Arrests and prison sentences to be handed out to Chinese PUBG cheaters

Mattson

Is it first offence is jail time? I agree with the 1st offence being a fine, second being a bigger fine then the 3rd being arrested. That Id agree with

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Is it first offence is jail time? I agree with the 1st offence being a fine, second being a bigger fine then the 3rd being arrested. That Id agree with

You have to realize that Chinese laws are Chinese laws and you are judging the worth of these laws from the perspective of an American familiar with American law.

So while it may seem harsh from the perspective of US law Chinese law is different as is their culture.

Not sure about You , but i don't like the sound of that , if there was essentially money being involved & fraudulent blackmailing of some sort or hacking another individuals personal data, then an arrest/prison time would seem justifiable , But for cheating and for a game that has no rewards in reality whatsoever(except feeling good for winning a game) , a form of ban or other form of punishment like stripping them of title & others would've been sufficed as a good warning , using an excuse like an emotional damage for an online game sounds petty and doesn't sound justifiable for huge sentence, it doesn't seem right, at this rate one should sue Microsoft for updates taking too long & making system stuck at certain moments citing emotional damage & work hindrance.

Details separate people.

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

But for cheating and for a game that has no rewards in reality whatsoever(except feeling good for winning a game)

That's where you're wrong though.  The game gives battle points and the battle points are used to buy crates for cosmetic items that have a demand.  It is the reason why the cheating is so prevalent... they're farming these cosmetic items to sell on the secondary market.

1 minute ago, Mattson said:

they're farming these cosmetic items to sell on the secondary market.

Ahh , so there is money involved. didn't know that , thanks.

Details separate people.

31 minutes ago, Mattson said:

What... that's not xenophobia... that's straight up fear.

Xeno = strange or unknown or stranger (as in a person). 

Xenophobia is the fear of something strange or of strangers due to knowing very little about them. Classically, the Greeks were xenophobic of the Romans until they banded together against Persia. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Xeno = strange or unknown or stranger (as in a person). 

Xenophobia is the fear of something strange or of strangers due to knowing very little about them. Classically, the Greeks were xenophobic of the Romans until they banded together against Persia. 

Or, in more recent times, it refers to when someone has nothing to fight with except for labels.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Or, in more recent times, it refers to when someone has nothing to fight with except for labels.

You want to fight?! You've chosen the wrong Avery 5160, motherf#cker! 

Spoiler

5160 is for address labels or similarly small labels. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

You want to fight?! You've chosen the wrong Avery 5160, motherf#cker! 

Hide contents

5160 is for address labels or similarly small labels. 

guess I'm going to get a new pfp brb

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yup if not death by hanging!image.png.f85b7638cacd485dd332ef1e92b3baaa.png

Countries have laws, cant say one law in Canada is better then the next law in China, that is wrong!

You can say some Laws in the UK are better than Saudi however.

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't be arrested for something as innocuous as cheating in a video game. At best (worst?) take steps to ban that person from the game or put cheaters on their own server or some other game related punishment - not imprisonment. And as to the argument that Chinese laws are Chinese laws, I don't care what the country of origin is - laws that make zero sense (in my mind) are idiotic and shouldn't be implemented/enforced. China has the right to create whatever laws they damn well please, but that doesn't suddenly mean those laws are fair and just or free from complaint/criticism. The very idea that someone could serve time just for cheating is just appalling and... horrible. I genuinely feel bad for anyone who actually ends up getting arrested for it, if it ever happens.

10 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't be arrested for something as innocuous as cheating in a video game. At best (worst?) take steps to ban that person from the game or put cheaters on their own server or some other game related punishment - not imprisonment. And as to the argument that Chinese laws are Chinese laws, I don't care what the country of origin is - laws that make zero sense (in my mind) are idiotic and shouldn't be implemented/enforced. China has the right to create whatever laws they damn well please, but that doesn't suddenly mean those laws are fair and just or free from complaint/criticism. The very idea that someone could serve time just for cheating is just appalling and... horrible. I genuinely feel bad for anyone who actually ends up getting arrested for it, if it ever happens.

Yeah but their cheating to farm cosmetic items to resell on secondary markets.  That is a real world tangible impact their cheating has.

2 minutes ago, Mattson said:

Yeah but their cheating to farm cosmetic items to resell on secondary markets.  That is a real world tangible impact their cheating has.

I'm gonna be completely honest - I don't really see the problem with that. If you could explain the significant negative impact of that, great, I'd like to hear it. Unless you mean it's something like the CS:GO gambling thing - but even then I'd say just go after the gambling sites, not the cheaters (legally speaking).

4 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

significant negative impact of that

Hmmm... if you can't see that we need to define some terms.

What, to you, would be a significant negative impact? 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

This is horrible and a huge overreaction. Being a dick in a video game shouldn't be punishable by law. 

I agree, being a dick in a video game shouldn't be punishable by law.

But breaking the law should be punishable by law.  (this is my opinion though and I could be wrong)

18 minutes ago, Mattson said:

Hmmm... if you can't see that we need to define some terms.

What, to you, would be a significant negative impact? 

That's the thing, I can't come up with anything relating to cheating that should warrant an arrest and/or imprisonment.

This is just silly, what they need is a private league where one needs to play X amount of games and reach a certain account level to qualify. 

If they are caught cheating then they get kicked out.

Worked for dota/cs for years so i'm sure it will work in pubg eventually when the structure is set up.

21 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

That's the thing, I can't come up with anything relating to cheating that should warrant an arrest and/or imprisonment.

I didn't ask related to cheating.

I asked what to you is a significant negative impact... give some examples, doesn't have to be related to cheating.

EDIT: Never mind, if you can't find anything negative about cheating then you think cheating is perfectly acceptable and this conversation is moot.

1 minute ago, Mattson said:

I didn't ask related to cheating.

I asked what to you is a significant negative impact... give some examples, doesn't have to be related to cheating.

Like, someone's actions resulting in someone else being injured/killed or becoming bankrupt, or someone's actions resulting in unjustified mass panic, or has a noticeable negative influence in a nation (such as its economy, living standards, or corruption). That about covers why most laws should exist (generally speaking; I may have missed some) - I fail to see how cheating results in any of these types of things, therefore I don't see why someone should be imprisoned for it.

12 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

Like, someone's actions resulting in someone else being injured/killed or becoming bankrupt, or someone's actions resulting in unjustified mass panic, or has a noticeable negative influence in a nation (such as its economy, living standards, or corruption). That about covers why most laws should exist (generally speaking; I may have missed some) - I fail to see how cheating results in any of these types of things, therefore I don't see why someone should be imprisoned for it.

Hmmm.  My question may have been too broad because you're definitely leaving some stuff out and that is partly my fault with the question.

Lets try another approach... I'll try close ended questions this time.

Is cheating wrong?

Jail time really? I understand being angry about cheaters in a game but punishing someone for up to 5 years of their life is overkill. The punishment for this should be the loss of access to the game through an account / IP ban. This is just morally wrong.

2 hours ago, Mattson said:

You have to realize that Chinese laws are Chinese laws and you are judging the worth of these laws from the perspective of an American familiar with American law.

So while it may seem harsh from the perspective of US law Chinese law is different as is their culture.

Didn't say I was confused or thought it was harsh. I was being vague though I should have clarified I mean I'd agree with Fine, Fine, Jail for the U.S.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, Mattson said:

Hmmm.  My question may have been too broad because you're definitely leaving some stuff out and that is partly my fault with the question.

Lets try another approach... I'll try close ended questions this time.

Is cheating wrong?

In a multiplayer game, yeah, it's wrong and can/does hurt the game, but it doesn't actively hurt anyone (and the game is still doing fine sales wise), so I believe any punishment related to it should be limited to within the game - such as a perma-ban/separate server/or some other restriction.