Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

*ahem*

~~~

FYI this is one of the demo cars for NextMod Ottawa, who are known for their NSXs.

#TeamNextMod #ProjectBossBunny

Doesn't have BRE Livery. Argument is invalid

bre%20datsun%20big.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

More rally car! I doubt Vermont SC would bring their STI to Rally of the Tall Pines in November, but if they do I'll be there :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I just realized, today, probably the worst car in history is celebrating it's 35 birthday

YUGOs1_933204S1.jpg

black.pngNew-Toyota-Aygo-2.jpg

Would love to drop a turbo + intercooler (ripped from a Fortuner) into a Wigo

Page 1300

-snip-

The RX7 is too sexy...

There is one car project i've been considering for a while now. A front mounted V6 with rear wheel driveline in one of these

PEUGEOT-RCZ-R-4903_21.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So I've come to the conclusion that a 4BT swap into my s10 would be the greatest thing ever, and those engines are indestructible and take boost super well, but tranny wise it's going to be a bit hard. I was at the dealership yesterday talking with the guys there, and as far as an easy swap, a 350 will bolt right in. Motor mounts, 4L80e tranny, everything. Dunno what direction I really wanna go.

5.3 swap

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

You might be interested in these films. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDgOSpsdkg[youtube/]

(full movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6ET39xtpw[youtube/]

And of course, who can forget this famous film/scene. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0[youtube/]

^^That is by far, one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen.  :wub:

seen bullet but have not seen vanishing point or eat my dust ill check them out 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

One of my favourite youtubers

A fairly interesting solution to a lighting problem

if you like him you should like https://www.youtube.com/user/RideswithChuck

good to see older guys getting into YouTube 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Why?

selling a few to buy a few more he really never keeps most of his cars for very long especially newer ones im not sure what hes buying next but since hes selling his db9 (which was his daily driver) its probably going to be good. 

So it's my understanding that the reason they had to hide emissions was because they were NOT using DEF?

I have a hard time understanding how DEF works anyways. Anyone elaborate? I'm clueless about diesels except basic function (glow plugs heat up air and diesel which causes a lot of pressure to move the Pistons)

How long does DEF last? Is it expensive? Etc.

they had to hide emissions because they were using a cheaper metal in the catalytic converter they way they hid it was recirculating the emissions into an air intake and then exhausting them meaning much less concentration of the harmful fumes and they did this to save about 10 billion dollars but usa fines alone will cost them 18 billion at least 

So we all know that the Nissan ZEOD-RC can just barely recoup enough electricity to do one lap of Le Mans with the engine off, but ever wonder what else that discharge could be used for? Wonder no more, because Toyota has an answer! I'm sure you're all familiar with the TS040 by now, a car that has had... a less than stellar performance in 2015.

As a marketing ploy, they decided to run it on a rolling road and use the electricity that is fed to the supercapacitors (via regenerative braking) to cook up a nice, homey breakfast. Over the 13KM lap of Le Mans, the TS040 generates enough electricity to brew 171.4 cups of coffee, toast 83.3 slices of bread, and fry 57.7 eggs. For those who want to know the maths, that's just over 6,000,000 Joules of energy.

@MEC-777 The TS030 was on display at this year's auto show, ICYMI :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

So we all know that the Nissan ZEOD-RC can just barely recoup enough electricity to do one lap of Le Mans with the engine off, but ever wonder what else that discharge could be used for? Wonder no more, because Toyota has an answer! I'm sure you're all familiar with the TS040 by now, a car that has had... a less than stellar performance in 2015.

As a marketing ploy, they decided to run it on a rolling road and use the electricity that is fed to the supercapacitors (via regenerative braking) to cook up a nice, homey breakfast. Over the 13KM lap of Le Mans, the TS040 generates enough electricity to brew 171.4 cups of coffee, toast 83.3 slices of bread, and fry 57.7 eggs. For those who want to know the maths, that's just over 6,000,000 Joules of energy.

@MEC-777 The TS030 was on display at this year's auto show, ICYMI :)

idk i think there is some marketing bs in that like they should be dead from the exhaust fumes (at least the add is bs maybe the message is true) xD

idk i think there is some marketing bs in that like they should be dead from the exhaust fumes (at least the add is bs maybe the message is true) xD

I know this might sound stupid, because obviously, it's just an ad, but I don't think the front wheels ever turned while the car was in that dyno thing, and the car wasn't even secure... :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I know this might sound stupid, because obviously, it's just an ad, but I don't think the front wheels ever turned while the car was in that dyno thing, and the car wasn't even secure... :P

The TS040 is a 1000ps hybrid, but only half that is sent to the front wheels via the electric motors. With the ERS still connected to the supercapacitors, they could disable the front motors (ergo axle) and instead re-route the electricity to whatever was on those tables. Hence the front wheels dont move, since the V8 primarily outputs power to the rear ^^

You could still apply a slight current to the front motors to essentially lock them in place, or use them as a handbrake. (or there are straps underneath that we can't see)

Folding@Home | BOINC

The TS040 is a 1000ps hybrid, but only half that is sent to the front wheels via the electric motors. With the ERS still connected to the supercapacitors, they could disable the front motors (ergo axle) and instead re-route the electricity to whatever was on those tables. Hence the front wheels dont move, since the V8 primarily outputs power to the rear ^^

You could still apply a slight current to the front motors to essentially lock them in place, or use them as a handbrake. (or there are straps underneath that we can't see)

(RIP my shitty englando, I know :lol:)

Not that way :P

Like this

sports-car-front-wheel-spinning-turning-

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Rebuilt Salvage FRS/BRZ 's seem easy to come by these days...

Why do people crash them so much? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It's a rear-wheel drive, take a guess. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Because factory drift car. :D:P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

dont cost a ton so younger drivers beat on them and drive stupidly with them then end up crashing them 

rE9KrP1.gif

not sure if you saw but i posted that yesterday you can sell the full video :P

This guy bought a rotary without knowing what it was

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ai6Ec

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

not sure if you saw but i posted that yesterday you can sell the full video :P

Didn't see.