Xbox One X(Scorpio) Launches Nov. 7

tsk
2 minutes ago, MysticLTT said:

Makes me wonder, what if they can use a $200 GPU to spit out good looking games at 4k, what the hell are we doing with our Master Race thousand dollars machines. An enthusiast strives for efficiency, yet we are building a Frankenstein that uses a brute force to drive games, sucks money and resources.

Semi-custom GPUs & CPUs. On-package interconnects between them. Fully specialized hardware to do nothing but play games.  Whereas with a normal CPU & GPU you can play a game, write a book, encode a video, make music, solve massive mathematics equations, operate another computer via a Net-viewer or play Minesweeper. 

It's the difference between "general compute" systems, which we use, and specifically built hardware. It's the reason there's 100s of millions of "devices" running Linux.

2 minutes ago, MysticLTT said:

Makes me wonder, what if they can use a $200 GPU to spit out good looking games at 4k, what the hell are we doing with our Master Race thousand dollars machines. An enthusiast strives for efficiency, yet we are building a Frankenstein that uses a brute force to drive games, sucks money and resources.

Because in order to do that, they have to make compromises in other areas.  Lower quality textures, reduced settings, etc.  The whole point of gaming on PC is to get the best looking visuals AND high resolutions, not just "good enough" visuals (I say, as someone who still games at 1080p, heh).

I watched the reveal, it was interesting. Not as many AAA games at launch as I'd like, but at least they have backwards compatibility on their side this time. I'll probably end up getting one on Black Friday if they have a sale. 

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, Halo ended for me after Halo 3, after they removed split screen they killed the franchise. 

Halo 5 was pretty spot on. Wasn't a fan of anything between 2 (maaybe 3) and 5 though. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Halo 5 was pretty spot on. Wasn't a fan of anything between 2 (maaybe 3) and 5 though. 

no split screen is a big killer for me, the story seems boring also the visual downgrade, or it might just be nostalgia that keeping me from liking it.   

downgrade 

I'm considering getting one simply for the player, i cant think of any X-Box exclusive games that interest me.  I just wish the top tier Playstation had the same player because i absolutely have to have one of them for The Last of Us and some other exclusives. 

Also, they should have just stuck with Scorpio, X-Box One X sounds stupid. 

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Because in order to do that, they have to make compromises in other areas.  Lower quality textures, reduced settings, etc.  The whole point of gaming on PC is to get the best looking visuals AND high resolutions, not just "good enough" visuals (I say, as someone who still games at 1080p, heh).

Along with absolutely thousands of combinations of hardware that's all modular essentially.

It's impossible to get the same low level optimisations for that since it's not a single unified hardware spec across all computers.

Also because so few developers on the PC are actually using DX12/Vulkan as the minimum low level baseline for their current game development. We still mostly get DX11 core games with DX12 wrapped onto that and yet they claim "DX12" games then. Despite it not being the baseline. That goes back to the massive hardware combinations and differences. The common denominator on PC is still DX11 for now. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

i'd still say you can tweak games to run 4K30 on something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sLQZ7h

And that's only 70 bucks above the MSRP of the xbonex. But it can also choose to run some games at 60 by sacrificing resolution or fidelity (or both). What does this machine have that makes it worth $499, i'm not seeing it.

Spec seem like low power FX CPU along custom RX580 with different CU/clocks for power.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, Halo ended for me after Halo 3, after they removed split screen they killed the franchise. 

Sad though. I grew up playing on the original Xbox and the 360 when at the time consoles were pretty decent when stacked up to PC's. Now the consoles are always a generation or a few generations behind PC hardware.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

X Box One X

Clever_Girl.gif

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

50 minutes ago, Majestic said:

And that's only 70 bucks above the MSRP of the xbonex. But it can also choose to run some games at 60 by sacrificing resolution or fidelity (or both). What does this machine have that makes it worth $499, i'm not seeing it.

You forgot one little fact

This is a game console plus a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player that supports Dolby Atmos surround sound and HDR10 high dynamic range color

FYI, a cheapest 4K UHD BD player with the same spec above will set you back for about $270

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

55 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

You forgot one little fact

This is a game console plus a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player that supports Dolby Atmos surround sound and HDR10 high dynamic range color

FYI, a cheapest 4K UHD BD player with the same spec above will set you back for about $270

580 can output HDR10 content aswell. And you assume people care about both blu-ray and games in the vast majority of use-case scenario's

Well, I have no time to play games anyways so whatever. I rather focus on my studies. Informatics is hard enough because I am not smart. :|

12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

580 can output HDR10 content aswell. And you assume people care about both blu-ray and games in the vast majority of use-case scenario's

Well I mostly think that people who buy the Xbox will also care for 4K blu-ray too right?

Else they would get a PS4 instead

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

You also forget a 1TB HDD.

13 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

WE NEED TO DISCUSS WHAT REALLY MATTERS HERE!!!

....Are we we calling this thing 'XBX' or XOX'?

How about XBOX ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

edit: just saw someone else already thought of this, dang

I am pretty sure that the Scorpio can do 4K 60FPS with low settings, since the RX 460 can do 4K 30FPS with low settings :D

The Scorpio's GPU is almost 2x faster than the 460 and games are also better optimized

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

10 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I am pretty sure that the Scorpio can do 4K 60FPS with low settings

No, because the CPU is weak. The reason they went for 4K is because that is a growing market and it meant they only had to upgrade the GPU and RAM.

It's still a 30fps machine, and it will not have a plethora of 1080p60 options just like the PS4 Pro.

Just now, Majestic said:

No, because the CPU is weak. The reason they went for 4K is because that is a growing market and it meant they only had to upgrade the GPU and RAM.

It's still a 30fps machine, and it will not have a plethora of 1080p60 options just like the PS4 Pro.

Yeah, I think they have done some proprietary shit to minimize CPU load, but in games like GTA V, Watch_dogs 2 the CPU will definitely be a bottleneck, which makes me think, why on earth did they not use Ryzen? O.o

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Except from the fact that the CPU you have chosen is wrong, the board is wrong and doesn't have Wifi which Xbox will, its either a customised version of an RX 580 as it has a few more CU units and a higher memory bandwidth and you forgot to add storage. It also has an Ultra Bluray player included of which the cheapest standalone UHD bluray player you can find is around $350 on its own.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

1 minute ago, Eniqmatic said:

Except from the fact that the CPU you have chosen is wrong, the board is wrong and doesn't have Wifi which Xbox will, its either a customised version of an RX 580 as it has a few more CU units and a higher memory bandwidth and you forgot to add storage.

The RX 580 has more TFLOPs, because it's clocked higher so performance should be the same

Just now, Eniqmatic said:

Except from the fact that the CPU you have chosen is wrong, the board is wrong and doesn't have Wifi which Xbox will, its either a customised version of an RX 580 as it has a few more CU units and a higher memory bandwidth and you forgot to add storage.

Define "wrong"? It will run all games at 30fps, some even 60fps. Just like that jaguar in the xbox will.

And I'm not saying you will be able to build a custom device at the same price as a bulk unit. The commentary is, why buy the xbox over the PC. What does the xbox offer except bulletpoints gimmicks that would grab the attention. And don't give me stats, or dolby crap. It should be glaringly obvious or your argument will fail.