Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

- snip -

My car currently 

2000 BMW 328i (EX Demo) so it has a sport pack with lover suspension,stiffer suspension and other visual features such as rounded fog lights instead of rectangle ones and halo ring lights

my dad gave me this car he brought it when it was new and since it was an ex demo it was fully speced out i love this car and always will.

My dream car would be a chevrolet camaro zl1 or a vette c7 

404 - no pic here

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

A Land Rover might go anywhere, but a Land Cruiser will never break down.

That is damn sexy, I want one though in a different colour :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Talk about a green gold xD

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

anyone here ever do autocross or track days or anything else? Something I would probably love doing but cant atm lol (dont have the car or the money)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

anyone here ever do autocross or track days or anything else? Something I would probably love doing but cant atm lol (dont have the car or the money)

There have been some open events around here^^ (Autocross) Really fun

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There have been some open events around here^^ (Autocross) Really fun

im more interested in Autocross myself as its much cheaper to do lol. But I dont want to bring my clunker corolla anywhere to do that lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Sure. I have done several track days on motorcycles and several more autocross events in cars. It's a ton of fun but can get very expensive quickly if you start getting into it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

im more interested in Autocross myself as its much cheaper to do lol. But I dont want to bring my clunker corolla anywhere to do that lol

That's what makes it fun xD Trying to see how fast you can get around with your own car   ;)

Going to bring my golf to one in the summer 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You would be surprised. A well set up Autocross course rewards proper driving much more than a well set up car.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You would be surprised. A well set up Autocross course rewards proper driving much more than a well set up car.

youre probably right. There is a place that holds autocross events every weekend about 100 miles away from me for $35.

Might be worth a shot one weekend when I have some extra money.

Spoiler

youre probably right. There is a place that holds autocross events every weekend about 100 miles away from me for $35.

Might be worth a shot one weekend when I have some extra money.

I have been meaning to hit a local one for a while now. Just never remember.

Blarg

You know your car is low when your sump plug looks like this

16524756786_7fa4087080_b.jpg

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

There's always the chance of normal wear and use causing it to break down.

That's a given for any car in the world though. And some handle that better than others.

Cars driven by normal people either break down cus of poor build quality from the manufacturer or bad maintenance mostly.

System: Thinkpad T460

I have been meaning to hit a local one for a while now. Just never remember.

I wish there was a more local one around here. I would probably have gone already. This is Louisiana. There isnt much auto stuff around here. No demand for it.

But the sad thing is if they built an oval for nascar here everyone would be all over it *rolls-eyes*

Gimme a proper road course plz!!

Spoiler

I wish there was a more local one around here. I would probably have gone already. This is Louisiana. There isnt much auto stuff around here. No demand for it.

But the sad thing is if they built an oval for nascar here everyone would be all over it *rolls-eyes*

Gimme a proper road course plz!!

depending on how they build it you may not get a full on road course but something tucked inside the oval.

Blarg

depending on how they build it you may not get a full on road course but something tucked inside the oval.

There is nothing wrong with that, except of course the inherent lack of elevation change.

A road course in the center of a speedway is perfectly valid if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with that, except of course the inherent lack of elevation change.

A road course in the center of a speedway is perfectly valid if you ask me.

yeah i forget that they do that. that isnt so bad. We have a roadcourse here in New Orleans (NOLA Motorsports park)

I want to go there pretty badly. Trouble is its like $300 just to bring your own car for a track day. But luckily I have a friend who knows a few people if you know what I mean.

Also curious, what would be a good, super cheap car to do nothing but track days and autocross with? Preferably a manual transmission and rear wheel drive. Not really concerned about power but ill say >100 hp. unless of course the car is super light

Spoiler

yeah i forget that they do that. that isnt so bad. We have a roadcourse here in New Orleans (NOLA Motorsports park)

I want to go there pretty badly. Trouble is its like $300 just to bring your own car for a track day. But luckily I have a friend who knows a few people if you know what I mean.

Also curious, what would be a good, super cheap car to do nothing but track days and autocross with? Preferably a manual transmission and rear wheel drive. Not really concerned about power but ill say >100 hp. unless of course the car is super light

Track days will always be more expensive than autocross days. Its just about overhead. Autocross can be just as much fun, or even more.

If your looking for a dedicated car for it, the Mazda Miata is pretty much the go to car for autocross, but like I said before, the beautiful part about autocross is that it rewards proper driving much more so than a car. I have seen race shops with $60k+ into Camaro's and mustangs get stomped by joe blow who knows how to drive in a Saturn Ion. 

Track days will always be more expensive than autocross days. Its just about overhead. Autocross can be just as much fun, or even more.

If your looking for a dedicated car for it, the Mazda Miata is pretty much the go to car for autocross, but like I said before, the beautiful part about autocross is that it rewards proper driving much more so than a car. I have seen race shops with $60k+ into Camaro's and mustangs get stomped by joe blow who knows how to drive in a Saturn Ion. 

yeah I understand that. I just dont want to ruin my daily driver doing that lol. Plus a friend of mine wants to get into it and is more willing to spend money than I am lol.

NOLA Motorsports Park really has a great course now that Ive actually looked at it (and I also just learned Indycar is supposed to be on it in April)

Maybe if we can find a Miata or something else for $2K we could have a lot of fun a few times a year. Getting tired of Assetto Corsa, want to do the real thing lol

1280px-NOLA_Motorsports_Park_-_Full_A.jp

Spoiler