Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Thats brave xD 

i like livihng dangerously  xD

it starts when the aftermarket deck face plate is pulled off but wont start with it plugged in ...... idk who installed the thing but they sure fucked it up good 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i like livihng dangerously  xD

it starts when the aftermarket deck face plate is pulled off but wont start with it plugged in ...... idk who installed the thing but they sure fucked it up good 

Well.. Good luck with that mess xD Still trying to theorise as to why that would happen  :wacko:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well.. Good luck with that mess xD Still trying to theorise as to why that would happen  :wacko:

same .... short to ground on a positive somewhere ... not sure ? will be fun to tear into at work and what not tho

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

awe yussss onto my third bmw , a 1997 dark forest green 2 door drop-top 328i :P .... with a massive electrical issue , wtf have i gotten myself into >.<

Nice! You can never have enough BMW's. Bimmers always need work, but the end result will definitely be worth it :D

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen an E36 convertible.. Sounds like it'll be a cool project. What are your plans after you fix electronics?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Nice! You can never have enough BMW's. Bimmers always need work, but the end result will definitely be worth it :D

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen an E36 convertible.. Sounds like it'll be a cool project. What are your plans after you fix electronics?

i love my German cars :P

keep this one for as long as possible , i regret selling my last one was so much fun , 4dr model same color and engine ... kid smashed it the day after i sold it ;-; 

Spoiler
Spoiler

i love my German cars :P

keep this one for as long as possible , i regret selling my last one was so much fun , 4dr model same color and engine ... kid smashed it the day after i sold it ;-; 

same thing happened to my dad's RX-7, although he sold it to my aunt first.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

(From when you guys were talking temps) This morning it was 57F here. High today was 86 though.

Tommirow the high is 81F and in the morning it should be in the mid 50's again.

Pretty nice! Getting tired of it being 90F+ like it has been the last few weeks

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Been in the low 40s in the morning lately. Broke out the winter blankets. Its comfy time.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

so linus's pink civic just got featured on carthrottle xD

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So. I just got out of being in the ER for 3 hours.

Justin's S10 is no more. It met it's end tonight with a tree.

Completely totaled. We're fine, he needed stitches in his forehead. I got away with spraining my left wrist.

Lesson of the day: Don't avoid raccoons, shit happens

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Completely totaled. We're fine, he needed stitches in his forehead. I got away with spraining my left wrist.

wow, that really sucks. Good to hear you guys got out alright. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

wow, that really sucks. Good to hear you guys got out alright. 

Yeah, no airbags, but the truck was strong enough. Couldn't open the doors so that had to be kicked out. We definitely got the $750 out of that truck in the almost 2 years he had it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Very sad to hear bro. :( Good to know that both of you are alright.

Is his truck fully insured?

Very sad to hear bro. :( Good to know that both of you are alright.

Is his truck fully insured?

Not sure, but it's fully totaled. It was only $750, so at least he's not out a ton of money. I hope it was, but I'm not too sure, as soon as we got home, he went to sleep.

Not sure, but it's fully totaled. It was only $750, so at least he's not out a ton of money. I hope it was, but I'm not too sure, as soon as we got home, he went to sleep.

Well damn.

2 years though, that's pretty good.

Well damn.

2 years though, that's pretty good.

Yeah, we had very low expectations for the truck when he got it. Even with no airbags, we were fine in a head on collision with a big ass tree

This is what the S10 looked like after all was set and done.

Not sure which is more impressive, how well Chevy built this truck in the 90s. Or how we walked away mostly fine, after kicking out the door:

HAl2HUG.jpg

d6UbLjD.jpg

This is what Justin looked like. Thank god we were fine:

vOKhAN0.jpg

This is what the S10 looked like after all was set and done.

Not sure which is more impressive, how well Chevy built this truck in the 90s. Or how we walked away mostly fine, after kicking out the door:

This is what Justin looked like. Thank god we were fine:

That is one nasty gash. But nice to see that you're both in one piece.

Also. I'm quite impressed by the S10. The crumple zone seemed to have done its job very well there.

Best of luck with the insurance company later. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That is one nasty gash. But nice to see that you're both in one piece.

Also. I'm quite impressed by the S10. The crumple zone seemed to have done its job very well there.

Best of luck with the insurance company later. 

Thanks man. We hit pretty hard on the side also, which is why the bed didn't line up anymore

Thanks man. We hit pretty hard on the side also, which is why the bed didn't line up anymore

In that situation the cab being separate from the bed seems to be a bit of an advantage.

Since it looks like the bed took most of the hit. And the cab looks sort of alright.

If that was a sedan the rear door would most likely be behind your seat at that point.

In that situation the cab being separate from the bed seems to be a bit of an advantage.

Since it looks like the bed took most of the hit. And the cab looks sort of alright.

If that was a sedan the rear door would most likely be behind your seat at that point.

He whipped to the right when we went off the road so the tree would hit that as he remembered they were separated.

-snip-

Don't wanna break COC

Snip]

I would check if that's allowed in the coc..

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I would check if that's allowed in the coc..

Shit. Didn't even think of that. Will check

Shit. Didn't even think of that. Will check

Let's hope you don't need to burrow from family...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory