Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

so the family suburban is ticking again... engine #2 rip? I hope not. 

any suggestions? 

It's an 07 suburban 1500 with the 5.3L flex fuel compatible motor.. 

Our first motor started ticking around 100K miles... then it died at 130K, compression was lost in one of the cylinders. (I was still learning at the time, never was able to diagnose myself so all I know is what my parents know from the stealerchanic)

Refurb/rebuilt motor was put in. Current mileage is 175K or so... already ticking. Ridiculous.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

any suggestions? 

Look into a used SUV?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

any suggestions? 

It's an 07 suburban 1500 with the 5.3L flex fuel compatible motor.. 

Our first motor started ticking around 100K miles... then it died at 130K, compression was lost in one of the cylinders.

Refurb/rebuilt motor was put in. Current mileage is 175K or so... already ticking. Ridiculous.

"Flex Fuel"

RIP.

"Flex Fuel"

RIP.

lol we don't even run E85 in it. None around here. Too expensive and too much trouble anyways.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

lol we don't even run E85 in it. None around here. Too expensive and too much trouble anyways.

ya unless you live in the midwest you really cant find e85

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

doesn't change the fact that I am extremely angry at chevy for making such a terrible engine that dies in 100K miles...

Spoiler

I'm trying to convince my dad to get this celiac over a corolla, but he really wants a manual, and they didn't make many of the celica in manual. he wants a corolla. 

Does anyone know the insurance rate difference between the two? I need every single advantage possible to win over my dad.

here's a link if anyone wants to look at it. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5252418619.html

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Indiana, the state basically made of corn :D

(Never realized it was not that common in other areas)

But Ohio does sell racing fuel at most gas stations. There's a weird midwest fact

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

guess im going to try some 0w-30 (almost winter anyway, probably should go one step thinner in all the cars) in the suburban as well as some marvel's mystery oil into the crankcase around 2500 miles, and change it at 3K.

the tick seems to be mostly there from a cold start so hoping the thinner winter weight might help a bit... 

Spoiler

Indiana, the state basically made of corn :D

(Never realized it was not that common in other areas)

But Ohio does sell racing fuel at most gas stations. There's a weird midwest fact

ya but ohio is a weird state :P the largest aircraft museum in the world is at wright patterson afb in ohio

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

ya but ohio is a weird state :P but one of the best aircraft museums is in Ohio (wright patterson afb) 

Ohio is extremely weird. Almost as weird as Michigan

Ohio is extremely weird. Almost as weird as Michigan

and my state of Louisiana isn't weird? 

The entire world talks of "cajun" culture and "incoperate" it into some things and yet somehow "Cajun country" is a little place called Acadiana about 200 square miles in the depths of Louisiana... that no one ever visits unless they have to work here lol

Spoiler

330 P4 *orgasms*

240Z *orgasming intensifies*

S15 *RIP undies*

The P4 is probably the sexiest race Ferrari I've seen.

Along with the 512M

1971-sunoco-ferrari-512m-low-picture.jpg

And 312PB

154-2.jpg

The fiat 500 is a pretty nice car. Chicks dig it xD

It's not very well built though. I sat in one and the interior was way below what I though was nice. Although maybe the Abarth is different, being a higher end model.

Thought you guys might like the new toy. 

McLaren MP4-12c

~~

Nice car! I have a 20 year old Infiniti that barely runs. Want to trade? :P

In all seriousness. That's a real nice car you got. Congrats.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

How many origonal miles on the reman engine?

no clue. 

Spoiler

The P4 is probably the sexiest race Ferrari I've seen.

Along with the 512M

And 312PB

It's not very well built though. I sat in one and the interior was way below what I though was nice. Although maybe the Abarth is different, being a higher end model.

Nice car! I have a 20 year old Infiniti that barely runs. Want to trade? :P

In all seriousness. That's a real nice car you got. Congrats.

the p 4 is sexy but the p4/5 is even better imo

post-116840-0-19929100-1444097578_thumb.

-snip-

but there is only one...

Spoiler

but there is only one...

that's just icing on the cake 

attachicon.gifFerrari_P45_front_right.jpg

Jim Glickenhaus is the person I'd be if I was rich. His Ferrari's are insane. His P4/5 is nice, but I'm a fan of the older stuff. Does not make it any less cool, though.

His new SCG 003 and 003C are pretty rad too.

scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-03-22.jpg

scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-scg003c_100

Large%20Image_11045.jpg?itok=xvEBESbX

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

IT'S HAPPENING

12049446_10156129114995554_7766135313436

Speaking of MCM, if anyone want's their S2k, it's up for sale for $28k AUS

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-S2000-1999/SSE-AD-3521495/?Cr=1

Heeyyoooo

Speaking of MCM, if anyone want's their S2k, it's up for sale for $28k AUS

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-S2000-1999/SSE-AD-3521495/?Cr=1

What a shitty situation really.

The grip z will just be another model they will also be making a new z. Nissan would be retarded not to continue the legacy.

Toyota does need to make a straight 4 or 6 cylinder 2 door sports car.

Mazda needs to make a new rotary car.

Sg vs Daisy will be a good race.

The Evo ending might be the end of Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi is struggling to penetrate the car market. Specially in North america

Daily mail released an article saying that BMW ford Mazda Benz were also cheating on there tests. Which would mean the epa and other governments would need to test the cars themselves. And make the scales reasonable. And not punish any brand except for themselves for not testing the cars. We don't need the car industry stabbed. Especially diesel since diesel is a better alternative than electric and hydrogen cars.

Electric cars suck because battery technology hasn't advanced enough to make it viable option in general. Hydrogen won't work because there is no infrastructure. But diesel has it already. Companies like Ford Toyota Nissan BMW Benz vw need to really push diesel into the US market.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Something that bugs me quite a bit.

I was on Reddit, browsing, like normal.

See a post complaining about people with Subwoofers, and bumping while driving.

Very logically explain that some people's emotions are greatly changed by music, so bumping while driving is actually a good thing for some people.

Get called an inbred, retarded, ETC. People talk about how nice Reddit is, seems like that applies to smaller more niche subreddits

Lesson of the day: Don't try to be logical on the internet. People will stoop down to the level of a butthurt 5th grader.

Was in the /r/cars subreddit

Saw something epic not long ago. Someone driving a Willy's Jeep.

With fucking beard, and smoking a pipe.

Oh, and today was my first day I had to scrape my windows from frost.

Saw something epic not long ago. Someone driving a Willy's Jeep.

With fucking beard, and smoking a pipe.

Oh, and today was my first day I had to scrape my windows from frost.

Had that a few days ago. Thankfully its still light and not the mid winter frost that damn near requires a chisel and a hammer to get off..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hey all you car enthusiasts out there I was just wondering if your help me to figure out what this car is and if it's till in production ( cause I wanna buy one ) but are they still in production?

post-146291-0-19811500-1444127310_thumb.

Thanks

Zach

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it