Arrests and prison sentences to be handed out to Chinese PUBG cheaters

Mattson
1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

Community service for a year

And what punishment would you suggest for someone who doesn't do the community service?

1 minute ago, Mattson said:

And what punishment would you suggest for someone who doesn't do the community service?

It's not a choice

The geek himself.

48 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

The latter isn't, because it's a video game.

its legal in china :):), I don't care how much you cheat you should be banned, finned and if it was extreme jailed. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

33 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

China stop being backwards xD

they are the largest dictator in the world, then russia. They don't care what you say.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

It's not a choice

Oh okay... well its good to know your user name isn't ironic... that's good to know I guess.

1 minute ago, Mattson said:

Oh okay... well its good to know your user name isn't ironic... that's good to know I guess.

in an acutely disturbed state of mind resulting from illness or intoxication and characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence of thought and speech.

The geek himself.

18 hours ago, Mattson said:

PUBG is a game that is very dear to me.  It is the first game where I was sold on the concept alone without even seeing game footage.  100 people dropped onto an 8km x 8km map and the winner is the last one left alive.  It is the first game in over 10 years that moved me to upgrade my hardware to be able to handle it.  

U never heard of H1Z1 or Arma 3 before this ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 minutes ago, Thony said:

U never heard of H1Z1 or Arma 3 before this ?

Nope... I was in an MMO bubble.

4 minutes ago, Mattson said:

Nope... I was in an MMO bubble.

Shame, H1Z1 was a massive blast back in the day. Lirik’s Arma 3 streams too. Good old days :)

*wipes a tear of nostalgia of his face*

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

14 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Account/IP ban? PUBG for example you can get for a few dollars in China. IP ban? Well there are thousands of cafes you can go to to play game. They can't IP ban every Interest cafe in China.

Wouldn't it be difficult to use cheating tools on a internet cafes computers?

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Wouldn't it be difficult to use cheating tools on a internet cafes computers?

It would be if hardware bans were a thing.

One wonders why devs (any devs, not just PUBG) don't attempt MAC address banning?  It would be a simple thing for the client to grab the MAC address of the computer the game is installed on, and transmit that as part of the player's ID.  If a player buys a new copy, the new game would still transmit the same MAC address and the player would still be banned.  Of course, there are ways around that as well, but it wouldn't be quite as simple.

29 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

One wonders why devs (any devs, not just PUBG) don't attempt MAC address banning?  It would be a simple thing for the client to grab the MAC address of the computer the game is installed on, and transmit that as part of the player's ID.  If a player buys a new copy, the new game would still transmit the same MAC address and the player would still be banned.  Of course, there are ways around that as well, but it wouldn't be quite as simple.

That's a hardware ban and I think it's not done because if someone at a lancafe gets banned then it would ban everyone who used that PC.

3 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I don't care how much you cheat you should be banned, finned and if it was extreme jailed. 

fined or jailed for cheating is what you suggest for a god damn video game? 

The fuck is this world coming to.

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

The fuck is this world coming to.

Utopia.

1 hour ago, Mattson said:

That's a hardware ban and I think it's not done because if someone at a lancafe gets banned then it would ban everyone who used that PC.

Quite frankly, if the owners of the cafe are dumb enough to allow users to install cheats on the computer, then they deserve the hardware ban.  Those things should be locked down so the only thing you can do is play the games.  And they could always request the ban be lifted.

5 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

they already have Chinese and korea/japan servers. they just play in the US because it gives them an advantage with 400ms ping. 

Then there is something wrong with the game!

Just now, laminutederire said:

Then there is something wrong with the game!

The reason this benefits people far away is because the game uses client side hit detection which gives benefits to people with high pings.

5 minutes ago, Mattson said:

The reason this benefits people far away is because the game uses client side hit detection which gives benefits to people with high pings.

And? It's an issue with the game itself, that's what I said. Region locking will not change that since there will remain people in the same zone who will benefit from it anyway. Maybe not as much, but still.

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

And?

No and... I was just collapsing the wave function of the uncertain terms you were using.

It's up to the game devs to control cheating. Throwing video game cheaters in prison is pure communist evil.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

@nicklmg @James @LinusTech

Great wan show topic!!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

16 hours ago, Mattson said:

Utopia.

So your utopia is throwing game cheaters in prision because wittew ow baby lost because a cheater? Cmon, grow the hell up. 

These are virtual worlds with no real world impact yet people should be punished and thrown in prison with murderers and rapist because they had an autoaim mod.  

18 hours ago, Mattson said:

And MAC addresses are easily changed/spoofed.  So that wouldn't work well.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

2 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

So your utopia is throwing game cheaters in prision because wittew ow baby lost because a cheater? Cmon, grow the hell up. 

No.  My utopia is summarily executing them without a trial... what China is doing is a baby step towards that goal.