Where can I find an LGA 1200 Mini-ITX motherboard? (form factor change)

Budget: $300 CAD

Other details:

Hey all - first time posting here. I'm looking to get an LGA 1200 Mini-ITX motherboard (preferably Z590, but I'm open to other options) so I can put my PC into a smaller case.

Backstory: I built my first PC over three years ago now. It's gone through a few small changes since then (current parts below). Since building it, I've always wanted to get a smaller case, but haven't found one I've loved. I came across the DeepCool CH160 case a few weeks ago and want to retrofit my parts to fit into it. The smaller case is appealing to me instead of my current massive case because my desk space is limited. I think all of my other parts will fit, but I'm having a very hard time finding a Mini-ITX motherboard that will be compatible with my CPU and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. In Canada, I've kept an eye on newegg, amazon.ca, best buy, canada computers, memory express and a few other smaller online spots. I've tried Amazon.com, eBay and others, but I haven't been able to find an affordable option. Does anyone have suggestions?

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black

Motherboard: ASRock Z590 PRO4 LGA 1200
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x 8GB, 3600 MHz)
Storage 1: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 2TB
Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Drive

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600
Monitor 1: Samsung 34" Odyssey G5 Gaming Monitor
Monitor 2: Dell 27 Monitor - S2721DS

Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to make this post, but it seemed to make the most sense from the options.

ITX availability is normally bad when the boards are current, but it is even worse when they're several generations behind.

It might work out easier to get a 12600KF & 1700 board than to continue your search for a 1200 one.

The 12600KF is available fairly cheaply and while not ideal, it should run fine in something 'cheap' like Asus H610I-Plus and the connectivity limitations shouldn't matter with the components you mention except for losing 2 memory sticks, but that'll happen anyway with whatever board you buy.

31 minutes ago, pjewett said:

Budget: $300 CAD

Other details:

Hey all - first time posting here. I'm looking to get an LGA 1200 Mini-ITX motherboard (preferably Z590, but I'm open to other options) so I can put my PC into a smaller case.

Backstory: I built my first PC over three years ago now. It's gone through a few small changes since then (current parts below). Since building it, I've always wanted to get a smaller case, but haven't found one I've loved. I came across the DeepCool CH160 case a few weeks ago and want to retrofit my parts to fit into it. The smaller case is appealing to me instead of my current massive case because my desk space is limited. I think all of my other parts will fit, but I'm having a very hard time finding a Mini-ITX motherboard that will be compatible with my CPU and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. In Canada, I've kept an eye on newegg, amazon.ca, best buy, canada computers, memory express and a few other smaller online spots. I've tried Amazon.com, eBay and others, but I haven't been able to find an affordable option. Does anyone have suggestions?

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black

Motherboard: ASRock Z590 PRO4 LGA 1200
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x 8GB, 3600 MHz)
Storage 1: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 2TB
Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Drive

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600
Monitor 1: Samsung 34" Odyssey G5 Gaming Monitor
Monitor 2: Dell 27 Monitor - S2721DS

Thanks in advance for your help!

Problem with older motherboards is that they don't outlast the CPU, so over time, there's a surplus of CPUs and a lack of motherboards.

Finding one that's worth buying versus a 12600kf and an LGA 1700 DDR4 motherboard is going to be hard, considering you can get both of those for ~$300. Also, the 12600kf beats the 11700k.

Hard to beat $135 USD for a Z690 motherboard... 

ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax LGA 1700 (14th,13th,12th Gen) DDR4 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017