Nvidia asks retailers to stop selling gpu's to miners

sarfraz
1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

Bullshit, this is all a PR stunt, fuck you NVidia

How is this a fucking PR stunt? 

Nvidia is already selling their stock all the time because no competition. They are making no additional money as the profit is being made at the retailer level with them jacking the price. If miners stop buying Nvidia GPUs they are not losing any money, just the people trying to build an average PC is not going to have to double their budget just because a fucking 1070 cost $1000. 

56 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Its not a PR stunt. They physically cant meet demand for GPU"s. AIB are at capacity as well. Plus there is a RAM shortage. Last I knew video cards have RAM on them. This is what happens when demand increases by a great amount but supply stays the same. Its not Nvidia causing a shortage when the FAB producing GPU's is poping the fuckers out as fast as it can. 

Also retailers are more to blame because they are the ones who set the price. MSRP (Manufactures suggested Retail Price) not the price that retailers have to sell it at. Retailers are responding to the demand. As I explained in an earlier post, there are reasons why Nvidia and AIB's may not build new plants as crypto currency is too unstable. 

I am not sure how people cant understand MSRP and retail cost. Retailers are making bank, Nvidia is really making nothing more than usual. 

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

I am not sure how people cant understand MSRP and retail cost. Retailers are making bank, Nvidia is really making nothing more than usual. 

Yeah I know. I used to work for Sam's Club in the electronics department. Most retailers dont make much on electronics. This is finally their chance to cash in. Any retailer would take the chance to make bank. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

47 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

How is this a fucking PR stunt? 

Nvidia is already selling their stock all the time because no competition. They are making no additional money as the profit is being made at the retailer level with them jacking the price. If miners stop buying Nvidia GPUs they are not losing any money, just the people trying to build an average PC is not going to have to double their budget just because a fucking 1070 cost $1000. 

my post must have gone way over your head.

I'm saying that throughout other threads people have been saying that card manufacturers need to do something about miners. NVidia have comes out and said not to sell to miners. everyone in this thread is saying it's bullshit and a PR stunt.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Buying Nvidia cards in bulk for mining always came off as desperation since this only  happens after AMD cards sell out.

As someone that went months to get a 1070  at normal retail who didn't have the same issue getting an RX 480 for another build ages ago, I approve of these types of miners getting the finger.

This has to be fake. How would you know who's buying it is a gamer or not? Like when you buy your card off of Amazon what is waver going to pop up that you have to sign saying you won't use the card for mining? Like come on I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this stuff. 

On 1/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, minervx said:

People have been declaring the end of cryptocurrencies for the past 8 years due to its "instability", yet it keeps growing and its market cap (as an international currency) is still very low.  There is a very considerable chance that crypto mining could be around for the next 10 years, and that simply waiting for this craze to end will only result in more missed profits and more angry customers who will just switch to consoles at some point.

In the next 10 years..lmao countries are banning it now, 10 years from now haha 

8 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

This has to be fake. How would you know who's buying it is a gamer or not? Like when you buy your card off of Amazon what is waver going to pop up that you have to sign saying you won't use the card for mining? Like come on I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this stuff. 

All Nvidia is asking is that retailers to put systems in place to help get cards in to gamer's hands. Realistically there is not much retailers can do. Other than limiting how many you can buy. As you said there is nothing they can do. So at the end of the day this is an issue with supply, which is sadly not going to be solved any time soon. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

26 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

In the next 10 years..lmao countries are banning it now, 10 years from now haha 

Which countries are banning it now?  I want those names.

And if 10 years is an awful estimate, tell me a better frame of time?

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

We know that demand from cryptocurrency miners is a huge factor behind the incredibly high graphics card prices we see right now. In an attempt to combat this phenomenon, Nvidia is

asking its retail partners to limit the maximum number of GPU sales to two per person.

In a comment to German-language site ComputerBase.de, Nvidia stressed that it isn’t happy about the situation, and that the company values its target market of gamers above all others.

Nvidia said, and i quote.

For NVIDIA, gamers come first. All activities related to our GeForce product line are targeted at our main audience. To ensure that GeForce gamers continue to have good GeForce graphics card availability in the current situation, we recommend that our trading partners make the appropriate arrangements to meet gamers’ needs as usual.

I don't know for you guys but this makes me very happy. i was about to buy a 1080 ti and due to the rise of prices i just dropped it totally. the price hovers over $1200 for a 1080 ti which is sad

VohMP6M.png

also there's a big rumor that both companies are working on releasing mining-focused graphics cards which would ship with a slightly lower price tag and no video connectors. That would make them useless for running a gaming PC, but perfect for mining rigs, and could go some way to stem this tide of GPU purchasing that is leaving hardware enthusiasts and gamers with few options when it comes to their next upgrade.

Miners. please stop :(

Just now, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Wasn't this posted a couple of days ago?

Removed fron TN&R, so it might not qualify as a report in moderator eyes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

I bought my gtx 1060 6gb in fall 2016 , I could still sell it for a profit. Thats just stupid. This whole crypto currency thing is just stupid.

I got mine in early 2017. I bought it for gaming but I’ve already made more than the value back in mining and I could still sell it for only a very small loss. The prices in my country don’t seem to be as bad as the US for the first time in forever but EVERYTHING is out of stockso

they might just change it when they get new stock

That's an F in the profile pic

7 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Wasn't this posted a couple of days ago?

Edit. Yeah

I never saw it. looked but couldn't find. also the other member's post lack details. such as limiting gpu sales per person. either way the staff will do with my thread as they see fit

Nvidia's got a good PR department apparently.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

You can tell your partner's Nvidia they won't do shit and you know it, maybe develop specific GPUs that can BTC mine better, miners are happy, gamers are happy

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

You can tell your partner's Nvidia they won't do shit and you know it, maybe develop specific GPUs that can BTC mine better, miners are happy, gamers are happy

oh yes. they said they would do that. going to add that part now

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

They wouldn't waste resources on that if They don't know how long the mining market will be good. 

Just now, IamODIN said:

The fact that you're eating this pr bullshit makes me sad

1 minute ago, IamODIN said:

Really? It seems like a bad idea to me as the market is super voilitile and could become nonexistent as soon as it is no longer profitable.

3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

The fact that you're eating this pr bullshit makes me sad

well one can only hope for the best

22 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

there's a big rumor that both companies are working on releasing mining-focused graphics cards which would ship with a slightly lower price tag and no video connectors

Oh, so no resale value back to the increasing PC gaming market once you cash out or this bullshit monopoly money crashes? So basically worthless.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

funny story
the other day I went to canada computers, a guy walked off with 18 1080ti's
with over 1000 on order.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004