Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I miss having a civic. Its one of the most fun lawnmowers to drive, that ive ever had.

must do: modify riding-lawnmower blades to civic; cut lawn with civic.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

On the exhaust pipe. 

Im just blind.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

How many were there? 4?

4, cleaned them all with seafoam and gas in a cup. My truck idles smooth now. 

However my check engine light is still on. Probably the evap thing.

Edit: they sure didnt want to come out, i think 1 more year of sitting and id have to break them to get them out.

10 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Theres bolt-on turbo kits you should get if you are going to put an exhaust in tbh. Need both sounds for it to sound good. 

It has 180k miles and even new it would probably just throw a rod through the block lol 

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

It's a 1.6L V4 it's not going to sound too good on its own :S

It'll never truely sound good it's a Honda, however if it had the Y8 head or the B20b it would at least sound better.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

New addition to the fleet 

JPEG_20180427_122204.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The S10 i’ve got is on the origonal O2 sensors except the post-cat one. That one lemme tell you was in so tight i had to use my foot on the wrench because i didnt have any penetrating oil. 

Ahhh s10. My buddy had one we worked on here and there. We were in the trails and thought we were just hitting a hole...

Well it was the thaw and everything was wet, so it still looked like a hole. He crossed a freaking river lol. Rod shot through the motor 3 days later.

12 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Recent purchase.

Have yet to decide if I want to get a set of 1.6 ratio full roller rockers.

We're gonna need some highway pulls when you're done.

28 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

We're gonna need some highway pulls when you're done.

I will do, problem is I still have the factory limit of 99 lol. Last I had it on a dyno, it was 390HP @ 4000 and 495lb/ft @ 3700 to the wheels.

10 hours ago, Mr.Dingle said:

I was under the impression civics had inline 4s ?

And with some exhaust work , maybe open up the intake for some induction noise .. itl sound just right for the power it makes

I'm not an expert I just meant 4 cylinders sorry. Still doesn't sound good to me but everyone has their tastes. 

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

New addition to the fleet 

JPEG_20180427_122204.jpg

An you can be sure the lot attendants did burn outs and rev'd the shit out of it all while the engine was ice cold. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

An you can be sure the lot attendants did burn outs and rev'd the shit out of it all while the engine was ice cold. 

Why would you say that

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Why would you say that

I work at a dealership and know how sales lot attendants drive the cars. We've had people take brand new cars and red line them while still cold and drift cars in the snow lol

10 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I work at a dealership and know how sales lot attendants drive the cars. We've had people take brand new cars and red line them while still cold and drift cars in the snow lol

When I was in high school the dealership I worked at (GM) had backed a brand new, roughly 60,000 truck, into a pillar and drug it down the side of the truck and pulled the door against the front fender. They sent it into their body shop and replaced the door, front fender, sanded down and repainted the truck and then put it back out on the lot and sold it... as new.

22 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Small family run dealership that's been around since the 50s. Highly doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

When I was in high school the dealership I worked at (GM) had backed a brand new, roughly 60,000 truck, into a pillar and drug it down the side of the truck and pulled the door against the front fender. They sent it into their body shop and replaced the door, front fender, sanded down and repainted the truck and then put it back out on the lot and sold it... as new.

---___---

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Small family run dealership that's been around since the 50s. Highly doubt it. 

Dealership I work at has been around since the early 1990's it happens everywhere. Smaller places tend to cut as much if not more corners then the bigger establishments 

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Guy popped a customer's tire and fucked up their bumper when it came into service. We replaced the tire and the body work and gave it back to them, without them noticing.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Guy popped a customer's tire and fucked up their bumper when it came into service. We replaced the tire and the body work and gave it back to them, without them noticing.

Wow.

37 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Wow.

Yup, like I said don't be so worried about waiting for the car to warm up. It's probably seen cold start burnouts lol

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yup, like I said don't be so worried about waiting for the car to warm up. It's probably seen cold start burnouts lol

Well I will, since I am the one who put the motor in and rebuilt the transmission. However, this explains why Enterprise is so willing to pick you up.

10 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Well I will, since I am the one who put the motor in and rebuilt the transmission. However, this explains why Enterprise is so willing to pick you up.

I think I'm just going to intentially rice out my civic for the lol's. Just ordered a DNA full exhaust and intake. Lol it's going to be an eBay special car.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I think I'm just going to intentially rice out my civic for the lol's. Just ordered a DNA full exhaust and intake. Lol it's going to be an eBay special car.

Going full Underground is a must. Top Fuel drag wing should be the first purchase.

@warmmilk https://trackdogracing.com/rotrex.aspx

Found a good alternative I think to the kraftwerkes

Spoiler

After a long time of rest, just realized the "follow" button. Must've missed a lot of replies >_<

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold