Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Congrats! Moar pics pls

Just dropped it off with my nephew at his shop to detail and get nice and shiny. Has a few scuffs from being driven by the old owner.

My nephew getting his photo in for Facebook lol

9wr1BTA.jpg

Doors down

vMXGmbp.jpg

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Just dropped it off with my nephew at his shop to detail and get nice and shiny. Has a few scuffs from being driven by the old owner.

~~

Doors down

~~

Jealous! I don't see many in my area, especially now that everybody who had them either traded them in or went up to the 650S. Good on ya for going with the Spyder - might as well have a bit of extra headroom since theres literally no penalty in chassis stiffness ^^

Any MSO options? Whats the mileageeeee

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Will do all the work myself. (Pretty handy with a spanner)

Shipping a car across the ocean would be a bit pricy

just don't get one made out of a vw beetle pan i would say it would be worth the shipping cost to get one from beck they are probably the best for the price 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Thought you guys might like the new toy. 

McLaren MP4-12c

- holy -

Damn. Son.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Doors down

nice what year?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

They're great according to to top gear. Haven't researched them much myself.

lets not forget: LOTUS

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Knew a guy whose father had one. Seemed pretty reliable

Not sure about spares availability. But they seem really fun.

If i remember correctly they had toyota engines?

yeah Toyota 2ZZ's I believe.

I'm not sure if the toyota engines made them more reliable? (my above comment I know for sure applies to the older ones, not sure about new)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

42178.jpg Mini Cooper S 1.3i. Searching for a good one since this is ideally what i want for my first car.

Small and handles like a go kart. All about the fun factor. 

And since the Mazda 1.3 RENESIS is pretty tiny and the same capacity...┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ something could happen

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Jealous! I don't see many in my area, especially now that everybody who had them either traded them in or went up to the 650S. Good on ya for going with the Spyder - might as well have a bit of extra headroom since theres literally no penalty in chassis stiffness ^^

Any MSO options? Whats the mileageeeee

It was a good price for it at $160k with 16,000 miles so jumped on it. No MSO options on it, but will be throwing some cash at it to beef it up and give it a pretty nice bright vinyl wrap

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Saw one of these today, exact same in every detail. First one in this city so far.

olio_1085150017_suprafront.jpg

My dad had one of those when he was younger. Sweet cars, but not cheap, even now.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

It was a good price for it at $160k with 16,000 miles so jumped on it. No MSO options on it, but will be throwing some cash at it to beef it up and give it a pretty nice bright vinyl wrap

Damn, thats a nice steal! Congrats again man, hope you get a lot of smiles out of it :) 

A 12C Spyder with similar mileage up here costs well over $240K CAD still, more often than not more because people don't drive them as often. Because winter. (and insurance, but thats another story)

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/McLaren/MP4-12C/Woodbridge/Ontario/5_24775757_20120201164434495/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_15_7

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Damn, thats a nice steal! Congrats again man, hope you get a lot of smiles out of it :)

A 12C Spyder with similar mileage up here costs well over $240K CAD still, more often than not more because people don't drive them as often. Because winter. (and insurance, but thats another story)

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/McLaren/MP4-12C/Woodbridge/Ontario/5_24775757_20120201164434495/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_15_7

Had minor hood damage which was fixed pretty easily. Not going to keep it long, throw some fun upgrades into it, drive it for a few months and flip it.

Thinking of doing a wrap like this one on it

It's a 2014

ok good they worked most of the kinks out by then 

Had minor hood damage which was fixed pretty easily. Not going to keep it long, throw some fun upgrades into it, drive it for a few months and flip it.

Thinking of doing a wrap like this one on it

you should do one of these show off the nice lines on the body forget what they are called maybe a tron wrap something like that

post-116840-0-65060800-1444083617.jpg

also this was a few post back but model t speedsters look very different from one to the other but this looks almost exactly the same as mine white tires and all  

post-116840-0-69622600-1444084354.jpg

-sexy-

Elegant but brutal. If this car was a man, it would came to bar, suckerpunch a dude off of a bar stool then put a freshly cleaned napkin on said stool for a lady to sit on. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

YGZ0VFN.jpg

I honestly have no idea how much one would cost.

that is an awesome picture 

YGZ0VFN.jpg

I honestly have no idea how much one would cost.

Doesnt get much more british than that. If you have time, definitely read the backstory on that Vulcan - entirely privately owned, brought back from the dead and maintained/flown to the utmost perfection. Only reason it is being retired is that the airframe has reached EOL, and the costs justified to bring it back aren't worth it. Theres a group trying to do the same with the Concorde, but the main issue they face is that Air France will not let any private operators run the plane, even if they manage to buy and restore a working airframe, even if it is just for demonstration purposes.

In any case, the last demonstration flight for XH558 was breathtaking.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-last-avro-vulcan-bomber-flying-just-pulled-off-an-a-1718892290

Folding@Home | BOINC

rVrDbSg.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

well, after 3 1/2 hours of sitting at the Toyota garage, I got the Tundra back, and the squeaking is gone! I am so happy! what i'm not sure of is whether or not the ball joint was cuasing the squeaking, or if they sprayed some lube somewhere to fix it.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

took the model t out tonight to pick up my new phone but it was a really bad idea because i was freezing and im still using the oil lamps( which was really stupid and nerve racking i need to update those)