Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My absolute dream car i love watanabe wheels. 1970's cars were the best (ignore the fact that this is a 1969 skyline)1.jpg

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

61585443.jpg

COMPOUNDTT.JPG

if i had to pick one i'd go with turbochargers. since my next car will hopefully have two of em

IMG_1600.jpg

I'd choose superchargers because of that amazing. that fucking amazing sound they make, every time i hear a supercharger i get a serious car boner,

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Hey all you car enthusiasts out there I was just wondering if your help me to figure out what this car is and if it's till in production ( cause I wanna buy one ) but are they still in production?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks

Zach

That's not a car that's a vw beetle that's had a dune buggy conversion done to it.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Had that a few days ago. Thankfully its still light and not the mid winter frost that damn near requires a chisel and a hammer to get off..

Yeah, thus far it's only minor. And it can be as simple as parking 100 meters down the street to avoid it, since the sun rays hits those parking spaces first. Either that, or you know, parking in the garage we have. But then I would have to walk all the way down our street.

frost is terrible down here... mostly because it's usually rare and unexpected. We don't keep tools for it lol.

It's usually not thick though so I can get away with hosing the windshield down and wiping it with a towel. 

My parents have ruined many wiper blades from it though...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'm new to this thread here hello  :)  My father just bought a fit as an economy car. He's giving the old accord to my brother after they just did some hubcap replacements that make the car look newer than it is, and did a master cylinder and camber replacement. Its an old 1998 v4. And my mother has a 2002 sienna. I do oil changes and tire rotations but thats about it. Since they are generally modest cars I dont get to see much of the more performance vehicle parts and my dad being the over cautious person wont let me such much of the internal workings or anything. Anyone got some links to some good places to learn more about cars and stuff? Thanks

frost is terrible down here... mostly because it's usually rare and unexpected. We don't keep tools for it lol.

It's usually not thick though so I can get away with hosing the windshield down and wiping it with a towel. 

My parents have ruined many wiper blades from it though...

The most common tool here to remove frost from windscreens is just a simple plastic scraper. Literally just a square piece of plastic. And you can get them for free from a lot of places. And as a massive tip, if you know that you will get frost in morning, or snow for that matter. Then lift up your wipers, saves you a ton of headaches and busted blades.

If you don't do that, then you have to wait for the window to heat up some before you can clean the blades (also something you want to do before heading off).

Here is a test a Swedish magazine did (it's sadly in Swedish) about different scrapers. And the simple plastic square won, with the only downside being that they often have ads on them.

(LInk will be saved as a PDF that can be opened from there)

http://www2.teknikensvarld.se/Handlers/PdfHandler.ashx?id=44523

EricTheCarGuy and Crisfix on YouTube.

Thanks. Will watch when I get home.

Thanks. Will watch when I get home.

SpeedAcademy is a good one as well (totally not biased because theyre local to me, well kind of).

They're two guys who generally have a passion for automotive things and work out of a garage like Mighty Car Mods. They were sponsored by Scion Canada to transform a drift-spec FRS into a tarmac rally car to compete in the Targa Newfoundland 2014. This year they converted the same car from a rally car to a track car to do the Ontario 1500, which is a week long road rally with track days at the 5 major tracks in the province.

They've also turned a beat up S2000 into a certified track weapon, with video and written guides on pretty much everything you can do to that car (some should apply generally to any vehicle). They also have a S14 that is rusted to death that they are bringing back to life.

http://speed.academy/honda-s2000-ap1-introduction/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

SpeedAcademy is a good one as well (totally not biased because theyre local to me, well kind of).

They're two guys who generally have a passion for automotive things and work out of a garage like Mighty Car Mods. They were sponsored by Scion Canada to transform a drift-spec FRS into a tarmac rally car to compete in the Targa Newfoundland 2014. This year they converted the same car from a rally car to a track car to do the Ontario 1500, which is a week long road rally with track days at the 5 major tracks in the province.

They've also turned a beat up S2000 into a certified track weapon, with video and written guides on pretty much everything you can do to that car (some should apply generally to any vehicle). They also have a S14 that is rusted to death that they are bringing back to life.

http://speed.academy/honda-s2000-ap1-introduction/

Cool I'll look at that aswell when I get home.

At school currently and dont feel like putting a vpn on to look at the videos.

Hello all car enthusiasts!

I have a question regarding fiat engines, I have 3 fiat 124ac engines where 2 is complete and one of them is renovated, on two of the engine blocks there's a letter "A" and on the third one a "B" and I would like to know what those letters mean, I have search around the web but I have not found anything related to them. These engines is for a fiat 124 sport coupe 1969 (AC). I was hoping someone here might know.

Best regards Oskar

The one with "B"JNDatk0.jpg

The one with "A"

r035sR7.jpg

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

Hey all you car enthusiasts out there I was just wondering if your help me to figure out what this car is and if it's till in production ( cause I wanna buy one ) but are they still in production?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks

Zach

Looks like a Beetle with extensive mods to make it a buggy. Probably lots of money to make something similar

My absolute dream car i love watanabe wheels. 1970's cars were the best (ignore the fact that this is a 1969 skyline)~~~

Hakos are life

DSC00808.jpg

Watanabe's are really nice, but I also really like the look of TE37v's on Hako's. A nice retro remake of an iconic wheel.

6123873907_bae48c6716_b.jpg

Here's a Yonmeri on Work Equip 01s, to switch things up a bit

4324046902_a0865a7417_o.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

!!!

Not surprised by the outcome really, but still a fun vid. Close race

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks

Zach

thats a Meyers Manx dune buggy or something based off of Manx's design  built on a vw beetle chassis     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyers_Manx

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Someone said something about never havering encounters black ice, techsweed I think, and that because the weather here gets cold enough quick enough that it snows instead of rains, the black ice is formed when supercooled water lands on the asphalt(or anything else) and then freezes, we don't have any black ice here because of snow and any that is formed gets covered with gravel and more snow within hours usually but mainly it doesn't form here

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Apparently, there is a Toyota 2000GT in Portugal. (no pics because I didn't see it)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Someone said something about never havering encounters black ice, techsweed I think, and that because the weather here gets cold enough quick enough that it snows instead of rains, the black ice is formed when supercooled water lands on the asphalt(or anything else) and then freezes, we don't have any black ice here because of snow and any that is formed gets covered with gravel and more snow within hours usually but mainly it doesn't form here

As far as I know. Black ice is commonly formed when it's around 0C in the air, just hot enough for it to not to snow, but where the roadway is below the freezing point. So when the snow/rain hits the roadway it freezes over and becomes a thin layer of ice.

Using salt to remove ice and snow from the roadways can also cause this, since salt only lowers the melting point of the ice. So after a certain point, it too will turn to ice.

Edit: I'm tempted to buy one of these ice scrapers if the frost becomes more bothersome.

http://swedishicescraper.shop.textalk.se/

so the family suburban is ticking again... engine #2 rip? I hope not. 

any suggestions? 

It's an 07 suburban 1500 with the 5.3L flex fuel compatible motor.. 

Our first motor started ticking around 100K miles... then it died at 130K, compression was lost in one of the cylinders. (I was still learning at the time, never was able to diagnose myself so all I know is what my parents know from the stealerchanic)

Refurb/rebuilt motor was put in. Current mileage is 175K or so... already ticking. Ridiculous.

Try adding 1/2 to 1L of this stuff to the oil. This stuff really works wonders on higher mileage engines for reducing oil consumption/loss, and reducing ticking/knocking. My wife had a 94 Accord wagon with almost 500k kms on the original engine which also had a deep knock. Added this stuff with every oil change and it ran like a champ. There was noticeably less knock and almost no oil loss/consumption. I now using it in my golf as well, as a preventative measure and to extend the life of the oil (turbos are hard on oil). :)

http://lucasoil.ca/products/engine-oil-additives/lucas-heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer

01-heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer-22.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

i am a car enthusiast and an aircraft enthusiast. that's why i cant wait till this comes out. i wont have to pay for a car and an aircraft just one! but it will probably be a fail as seen by so many other flying car company's 

and for anyone that doesn't know aircraft maintenance is a bitch it cost a ton of money and you shouldn't do it yourself because well if you screw something up your in a pile on the ground kind of like having a Lamborghini countach or a boat 

and for anyone that doesn't know aircraft maintenance is a bitch it cost a ton of money and you shouldn't do it yourself because well if you screw something up your in a pile on the ground kind of like having a Lamborghini countach or a boat 

i rather die knowing I messed something else over someone else messing something up and me dying for it...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Try adding 1/2 to 1L of this stuff to the oil. This stuff really works wonders on higher mileage engines for reducing oil consumption/loss, and reducing ticking/knocking. My wife had a 94 Accord wagon with almost 500k kms on the original engine which also had a deep knock. Added this stuff with every oil change and it ran like a champ. There was noticeably less knock and almost no oil loss/consumption. I now using it in my golf as well, as a preventative measure and to extend the life of the oil (turbos are hard on oil). :)

http://lucasoil.ca/products/engine-oil-additives/lucas-heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer

-snip-

hmm interesting. Might have to try it. 

This morning I filled the car with 0w-30 and it seems to be doing a little better (might just be because new oil, gosh I love a fresh oil change, so smooth). Won't know till I'm around to hear it cold start though. 

Spoiler

i rather die knowing I messed something else over someone else messing something up and me dying for it...

ya but you need to be certified to work on your own airplane unless you want it classified in the experimental section (most aircraft mechanics know what they are doing and are not like some car mechanics where they are sketchy)