Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I guess it's mostly a swedish thing then. Around here they are the cars you get when there is nothing else available.

Well, duh, it's a Swedish made car. Of course Swedes would drive it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Then real American people suck. More JDM cars should be driven here than stupid american cars.

Where would a Civic Si fall under?

I don't really remember, it was a couple of months ago. Nevertheless, most Asian cars were in the least preferred cars. The first places were the German ones, headed by BMW at 1st place and also the British and Italian like Ferrari and Lamborghini. The American ones were mostly in the middle, with only Corvette being a bit more in the front.

The thing about the article is that it is not focused on performance vehicles, but cars in general. You know that most people in America that have a Honda are probably not driving an S2000, but a minivan or an Accord. The same goes for Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc. While BMW, Mercedes, Mini, etc generally have a smaller and more exclusive line up, which consists of premium luxury cars. These might not be performance vehicles, but a are more of a status symbol. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I don't really remember, it was a couple of months ago. Nevertheless, most Asian cars were in the least preferred cars. The first places were the German ones, headed by BMW at 1st place and also the British and Italian like Ferrari and Lamborghini. The American ones were mostly in the middle, with only Corvette being a bit more in the front.

The thing about the article is that it is not focused on performance vehicles, but cars in general. You know that most people in America that have a Honda are probably not driving an S2000, but a minivan or an Accord. The same goes for Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc. While BMW, Mercedes, Mini, etc generally have a smaller and more exclusive line up, which consists of premium luxury cars. These might not be performance vehicles, but a are more of a status symbol. 

Wow, they're probably biased. I mean, they're just judging normal JDM cars. Not all JDM american fans own normal Legacys, Imprezas, Lancers, etc. They don't factor in the fact some JDM people in America drive nice cars like an EVO or an STi or a FR-S.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, duh, it's a Swedish made car. Of course Swedes would drive it.

There is a huge part of the car enthusiasts in sweden that don't like volvos.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The oil sump on the VR6 has kissed the road...

quite hard...

and...

now it leaks...

quite much...

so yea... probably have to get a new sump, and crank seal because that leaks too.....

bye bye February paycheck   

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

The oil sump on the VR6 has kissed the road...

quite hard...

and...

now it leaks...

quite much...

so yea... probably have to get a new sump, and crank seal because that leaks too.....

bye bye February paycheck   

What did you manage to do?

What did you manage to do?

destroy a sump...  :rolleyes:

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

destroy a sump...  :rolleyes:

No, i meant how did you manage to kiss the road?

No, i meant how did you manage to kiss the road?

there was a kinda big hole.... and the VR6 is kinda low...

there was a kinda big hole.... and the VR6 is kinda low...

So a pothole basically?

So a pothole basically?

Yes.. pretty nasty one, had to race home before the oil ran out :D

My Mom's car

post-31974-0-45087800-1423944282.jpg (Opel Corsa 2011)

My Mom's previous car (First letter in caps on the word Mom d3rp)

post-31974-0-01942300-1423944370.jpg (VW GOLF 3, the second best thing ever)

My bro's car which he shares with his dad (he's my dad too d3rp)

post-31974-0-61505500-1423944487.jpg (VW Passat 2004, my dream car, fuck everything, I would drive this every day)

My second dad's car which he is selling because obviously we have too much cars (d3rp again)

post-31974-0-02843700-1423944629.jpg (VW Touareg 2004 Diesel OCT modded V10, I love it, still would take that than anything else)

My Cousin's car which my brother uses every second month

post-31974-0-71813800-1423944754.jpg (VW EOS)

One thing established, VW's are awesome friggin cars!

My mom says she will give me the Opel when I grow up, by then I think it should be a 7 year old car? (I'm too bored to count, I'm 12 so calculate for yourselves) But I think I will just get a big polished dump.

post-31974-0-45087800-1423944282.jpg

post-31974-0-01942300-1423944370.jpg

post-31974-0-61505500-1423944487.jpg

post-31974-0-02843700-1423944629.jpg

post-31974-0-71813800-1423944754.jpg

Wow, they're probably biased. I mean, they're just judging normal JDM cars. Not all JDM american fans own normal Legacys, Imprezas, Lancers, etc. They don't factor in the fact some JDM people in America drive nice cars like an EVO or an STi or a FR-S.

From what I have seen, Evo's and Sti's aren't really big hitters in those tests. They have the sort of racer boy image. Not the sophisticated image of a BMW or Merc.

That's hardly a bias it they are just going by brand names. Models would be way too broad of a sample.

System: Thinkpad T460

From what I have seen, Evo's and Sti's aren't really big hitters in those tests. They have the sort of racer boy image. Not the sophisticated image of a BMW or Merc.

That's hardly a bias it they are just going by brand names. Models would be way too broad of a sample.

Then what about Lexus? They should place high up with the Mercs and Beemers.

It probably did.

It probably did.

It probably did.

It should, since it's a refined luxury car.

And a teaser for the next part.

I LOVE the RS5.

14554182988_6c54de437c_b.jpg

14554328067_4a2e76201e_b.jpg

14553399539_9f513ecccc_b.jpg

To the Kiwis out there, you's going to Speedshow 2015?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Lexus is nice, but it's really the brand and/or the fact that it's a Jap company, so it may be compared to your Nissan Bluebirds and shit.

EDIT: I'd rather have a MB C-Class though.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Lexus is nice, but it's really the brand and/or the fact that it's a Jap company, so it may be compared to your Nissan Bluebirds and shit.

Nah

I'd compare an IS to a 3 series. Most people probably don't know it's even Japanese.

Nah

I'd compare an IS to a 3 series. Most people probably don't know it's even Japanese.

Yeah, the IS is the 3xx's competitor.

Nah

Nah

It's just a Toyota with a different badge, it ain't going to get you laid women are clever to know that. lol  

Pete

Nah

It's just a Toyota with a different badge, it ain't going to get you laid women are clever to know that. lol

Hardly a rebadged Toyota.

I guess it depends

I LOVE the RS5.

To the Kiwis out there, you's going to Speedshow 2015?

I liked the looks of the one at the show better.

Blarg