Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

my dad won't buy a protege.

1994-1997 Corolla

Had a 95 one and it was dead reliable.

System: Thinkpad T460

1994-1997 Corolla

Had a 95 one and it was dead reliable.

I don't like the looks of those one's also, my dad wants one a little newer, even if it means it burns a little oil.

but I agree with the dead reliable part though. If I was paying for it, I would probably get one of that era.

On second thought, I'd probably get a 1st gen MR2 for the summer, and one of those for the winter.

my dad has 2 old Mr2s sitting out at my grandparents. one, a red rust bucket '85, still ran when he parked it because he bought it for parts from the parents of a friend of his who committed suicide, and the other one, a white '87 with the spoiler on the back. the white one has a bad timing belt, and a tranny that was starting to go. they've been sitting out there for 20 years now. maybe I should make getting one running my summer project.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

yeah, I didn't even read the description. :lol:  but like I said, my dad is buying it, and he won't buy a protege. 

Edit: also, the interior is disgusting!  :wacko:

200ish Camry?

My friend has one and it's been bone solid.

It's gone past 300K and is just now starting to have transmission issues, and a tranny for one of those is cheap

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I don't like the looks of those one's also, my dad wants one a little newer, even if it means it burns a little oil.

but I agree with the dead reliable part though. If I was paying for it, I would probably get one of that era.

On second thought, I'd probably get a 1st gen MR2 for the summer, and one of those for the winter.

my dad has 2 old Mr2s sitting out at my grandparents. one, a red rust bucket '85, still ran when he parked it because he bought it for parts from the parents of a friend of his who committed suicide, and the other one, a white '87 with the spoiler on the back. the white one has a bad timing belt, and a tranny that was starting to go. they've been sitting out there for 20 years now. maybe I should make getting one running my summer project.

NA or supercharged?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

To be honest I'm not entirely surprised by that.

I wasn't too surprised. Especially because it was the phone laying flat, not upward 

200ish Camry?

It's gone past 300K and is just now starting to have transmission issues, and a tranny for one of those is cheap

yeah, it's something we've looked at, my dad just wants the fuel economy of a corolla. it ultimately comes down the where we find the best deal.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

yeah, I didn't even read the description. :lol:  but like I said, my dad is buying it, and he won't buy a protege. 

Edit: also, the interior is disgusting!  :wacko:

honestly, don't know why he wouldn't buy a protege. if it were me, i wouldn't buy anything OTHER than a protege. i can trust one of these things to go over 400k without major issues, and plus, parts for them are actually cheap. And probably the pictures make the interior look worse than it really is. it should be a full black/ silver interior. Plus, our protege hasn't ever burned any oil, considering how frequently its driven.

200ish Camry?

Why not an 80s Toyota pickup? Sure, maybe not gas efficient, but it's basically bulletproof, you can't destroy a Hilux.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Here's a photo of the truck taken today in the sunlight. Pretty sketchy

Uhhh, it looks like it should be able to buff out....

Found on /r/subaru

fH7v1ig.jpg

I saw this a while ago on speedhunters, and i was jsut reminded of it. What do you guys think about this miata?

The full article with more pictures is here: http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/11/wait-thats-miata-pit-crew-style/

I don't like it. I'm not a fan of when people mod a car so much that it's unrecognizable

They did a great job, just not my shot of whiskey 

I don't like it. I'm not a fan of when people mod a car so much that it's unrecognizable

They did a great job, just not my shot of whiskey 

I thought it was a TVR at first.

The number of people that have said they're coming to todays car meet in trollhättan

ZuaR2hj.png

Coming            Maybe             Invited

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sigh. Every time my tesla evangelist friend tells me that i should get a tesla next

The 700km+ range on my golf just goes

FxTIV4r.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just saw this gif

Drive+safely_bee9f9_4325477.gif

Even without the twist ending that scene is one of the most idiotic ones in cinema history..

I wasn't too surprised. Especially because it was the phone laying flat, not upward 

It just has a lot of a contact area to spread out the weight and maybe 20-22% of the weight of the truck? Can't be that bad of an iPhone design to not support the PPI.

Sigh. Every time my tesla evangelist friend tells me that i should get a tesla next

The 700km+ range on my golf just goes

I solve that by using a bigger tank. :ph34r:

It just has a lot of a contact area to spread out the weight and maybe 20-22% of the weight of the truck? Can't be that bad of an iPhone design to not support the PPI.

I solve that by using a bigger tank. :ph34r:

That was the whole point of my post?

The tesla only has something like a 300km range

I know. I got the point of your post, don't worry about that. :P

not to mention if you arent near a fast charger (which you still have to wait an hour at!) 

you're stuck... i mean maybe a hotel will let you charge it but you'll have to stay overnight lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

that's a lot of engines.(or cylinders) what was the point of it?

How about making a homemade rx8 with that engine?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

not to mention if you arent near a fast charger (which you still have to wait an hour at!) 

you're stuck... i mean maybe a hotel will let you charge it but you'll have to stay overnight lol

When i can get further in a 350 powered chevy and refuel faster then the tech of electric cars hasn't advanced to the point of being a viable alternative

When i can get further in a 350 powered chevy and refuel faster then the tech of electric cars hasn't advanced to the point of being a viable alternative

Yep! Things like supercapacitors will likely change that though.

We are in desperate need of new battery tech. For everything, not just cars.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1