I think my airpods got stolen

So I broke up with my gf recently. I had my airpods and I lend them to her sometimes. When I first got them she paired them to HER phone first, and after that, I paired them to mine. 

So we used to see each other locations through the ”find my” on apple. It has list of my own phone, my airpods and it USED to have her phone, but she turned the location sharing off. When we broke up, she had my airpods on her and I asked today if she has them. She said she ”lost” them and cant find it. Im expecting that she stole them and told that as an excuse.

I still have my airpods in ”find my” but it says gps is not on right now. Can she turn off the location off for them, or does the airpods turn off location sharing at same time because she stopped it too? Or are they just out of power rn?

Just like all of your hoodies that she "borrowed", those airpods are hers now.  Let it go.

7 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Just like all of your hoodies that she "borrowed", those airpods are hers now.  Let it go.

Yes ive accepted it, but, wouldnt it show me the location of the airpods? It just says signal off or something like that. Next time she uses them I could see them right?

Just now, Premoz1 said:

Yes ive accepted it, but, wouldnt it show me the location of the airpods? It just says signal off or something like that. Next time she uses them I could see them right?

I wouldn't know.  I don't use Apple stuff.

49 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

It probably won't show you anything if she isn't sharing location data with you anymore.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

She's doing you a favour, for the love of hygiene please don't share earbuds, that's disgusting.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

She's doing you a favour, for the love of hygiene please don't share earbuds, that's disgusting.

but the point is not this, I just want to know do they share location if she turns them on

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252461197?sortBy=best

No you will not be able to do that.

AirPods do not have any GPS capability built into them. The way find my works is recording the last place the AirPods were used by you when they lost contact with the device they were linked to. If someone finds them and links them to their device only they will be able to find them via the Find My app.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

16 hours ago, Erioch said:

You're not trying to stalker her, are you?

Bro I just told you I want to know if she stole them

18 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You know there is the ability to clean and disinfect them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You know there is the ability to clean and disinfect them.

Including the hole where the speaker is that is most likely to collect earwax?  Without damaging it?  I kinda doubt it.

21 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Including the hole where the speaker is that is most likely to collect earwax?  Without damaging it?  I kinda doubt it.

Depends on the earbuds, especially using Airpods. Besides, is it even an issue at that point? From what I can tell, cleaning Airpods is a non-issue. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

7 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Depends on the earbuds, especially using Airpods. Besides, is it even an issue at that point? From what I can tell, cleaning Airpods is a non-issue. 

As someone who easily gets ear infections even without sharing with other people then it definitely is.

The thing is even if you sanitise, wax can get stuck deep inside where its pretty much impossible to be 100% sure you cleaned it out, then it can fall out on its own.  Plus a lot of people don't sanitise which is even worse.

It wasn't as much an issue in the past when we didn't have earplug style ones that go deep into the canal.