Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I liked the looks of the one at the show better.

What was the difference? Both were white weren't they or was it just the decal from the stealership?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

@wolfgang, it's an electronicly raising spoiler.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

@wolfgang, it's an electronicly raising spoiler.

Derp. I pictured it differently in my head for whatever reason. Even though I had the photos right in front of my face.

Blarg

iDK I don't really like the RS5 and the M4....

It's the long  coupe thing

Audi does have some great styling though.

System: Thinkpad T460

iDK I don't really like the RS5 and the M4....

It's the long  coupe thing

Me too! I would much rather get an BMW M2 or an M3. The C63 AMG is a nice looking car as well. I do like the Audi RS6 though. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Hey guys, me again.Could you list me cars similar to the Merc E Coupe? Trying to find a list of luxury coupes similiar to the E coupe.

Thanks,

@techswede

So the Audi is out of the shop.. AGAIN. Turns out they forgot to bolt on the tranny correctly, so it just ended up eating itself alive when it was driven. 

They paid for a new tranny and replacement. IDK how good of a tranny they bought though. The one we bought and originally had them swapped was almost brand new. 30k miles. Too bad they screwed it up. Didn't even bother asking them about the one they put in... was so done with them and all their shit. Worst mechanic shop ever. I'm just praying they put this one in correctly. 

Good God is the car quick though. Did 95mph casually on the highway.. didnt even notice I was going that fast. xD

Usually my Infiniti starts shaking at ~65, so I know when to stop/slow down, but the C5 is hella smooth. Good thing I caught myself, because Vail/Beaver Creek is INFESTED with cops right now....  :D

Still like our Bimmers more though, sorry @ZacDaMan72 :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Still like our Bimmers more though, sorry @ZacDaMan72 :P

sywht1.gif

Me too! I would much rather get an BMW M2 or an M3. The C63 AMG is a nice looking car as well. I do like the Audi RS6 though. 

I like a CLS 63 AMG instead. With some STR matte black rims.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

attachicon.gifGolf.jpg (VW GOLF 3, the second best thing ever)

mk3's are the best thing ever  :D

16524504991_be5de1949d_c.jpg

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

So, I finished watching the latest Mythbusters episode on my DVR, and damn, was it good. Especially since it was devoted to drifting, my most favorite motorsport racing type. Surprised how hard it actually looks. I thought it would be easy, but it's just really complicated.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, I finished watching the latest Mythbusters episode on my DVR, and damn, was it good. Especially since it was devoted to drifting, my most favorite motorsport racing type. Surprised how hard it actually looks. I thought it would be easy, but it's just really complicated.

How hard it looks or how hard it actually is? Because it's not *that* hard.

How hard it looks or how hard it actually is? Because it's not *that* hard.

It looks hard, and plus, you have to balance clutch, gas, brake, and e-brake without spinning out.

It looks hard, and plus, you have to balance clutch, gas, brake, and e-brake without spinning out.

The car doesn't have enough torque if you need to do that. Just sayin'..

its actually not too difficult as long as you have a car that has a limited slip/welded diff and enough power to keep the wheels spinning. The thing that gets most people when they start is the need to use the throttle adjust angle.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

its actually not too difficult as long as you have a car that has a limited slip or welded diff and enough power to keep the wheels spinning. The thing that gets most people when they start is the need to use the throttle adjust angle.

Yeah, once you get going it's not hard to keep it unless you get too much traction or your slide off course.

The car doesn't have enough torque if you need to do that. Just sayin'..

But it is a good starter drift car. Tack on a few performance mods, like turbo, better cams, LS or welded diff, and it should be good. Besides, it already had a good power to weight ratio, no abs, and it was rwd, so it already had the prerequisites.

And have a feel for the steering and the gas to have a controlled drift along with keeping revs up.

It takes a lot of skills to do it the smooth flawless way the professionals do it. Powersliding isn't hard but true drifting is all finesse.

System: Thinkpad T460

But it is a good starter drift car. Tack on a few performance mods, like turbo, better cams, LS or welded diff, and it should be good. Besides, it already had a good power to weight ratio, no abs, and it was rwd, so it already had the prerequisites.

Don't know which car you're talking about to begin with.

And have a feel for the steering and the gas to have a controlled drift along with keeping revs up.

It takes a lot of skills to do it the smooth flawless way the professionals do it. Powersliding isn't hard but true drifting is all finesse.

Yeah, the powersliding i can do (i do that a lot in street legal racing redline), but keeping that momentum can be a bit tricky.

Don't know which car you're talking about to begin with.

1991 Nissan 240SX. Do you know I"m talking about the latest Mythbusters episode?

1991 Nissan 240SX. Do you know I"m talking about the latest Mythbusters episode?

Yes, I just didn't know what they used in the episode.

Yes, I just didn't know what they used in the episode.

If you were a true JDM enthusiast, then you would know.

If you were a true JDM enthusiast, then you would know.

I'm not? I actually dislike JDMs.