Impossible. Not that they arent around, they just come from down south. 

This one was barn stored every winter, got it with a big new camper, with the 5th wheel hitch for 14,000 which was a steal.

If I lived in the northlands I'd be garaging and climate controlling my trucks lol. I've lucked out with all of mine being 100% rust free.

That wax definitely a good deal. I bough my 05 duramax for 17.5 with only 65k miles back in 2012. It has been amazing by how much the value of trucks has skyrocketed.

8 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

If I lived in the northlands I'd be garaging and climate controlling my trucks lol. I've lucked out with all of mine being 100% rust free.

That wax definitely a good deal. I bough my 05 duramax for 17.5 with only 65k miles back in 2012. It has been amazing by how much the value of trucks has skyrocketed.

My buddy has an 05 2500HD we are rebuilding the transfer case on today, he finally killed it after pulling me out of some trails.

He claims to get really good fuel economy on the highway with a tuner and oversized tires at 65mph.

And ikr, im looking for a truck to replace this 1500 and dont know what to buy. Friends trying to talk me into an 05 duramax to match his lol

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hello! The Tahoe I'm trying to cop has one of those. If I wind up snagging it, I promise you it'll get some suspension mods :P 

When i get a new truck... i want to cut the fenders out, remove the bed, fit way bigger tires on, and give it a long travel suspension kit. 

Turn this thing into a cheap trophy truck lol

When i get a new truck... i want to cut the fenders out, remove the bed, fit way bigger tires on, and give it a long travel suspension kit. 

Turn this thing into a cheap trophy truck lol

needs more tube frame

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

needs more tube frame

Idk how to do that stuff, id have to learn. I just want to get it ready to trick a trail sticker on it and rip around some of these awesome trails we got.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I've done some research on the air ride stuff. I'd delete that, get some Strutmasters replacement struts that run some Eibach springs, put some Bilstein 5100s in those, and get some Belltech sways. 

Not suspension wise, I'd love to so a very basic cam, and something completely ridiculous like a Megasquirt and some fancy valvetrain stuff.

I like the Duramax trucks. How they run IFS. Isuzu did a good job with them. I don't know why you don't see them hotshotting like you do the Powerstrokes and Cummins. I've heard that workhorse wise they just aren't as tough. For most people though, they're perfect.

7.3 f350 was hauling 30ft boats no problem, i really liked the motor.

All that makes me jusy want to trade someone for a jeep, like an XJ. Im attached to sierra though.