Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1462065893776915116.jpg

It's always a sad day when a motorsports team exits the sport. Today's announcement is particularly hard, because this was one of the more successful European teams who ran the ailing Z4 GT3s. Highly successful in both Blancpain endurance and European LMS, with accolades including a victory overall at the Spa 24 hours. That being said, they aren't leaving racing in its entirety - instead, they are ditching four wheel GT3 cars for two-wheel MotoGP and Moto2 action! Here's a snippet from their press release:

“We must recognise that things have changed. So much so that today my passion for racing is gone. Collaborators have betrayed both my trust and the family spirit of our team. I am 67-years-old and I do not have the time left to accept behaviour that disrespects the moral principles I hold dear. I am tired by the lack of professionalism of some of the people I, wrongly, placed in key positions within the team. I’m tired of those who have no other purpose but to financially jeopardise our business, even to the point of bankruptcy. That is why I have decided today to bring down the curtain on Belgian Racing and end my long association with four-wheeled motorsport.”

“Of course, I do not forget our beautiful victory with the BMW Z4 GT3 at the 24 Hours of Spa this season, but it will not be repeated.How can I accept being forced to race in an entire championship just to have the right to race in this one event? The man has not yet been born who can tell me what to do at home, in Belgium!”

You can read the full press release here: http://www.marcvds.com/car/news/detail/the-end-of-an-era-for-the-marc-vds-racing-team#.VhPPsBNVikr

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

byU7Dx6.gif

that's awesome also what engine is that 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

that's awesome also what engine is that 

Comes from a Triumph Spitfire. Not 100% of which engine it is, though.

1974_Triumph_Spitfire4.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just dropped it off with my nephew at his shop to detail and get nice and shiny. Has a few scuffs from being driven by the old owner.

My nephew getting his photo in for Facebook lol

-snip-

Doors down

That's sweet! My friend has a 458 Italia. Lots of Ferrari's' where I live (even more Maserati's. 4 in my neighborhood). One time I drag raced a McLaren in my 5.0 Mustang. It destroyed me, I had just bought the mustang, was feeling cool for about a second and a half. Then he got ahead. 

byU7Dx6.gif

Is this the longest GIF ever?

what is the file size of that thing? 30GB? xD jk

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I just realized, today, probably the worst car in history in celebrating it's 35 birthday

-snip-

Worst car ? This beauty begs to differ. :D

fiat-multipla-fia_mul_02_1.jpg

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

~snip~

It was designed to resemble a dolphin, or something like that. That is one of the most ugly cars there is, if not the most ugly.

It was designed to resemble a dolphin, or something like that. That is one of the most ugly cars there is, if not the most ugly.

Now that you mention it, kinda looks like two dolphins humping. :D To me it always looked like somebody cut off a top part of a car and smashed it on top of another car. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

fiat-multipla-fia_mul_02_1.jpg

I said the worst, not the ugliest.  :lol:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I said the worst, not the ugliest.  :lol:

Reliant robin.

Edit: And looking through Time's list of 50 worst cars of all time. I actually can't find a single car from East Asia there. Both the Jugo and the Multipla is there, though.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/completelist/0,,1658545,00.html

Honestly I think this is the best looking of the modern mustangs!

-snip-

Yeah... But seeing one being wrecked by an absolute idiot at an autocross before my eyes ruined it for me.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I remember seeing a Volvo P1800 months ago. Such a beautiful car.

-snip-

I want one..

Spoiler

*SNIP*

I agree. I want one in the worst way. 

Every time I am at the ford dealer looking at Foci I somehow end up in the Mustang section. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i dont know looks better than a gremlin or pacer or Aztec kind of a funny oddball car 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Reliant robin.

Edit: And looking through Time's list of 50 worst cars of all time. I actually can't find a single car from East Asia there. Both the Jugo and the Multipla is there, though.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/completelist/0,,1658545,00.html

times list is bs both my cars on there and they are not bad... well maybe compared to now there bad but they are both pioneering cars 

I remember seeing a Volvo P1800 months ago. Such a beautiful car.

volvo-p-pictures-pics-for-used-volvo-p-v

amazing car i thought about buying one of them but the 60s are little to much to spend on a fun driving car 

~~

Once modified, post facelift S197's come close or beat it IMO

s197-2011-gt.jpg

Looks more muscle car-y

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Once modified, post facelift S197's come close or beat it IMO

Looks more muscle car-y

they really can look amazing

18291940991_5b3707dc4a_k.jpgboss 302 by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

not sure if anyone has seen this movie but im just going to put it out there its called "dual" and its about a man who is driving to a meeting and gets harassed/attempted murder by this truck (i say truck because you never see the truckers face) its not all that scary it is a thriller almost identical to jaws because Steven Spielberg directed it a few years before he did jaws.its great movie especially if you like cars. im just going to leave the trailer here (kinda cheesy trailer but all of them were like this back in the 70s) worth a watch