Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Teacher - "We need another person with a car that can drive on the museum trip"

*Dead silent classroom*

Teacher - "Of course you'll be compensated for fuel expenses and it'll give extra credit in this class"

Me - 

jCt2ra9.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Teacher - "We need another person with a car that can drive on the museum trip"

*Dead silent classroom*

Teacher - "Of course you'll be compensated for fuel expenses and it'll give extra credit in this class"

Me - 

jCt2ra9.gif

Basically me when my group needed to visit a school for a project... (all my groupmates were girls...)

Wow i just did my first wheelie, just stood still revved it put in first and released the clutch, was neither cool or fun but I did it I guess

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The first year IIRC that there hasn't been a GT-R or a 911 (might have been the same for the first race, actually) - surprised the Bentley did so well, mainly because its still pretty damn heavy after weight reduction and that short-ratio ZF gearbox and AWD isnt the best for top speed. Unsurprisingly the car with the most power won.

And because #Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRzfZkN25Y

Also, the monkey is back!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Wow i just did my first wheelie, just stood still revved it put in first and released the clutch, was neither cool or fun but I did it I guess

Clutch wheelies are for poor people. :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Clutch wheelies are for poor people. :P

you have to remember I have a moped xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

you have to remember I have a moped xD

Oh, lol Right. I forgot about that. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So apparently, ricers use cut bicycle tubes to make their exhaust "sound better".

watch like the first minute of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHIbiuIjvE

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Here's a general "what was at the auto cross video" that I went to. Unfortunately the Neil could only get half of the people there since he was running himself, but worth watching still. (Wish he would of got that mustang crashing though lol)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The first year IIRC that there hasn't been a GT-R or a 911 (might have been the same for the first race, actually) - surprised the Bentley did so well, mainly because its still pretty damn heavy after weight reduction and that short-ratio ZF gearbox and AWD isnt the best for top speed. Unsurprisingly the car with the most power won.

That MX-5 tried. That's all that matters. 

So apparently, ricers use cut bicycle tubes to make their exhaust "sound better".

That's the funniest thing ever. 

Defiantly doing that to my m8s car. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i feel like doing that to a friends moped, since he doesn't seem to check I the fuel pump is on or off I've been turning his fuel pump off and swing him go nowhere and it's really fun until he turns it back on and still barely moves, he has the slowest moped I know of it's silly, so seeing if he would figure this out would be fun

Builds:

Spoiler

i feel like doing that to a friends moped, since he doesn't seem to check I the fuel pump is on or off I've been turning his fuel pump off and swing him go nowhere and it's really fun until he turns it back on and still barely moves, he has the slowest moped I know of it's silly, so seeing if he would figure this out would be fun

Are trying to kill him at an intersection?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

-snip-

The heavy Bentley held up really well. Goes to show what two turbos and a massive powerband can do. ;)

Not a big fan of the Vette, mainly because it's supercharged and I don't care much for those. It should be turbocharged. Would probably make 750hp instead of 650 from the same amount of boost. SC's are inefficient and leach power that should be going to the wheels. It's evident just how much better turbos are when you consider how much less [peak] power the Bentley makes, how much less aerodynamic it is, yet kept up to the Vette most of the way. I bet a 911 turbo would have taken the top spot. ;)

I had the chance to drive a newer Bentley Continental sedan (a "regular" one) earlier this year, with the twin turbo V8 and damn, the acceleration was just incredible. Cracking 200kph was a walk in the park and it did it with no drama at all. Crazy. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHIbiuIjvE

LMAO!!! :lol:  I'm literally loling! People in my office are looking at me. This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in a long time! HAHAHA!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh man, I can't breathe! This made my day. Thank you. :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

still pollutes less than a vw (skip to 1:51 if you want to see it start)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

In other news, Shmee's 675LT is pretty much ready for his November delivery date. It sounds pretty good, and the Cerulean Blue looks really nice. A brighter Bayside Blue if you will.

Having seen one of these cars in person for myself (although in the not-as-pretty Chicane Grey), I definitely agree that its special and you only really notice the long tail from certain angles. The location of the exhausts is very similar to the 12C SPA-F that PFAFF Toronto had specced out 2-3 years ago, so it's fair to say the rear end of the 675LT was in development from the start.

mclaren-12c-spa-f-pfaff-tuning-c43332306

As far as I know, there are was at one point a yellow Spa-F yet the only Spa-F I saw this year was in grey; not sure if they just wrapped the existing car or if they just bought another car; probably the former because it was at one point listed as "for sale: $350K CAD" with no takers

Also because I know y'all are interested by this car, some more GTE-Pro / GT-LM spec 2016 GTs in testing config.

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Also because I know y'all are interested by this car, some more GTE-Pro / GT-LM spec 2016 GTs in testing config.

@MEC-777

Turboooooos!!! :D That car looks absolutely awesome (and fast). I see some design traits carried over from the infamous GT90 which is curious. Can't wait to see this car in action at Le Mans. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

still pollutes less than a vw (skip to 1:51 if you want to see it start)

that's a lot of engines.(or cylinders) what was the point of it?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

that's a lot of engines.(or cylinders) what was the point of it?

It's a radial engine from an old aircraft.

I see some design traits carried over from the infamous GT90 which is curious.

Not catching on fire or melting though.

Turboooooos!!! :D That car looks absolutely awesome (and fast). I see some design traits carried over from the infamous GT90 which is curious. Can't wait to see this car in action at Le Mans. 

I'm betting that it'll be at the Canadian Inter. Auto show in feb, and it'll definitely be at mosport come July for the TUSCC race. You should definitely come! $20/40 respectively for tickets, plus gas.

12068629_10153526328446815_3825187738016

Folding@Home | BOINC

So my parents are looking at getting either a corolla or a civic for a commuter car. we're looking at the 1998-2002 models, and I was just wondering  which one is going to be more fun to drive? It's most likely going to be a manual (yes!), and HP is fairly similar, along with MPG, but which is going to handle better, or have better acceleration? Obviously civics are pimped out more, but that doesn't neccesarily mean it performs better obviously. does anyone have experience with both?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

So my parents are looking at getting either a corolla or a civic for a commuter car. we're looking at the 1998-2002 models, and I was just wondering which one is going to be more fun to drive? It's most likely going to be a manual (yes!), and HP is fairly similar, along with MPG, but which is going to handle better, or have better acceleration? Obviously civics are pimped out more, but that doesn't neccesarily mean it performs better obviously. does anyone have experience with both?

8th Gen corollas burn oil. Doesn't seem to affect the life of them but you have to keep up with the consumption (usually a quart every 2 weeks)

Rebuilding the motor with the revised Pistons, or drilling More oil return holes in the Pistons resolves the issue.

The 8th gens are fun to drive though if you solve the body roll. I should know, I autocrossed one 2 weeks ago xD but I also have an automatic so the manual would be even funner. Plus I think you can put a CELICA ECU in the manual one and get a bump in power. Without losing reverse like you do in the auto lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Someone say turbo?

cfRYN20.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May