Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Starting the slide is easy in most RWD cars with no/defeatable traction control. It's keeping it tidy throughout the course that needs skill. A car that responds consistently is definitely a big help.

Throttle driving helps too.

The current Lexus models are no longer rebadge jobs as Lexus is now a global brand. In the past, Toyota had luxury vehicles branded as Toyota in Asia and badged as Lexus models in North America and Europe (like how Infiniti is). Nowadays, we have Lexus badges everywhere for the luxury products and Toyota for the mainstream products (and some luxury models that sell well under the Toyota badge). Scion is purely for North America at this point though.

So long as they're built by Toyota still then we're still good :)

Thinking about Toyota, I want one of these when I eventually move to Australia. You could piledrive her through a wall and she'd love it :D

Toyota_Landcruiser_Bullbar_&_Brushrails.

Toyota_-_Tray,_Bullbar_&_Double_Brushrai

I would have mine black with black steel wheels, she would look sweet :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Did you guys miss me? :D

I like Toyota..

toyota-starlet-13.jpg

101492373.KT4Ga8O8.2.jpg

ee812834a8bd6406b00cc4664024863a.jpg

IMG_9958_1Rww_1.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg

^^ all the bosozoku

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I like Toyota..

The cressida reminds me of this one from rudskogen

gatebil-rudskogen-september-by-night-165

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Only Toyota I'd buy:

ToyotaFJCruiser_L.jpg

I'd take an FJ, but one like this

ICON_FJ40_Baja_1.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I'd take an FJ, but one like this

The new ones are a lot more comfortable, and they're pretty damn good at going on trails too.

I like Toyota..

Who doesn't love Toyota? They've broke the record for the best selling car with the Corolla, and now it's a household name.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Who doesn't love Toyota? They've broke the record for the best selling car with the Corolla, and now it's a household name.

*raises hand*

*raises hand*

Dude come on, they're reliable as shit. And also indestructible, as tested on Top Gear with the HIlux (or Pickup if you're American.)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Dude come on, they're reliable as shit. And also indestructible, as tested on Top Gear with the HIlux (or Pickup if you're American.)

I don't like the interiors all that much. :/

I don't like the interiors all that much. :/

Dude, if you're buying a Toyota, you buy for the reliability, not really comfort. And really, you don't like the interior of the Avalon?

Dude, if you're buying a Toyota, you buy for the reliability, not really comfort. And really, you don't like the interior of the Avalon?

It just seems a bit.... strange... Like someone did weird molded playdoh to the dash.

A Land Rover might go anywhere, but a Land Cruiser will never break down.

Uhhh.... :D I dunno about that...

So long as they're built by Toyota still then we're still good :)

Thinking about Toyota, I want one of these when I eventually move to Australia. You could piledrive her through a wall and she'd love it :D

I would have mine black with black steel wheels, she would look sweet :)

I like the Amarok more :)

Volkswagen-Amarok-Canyon-1.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Uhhh.... :D I dunno about that...

They're as tough as any other truck.

Regular maintenance and they will run forever. 

There's a reason Land Cruisers are used all over the world in some of the toughest conditions.

System: Thinkpad T460

Good guy Bugeye (rhyming accidentally :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxgVxUFcKo

If that were me I would have been drifting circles around the cop

There's a reason Land Cruisers are used all over the world in some of the toughest conditions.

Especially Top Gear's Patagonia Special. The only reason the Land Cruiser didn't survive was because of operator error. If Hammond did the right thing, it would still be alive. It's super mechanically simple, a cat can fix it.

Especially Top Gear's Patagonia Special. The only reason the Land Cruiser didn't survive was because of operator error. If Hammond did the right thing, it would still be alive. It's super mechanically simple, a cat can fix it.

You mean Bolivia?

That was just very poorly taken care of and chopped up.

If you give any vehicle to anyone they can either make it last a lifetime (given it wasn't a POS with terrible parts to begin with) or kill it in a month.

Good guy Bugeye (rhyming accidentally :D)

If that were me I would have been drifting circles around the cop

Funny but the YouTube comments are true.

Police profile WRX's like crazy.

If you give any vehicle to anyone they can either make it last a lifetime (given it wasn't a POS with terrible parts to begin with) or kill it in a month.

So you are invalidating build quality?

Electrical failure and mechanical failure has a lot to do with reliability from the manufacturer, not just maintenance.

So you are invalidating build quality?

Electrical failure and mechanical failure has a lot to do with reliability from the manufacturer, not just maintenance.

There's always the chance of normal wear and use causing it to break down.

20150216_092023_HDR-zB4QT2lO.1424086846.

My car currently 

2000 BMW 328i (EX Demo) so it has a sport pack with lover suspension,stiffer suspension and other visual features such as rounded fog lights instead of rectangle ones and halo ring lights

my dad gave me this car he brought it when it was new and since it was an ex demo it was fully speced out i love this car and always will.

My dream car would be a chevrolet camaro zl1 or a vette c7