The biggest pc disapointments of yours

Luxanna

I've been digging through my photos and I think this is a really cool topic to talk about! 

The two biggest dissapointments of mine were actually two parts (technically 3 parts) in a row. The first one was SHUT UP! Silent Base 600. From the time I saw the leaks of this case I felt in love with it looks, and when I saw a reviewer selling post review unit for 70$ I insta bought it aaaaaaand it turned out to be the first big dissapointment of my life - until this purchase I was pretty lucky. An i3 540 that could go up to 4,7 GHz, and 660 Ti that could go up to 1251 MHz - not to shabby at all! But why was it bad? Well... Lets begin with the building experience: It has taken me 4 hours... The way you unclip front and top panel is at least dumb... So is the fact you cant remove 5"25 cage, or the cable grommets have a bad cutouts shape (something I didnt think of at all before purchasing this case), the top fan mounting is at least hilarious for a "silent case" - Ive had 2 fans on top and because the metal is so thin they were resonancing making really annoying, loud and deep noise. You might ask: why dont you just remove the fans then? Well... Because even with these fans my GPU was overheating. Without setting the fans to 12 volts I couldnt even play battlefield 3! I said that the top fan mounting plate was thin, and so was the front panel 5"25 cover - compared to the one from Define r4 it looked like an unfunny joke. I could literally bend it without any problems in my hand and if I had put enough pressure I prob could have broken it.

So after 4 weeks I decided its time to sell the case and upgrade my platform because I wanted a new motherboard and oh well just before buying a new mobo for my platform I decided that paying 80$ for P55 mobo (Biostar Tpower i55 - I still love the way this mobo looks like) was a little dumb so I changed my mind and decided to upgrade my platform to LGA1150. The processor of choice was obvious for me - G3258. It was cheap, and it supported overclocking and I could eaisly upgrade it to a 4690k latter down the line. The mobo of choice was meant to be the asus b85 pro gamer but... Just before I bought the seller has sold it so Ive had to change my mind and look for something else - I decided I will buy MSI Z87 G43 and upgrade it to something from gigabyte in a few months. I built my pc, turned it on and immediately went to bios, set the cpu to 4,5 GHz 1,35Volts and it didnt post. I was stunned, but thought that oh well I probably did something wrong - I will OC it later on. So I decided that for now I will oc my memory to 1600 10-10-10-31 @1,65V (something they were able to achieve with an ease) and I disable the fullscreen msi logo... Nothing. I tried disabling just the logo... Nothing. After an hour I was crying on the floor cause this motherboard was a piece of garbage. I decided I will update the bios so I went to msis site and now idk how, but I couldnt find the bios file anywhere and after searching throught internet I find out you have to do this with an external app (and I am glad I didnt use the m-flash utility in bios because in my current mobo Ive had to change the bios flash because its been killed by it when my brother tried to change the bios to the one that supports NVMe protocole! Yes - msis primary tool to update your bios can kill it, gj msi,) ... And I personally hate installing anything on my pc. I remember I ended up with 3 programs which is a pathetic joke from msi's side (ahem https://youtu.be/IDOZwDgScGI ahem). After updating the bios I could finally change something in it so it posts but I still couldnt get the 4,5GHz overclock... So I tried 4 GHz aaaaand it boots! YAY! I tried 4,1 - Still bots! YAY! 4,2 - nothing. Yes ladies and gentlemen - Ive had a G3258 that couldnt eaisly reach 4,2 GHz. I cried again. After hours of watching tutorials I was able to achieve something like 4,2 GHz @1,4Volts but I was tired of this platform. So tired in fact that 1 week later I exchanged with a friend of mine - His DFI Lanparty DK P35 T2RS + 4 gigs of ram + E8400 (which btw I've had lying around but hey - why not have 2 of my favourite cpus of all time) for mine G3258 and Z87 G43. And while I knew it was dumb I hated this platform so much, Ive never been happier of a downgrade before. 

Here are some pics of the parts:

11058201_951384814939521_813979213720976

12593655_951384971606172_321111198071753

12622257_951384634939539_800595481481864

12705402_960962907315045_506875386728660

10669321_960579260686743_397926413859553

12671664_960579254020077_337954465405531

Its all I have.

PC:

• Ryzen 3 3100X @4.4GHz 1.275V
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT with Micron B-Die @3400 CL18-19-17-32 1.35V (I could fine tune it better but I am too lazy)
  • Fortis 3 HE1425 with a top plate painted by me
  • Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
  • Corsair MP600 1TB for Linux (main)
  • Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB for windows
  • Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus
  • Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Peripherials:

• IBM Model F AT
  • Logitech G603 which I currently broke (I need some super glue to fix it, lol) so I am using G402 as a cheapo replacement
  • Worn out Steelseries QCK+
  • Sennheiser HD600 for music
  • AKG K712 for gaming
  • Sony DHC-MD373
  • 2x Samsung Syncmaster 2243 + NEC EA244WMi

Yeaaaaa that msi board wasn't good. But it was cheap.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 disappointments for me

My first PC comes with C2Q Q9400 and MSI G41M Combo. I tried to upgrade its 4GB DDR3 to 8GB by adding another stick, but it turns out it can't use new sticks which are more narrow.

The next comes after I replaced most of that with a i5-4460, Asus H81M Plus, DDR3 I already got, SSD, HDD, new PSU and RX 470. I got bad fps when I want games to run at 1080p very high settings. Since the mining craze just bloomed out of nowhere I sold the RX 470 and got an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X. That's when I found out the 2themax case (I dont know or care about its model) can only hold a card up to 267mm long (same as reference cards), but the MSI card is 11mm too long and wouldnt fit. As you expected, I couldnt remove the drive cage without power tools and even if I did, there's no space for my storage drives. I tried looking for a new case, but it just so happens that used PC cases sold in my area cost are unreasonably high, so I ditched that idea. Instead I found an Asus 1070 Dual sold by someone who wants a Gaming X to get a matching card in an SLI setup.

The third one is playing games with the 1070. CPU bottleneck causes fps to only improve by 5-10% in general, even lagging behind in Hitman 2017. I ran out of money at this point and I'm about to finish high school and there's a serious exam waiting, so I'll leave the CPU (most likely mobo and RAM as well) upgrade after that (7 months later)

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I guess my biggest disappointment was the Rosewill Thor case where I had gotten three defective cases in a row. I really liked that chassis but simply could not really use any of the ones I had received.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

My first PC comes with C2Q Q9400 and MSI G41M Combo. I tried to upgrade its 4GB DDR3 to 8GB by adding another stick, but it turns out it can't use new sticks which are more narrow.

I've had a different problem on my actual mobo - 2 of my 2gb ram sticks didnt want to work so I have to live with 12 gigs instead of 14 gigs of ram. :C 

PC:

• 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT with Micron B-Die @3400 CL18-19-17-32 1.35V (I could fine tune it better but I am too lazy)

Peripherials:

• IBM Model F AT
  • Logitech G603 which I currently broke (I need some super glue to fix it, lol) so I am using G402 as a cheapo replacement
  • AKG K712 for gaming
  • Sony DHC-MD373

My biggest disappointment was when I built my little sister her first real gaming rig.

I had built my first rig a year or two earlier after 5 years of saving up and it was a god machine. My sister after seeing this finally put together enough to replace her own computer and I had me spec and build within her budget since I had a knack for researching these things.

For the first time ever I chose to build with AMD because for ~$300 I could buy a processor that on paper was roughly equivalent to my own 3970x this was of course the FX-9590. The outrageous 220w tdp was easy enough to deal with but what I had failed to realize was that only 5 or so motherboards on the market could handle the power requirements of this hunk of junk processor. So I built the system turn it on and everything works as intended, and for a time my sister played a lot of classic titles like Age of Empires 2, Roller coaster tycoon among others and these of course ran great but fast forward 2 years later she finally picks up Skyrim and the random crashes begin.

Of course this being Skyrim and I myself a massive mod user crashing is a normal daily occurrence but after awhile of playing with a dead stock build of Skyrim and crashing I installed a few other newer titles and came to realize that once the processor load got to a certain point which changed constantly the system would crash and shut down.

To this day my sister is still using this rig because she hasn't had the money to replace it and neither have I. To my greater shame I would probably still side with AMD simply because she doesn't need the bleeding edge performance that I expect out of my own personal rig.

All that said I learned from the whole incident not only to not fully trust the paper specs in comparison to real world results but to be wary of AMD tenancy to use the same socket for long periods of time as it introduces compatibility issues that I otherwise don't face with Intel.

I hope for Christmas to get a replacement 1700x or 1800x if I can manage it with a good motherboard so she can at least have a fully stable system and I can forgive myself for my oversight.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

2 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

My biggest disappointment was when I built my little sister her first real gaming rig.

I had built my first rig a year or two earlier after 5 years of saving up and it was a god machine. My sister after seeing this finally put together enough to replace her own computer and I had me spec and build within her budget since I had a knack for researching these things.

For the first time ever I chose to build with AMD because for ~$300 I could buy a processor that on paper was roughly equivalent to my own 3970x this was of course the FX-9590. The outrageous 220w tdp was easy enough to deal with but what I had failed to realize was that only 5 or so motherboards on the market could handle the power requirements of this hunk of junk processor. So I built the system turn it on and everything works as intended, and for a time my sister played a lot of classic titles like Age of Empires 2, Roller coaster tycoon among others and these of course ran great but fast forward 2 years later she finally picks up Skyrim and the random crashes begin.

Of course this being Skyrim and I myself a massive mod user crashing is a normal daily occurrence but after awhile of playing with a dead stock build of Skyrim and crashing I installed a few other newer titles and came to realize that once the processor load got to a certain point which changed constantly the system would crash and shut down.

To this day my sister is still using this rig because she hasn't had the money to replace it and neither have I. To my greater shame I would probably still side with AMD simply because she doesn't need the bleeding edge performance that I expect out of my own personal rig.

All that said I learned from the whole incident not only to not fully trust the paper specs in comparison to real world results but to be wary of AMD tenancy to use the same socket for long periods of time as it introduces compatibility issues that I otherwise don't face with Intel.

I hope for Christmas to get a replacement 1700x or 1800x if I can manage it with a good motherboard so she can at least have a fully stable system and I can forgive myself for my oversight.

Well yeah... If it was a gaming rig you should have chosen something from i5 lineup imo. Maybe this time around you also should have chosen something like ryzen 5? I dont think she is going to utilize 8 core / 16 thread monster. 

PC:

Peripherials:

• IBM Model F AT
  • AKG K712 for gaming
  • Sony DHC-MD373

3 minutes ago, Luxanna said:

Well yeah... If it was a gaming rig you should have chosen something from i5 lineup imo. Maybe this time around you also should have chosen something like ryzen 5? I dont think she is going to utilize 8 core / 16 thread monster. 

I told her I would give her something that would last at least 5 years before needing a upgrade so that would be too big of a compromise in my book not knowing what her needs might change to in the coming years. I learned early on buying power now rather then later is much cheaper in the long run.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

On 9/17/2017 at 7:47 AM, Luxanna said:

SHUT UP! Silent Base 600.

???

That reminds me, I kinda like the name of this Schiit-ty audio company. :P I wonder if/when @LinusTech might ever do a video about them, where he pronounces their name frequently in the video xD (or has he, and I missed it or forgot about it?)

On 9/17/2017 at 8:09 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

I guess my biggest disappointment was the Rosewill Thor case where I had gotten three defective cases in a row. I really liked that chassis but simply could not really use any of the ones I had received.

I have the Thor V2, and I'm deciding I don't like it for different reasons.  It doesn't have enough HDD bays (and the trays that are there aren't compatible with the screw mounts on my 8TB HGST NAS drives, which are missing the middle screw holes on each side), has limited or no AIO radiator support (in case I want to add one), is turning out to be physically too big for where I want to put it, among other things.

One huge disappointment for me is motherboards breaking compatibility over relatively short time. :( I want to be able to buy a board now, and be able to upgrade RAM, CPU, etc, for the next 10-15 or more years, without having to get a new board.

Going from ISA -> PCI -> PCIe might have been okay times to upgrade, like, when there were big performance/capacity jumps.

I do wish there'd be a lot more headroom on things, like PCIe bandwidth, RAM capacity, etc.  Look at the maximum volume size of GPT, for example, compared to the largest hard drive you can buy today.  (8 ZiB vs 12 TB.)

I'd at least like to have a motherboard last long enough (and still be upgradeable to the end) so that ...

If someone is using a SeaSonic 1200W Prime Platinum PSU to power their system:

• Celeron G3930T, with bclk = 90 MHz, multiplier = 8, vcore = 0.7 override or -0.5 offset (or whatever the lowest still-stable is)
  • 1 stick of Corsair Dominator Platinum (or G.Skill Trident Z) DDR4-4266 (or highest available) RAM, underclocked to 2133 or the lowest possible
  • a 500GB SATA SSD
  • integrated graphics (no discrete GPU)
  • only using it very lightly (like running Linux, light web browsing and office work with all the eye candy turned off, etc)
  • with the computer / PSU being kept in an environment somewhere between -20°C and 10°C (or like northern Canada / Russia / Europe, or Antarctica, in winter at night)

They'd have to replace that PSU at least twice or 3x, because it died of old age, before I'd have to replace my motherboard even once. :/ ... :P

And speaking of upgrades, I miss the rapid improvements we had in my childhood.  My dad went from like a 286-10 to a 486-120 in 6 years, and it was like 70x faster at 1/3 the price.  Also storage capacity upgrades were pretty fast.  He (or my bro on some purchases) paid $340 for a 40MB hard drive in 1989, $325 for 540MB in 1994, $300 for 1.6GB in 1995, $369 for 6.4GB in 1997, $254 for 6.4GB in 1998, and $309 for 13.6GB in 1998.  I'm sure there were other situations where we had rapid improvements across the board as well.

(On an I-guess-somewhat-related note, I don't understand people who complain about a new product rendering their just-bought existing product obsolete, like an 8700K obsoleting a 7700K.  From what info I have from back in the day (part memory, part research), a single generation upgrade might have been like going from like a Q6600 to a 1950X in one jump, I think.)

I've never been really disappointed in any PC hardware I purchased, however I have made some dumb buying decisions.

12/13 year old me purchased:

• Corsair CX430 (Green) PSU - Wasn't bad for what I used it for though
  • R7 240 (See LTT's video) - Was still satisfied with 1280x1024 performance
  • Picked LGA775 Pentium w/ 2GB of RAM instead of Athlon X2 with upgrade path - Didn't know enough to care

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I haven't been disappointed, though I cut a corner or two I should probably remedy whenever I stop procrastinating. My PSU (Thermaltake TR2) could be better, though I'm only running a GTX 960 and a locked i5, so ehh. I could also throw in more SSD than my 128GB one. I also want to increase my RAM some, though prices and lack of future platform support for DDR3 serve as strong deterrents.

Edit: Keep in mind I upgraded from a laptop with a dual Arrandale i5 and an over locked Radeon 5450 GPU. Disappointment wasn't exactly the first thing to come to mind.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

My MSI laptop.

Shit build quality.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

MSI P67A-GD53 ... Ram slots went on it... 

CanTauSces: x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~ Corsair RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

My Xeon that will not OC over 3.6ghz, no matter what. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

When I bought my first real GPU (a gigabyte 750ti) and it died in TWO MONTHS. Yeah, and they refused to send me another because it was "out of warranty" - as it seens, for gigabyte it is the users fault if their product suffers corrosion after two months, as if that is possible -.-

Well, obviously the problem was in the fabrication phase, but anyway I got nothing. Have been using a EVGA 750ti for two years now and Im never buying gigabyte again.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Wall of text goes hard here.

Guess my only real disappointment was when my SSD died. Was used for like a year and three months, was a pool ol' PNY CS1111 240GB drive I bought in late November 2015 that died in February 2017.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Spending 200$ on a motherboard only to realize the software to control the fans, temps and rgb was coded by a 4 year old.

Seems to be the norm trend tho for all software regarding hardware manufacturers. NZXT, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI  I'm looking at you !!! 

My only real dissapointment is when the news broke about the 970 and its super slow, almost unusable last 1/2gb of RAM, beinging to essentailly 3.5GB of Vram available. In every game except GTAV, however, this wasn't a problem since I was doing 144hz 1080p gaming, so a short lived dissapointment

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1, AMD not choosing to match Intel AVX performance

2, MSI value enthusiast boards (cheaper Z170), lack of bios updates, lack of newer Windows version support for RGB functions

3, Custom loop watercooling pumps having just that little bit more vibration than I'd like and can't damp out adequately...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Buying my GTX 950.  You're probably wondering, how is this a disappointment, the 950 was a pretty decent card considering the price. 

Because not much longer, I picked up a 780 for the same exact price, turned around and sold the 950.

This is more being disappointed in myself than in the PC itself, because the 950 ain't a bad card... just that for the same price, the 780 is better, even though it's older.  It kicks it's ass, by a lot.

I mean, I made up the cost of the 950 when selling it, but I'm just disappointed I jumped on the 950 instead of waiting to look on eBay for the 780.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1. The first Corsair AIO I bought (crap GUI). In fairness the 'i' version was much better.

2. The Corsair MP500 NVMe which was faulty and wasted my time. Replaced with Samsung Evo.

3. Not sure I have a 3rd...hmm, if I did, it would probably be Corsair :-)

I‘m really disappointed with intels decision to not support coffee lake-s CPUs on 200 series mainboards.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

Going from a core duo to a core 2 duo. $10 though, and it was not worth. Same performance but 64 bit.

Going from a R9 380 to a GTX 1070. I don't even game anymore, it's a basic 4k Windows and Chrome video adapter.

Going from iOS 8.3 to iOS 9.3.3. I don't even know why I updated my iPad Air, but I did.. RIP untethered jailbreak.

Windows 10. I thought it was going to be much better than Windows 8. Nope

Siri. I thought it would be able to recolonize my voice

Kaby lake. The same as fucking skylake. 

iPhone X. I wanted something that looked like the S8 or Note 8 but well.. Apple. 

iPhone 8. I wanted the bezels to be smaller on this against the iPhone 7, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6.

iPhone 7. The fucking same as the 6s but without a headphone jack, and an actual home button.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Cheap power supplies. i was young and stupid.

Letting my brother borrow my Saitek Eclipse keyboard. now it's only help together by ducktape.

Not getting into bitcoin when it was still possible to make profit with regular cpu mining. too late for me to get into it now.

Coolermaster Hyper 212Xs mounting system. When I apply a little blob of thermal paste on CPU, I have one shot to mount the cooler. So far I haven't been able to mount it the way to spread the paste evenly on the CPU IHS. Because there is a little knob on the mount, that fits into small hole in the bottom part (you know,the part that has contact with CPU). Its just sits there and that makes it very wobbly. Mounting screws are about 1~2mm above the plate so you have to make contact with the plate and thermal paste and pray that you don't need to move it a little to fit the screws. I tried it three times, never got it right.