Hp Omen 45L 350 no boot drive, turn off and turn on works but cant get rid of the message

Hello I just bought a hp omen 45L about 2 weeks ago and eveytime i boot it up i get this 350 no boot drive error message but if i turn off my PC then turn back on it is fine and works great until i turn it off and let it sit for about 8-10 hours while im at work then i get this message again and had to turn off and reboot. I looked in my bios and my boot order is right and turned off USB boot in case my keyboard or mouse was causing this. I contacted hp support they are giving me the run around so any ideas for what i can try.

1 hour ago, Renik378 said:

Hello I just bought a hp omen 45L about 2 weeks ago and eveytime i boot it up i get this 350 no boot drive error message but if i turn off my PC then turn back on it is fine and works great until i turn it off and let it sit for about 8-10 hours while im at work then i get this message again and had to turn off and reboot. I looked in my bios and my boot order is right and turned off USB boot in case my keyboard or mouse was causing this. I contacted hp support they are giving me the run around so any ideas for what i can try.

If you boot, does it show the Windows logo or HP logo? (POST should show HP logo (or Omen), boot is loading Windows)

If it's the Windows logo, it could be that it's installed in legacy and doesn't work the first time you turn it on, so make sure legacy boot is enabled in the BIOS (also named CSM).

An other option is to make a backup of your data and reinstall Windows with a USB stick, but make sure CSM/legacy mode is OFF. That way you force the install in UEFI mode.

Here is the error screen, also when windows does boot its the omen logo so its not legacy, I also use the dashboard progran from western didgital and it says the firmware is up to date

20240517_181602.jpg

Just a after thought i did add 2 sata 4tb ssd and a 1tb nv.me ssd to this rig could they be messing with it they are not in the boot order and work fine it there anyway to check, I also turned off fast windows startup don't know if that helps it yet

32 minutes ago, Renik378 said:

Here is the error screen, also when windows does boot its the omen logo so its not legacy, I also use the dashboard progran from western didgital and it says the firmware is up to date

Spoiler

20240517_181602.jpg

3F0 Error code is the standard "Boot Device Not Found" error with HP and OMEN. 

Did you check the corresponding support page for your OMEN for the newest Storage Driver too? 

29 minutes ago, Renik378 said:

Just a after thought i did add 2 sata 4tb ssd and a 1tb nv.me ssd to this rig could they be messing with it they are not in the boot order and work fine it there anyway to check

I know you said you added the drives, did you also change the OS drive when you added them? Regardless, if you can get into the OMEN BIOS you can check some of this stuff more specifically. I believe it's simply ESC or F10 to enter BIOS on first boot. Then go to 'UEFI HII Configuration' section. That should show you what drives you have installed and what Storage Driver you will need. 

Another thing to keep in mind, is I see on the OMEN subreddit all the time, problems like this occur on the HP OMEN Desktops or Laptops when you begin to change hardware in and out. In your case, adding the extra SSDs, and in other cases I've seen people having issues similar to this when swapping out or changing memory/RAM.

Sometimes it's fixed with a simple BIOS Update, which is what I would recommend you do.

Furthermore, what kind of errors come up from running HP Hardware Diagnostics and HP Support Assistant? 

Lastly, I would make a post here: 

Gaming Desktops - HP Support Community

Here:

OMEN by HP (reddit.com)

I also recommend joining the Discord for quicker support and assistance:

https://discord.st/HPOmen/