Xbox One X(Scorpio) Launches Nov. 7

tsk
Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

The RX 580 has more TFLOPs, because it's clocked higher

Yep for sure I'm not denying that, I'm pointing out that the guy can't try to put together a build by guessing and claim that an equivelent PC comes in at the same price. Which it doesn't.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

And that's only 70 bucks above the MSRP of the xbonex.

Don't you have to pay like $50 for the Xbox live subscription? So it's only $20 above the price of a Scorpio :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Majestic said:

Define "wrong"? It will run all games at 30fps, some even 60fps. Just like that jaguar in the xbox will.

And I'm not saying you will be able to build a custom device at the same price as a bulk unit. The commentary is, why buy the xbox over the PC. What does the xbox offer except bulletpoints gimmicks that would grab the attention. And don't give me stats, or dolby crap. It should be glaringly obvious or your argument will fail.

Your missing the point, I'm not saying the CPU can't handle it, I'm saying you've tried to put together a PC that isn't using the same or equivalent parts so that the price will look better. Not saying it can't be done, just saying you haven't done this.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Don't you have to pay like $50 for the Xbox live subscription? So it's only $20 above the price of a Scorpio :D

It is not a requirement to use the system so not really. I edited my above comment BTW to include UHD Bluray player also.

Just now, Eniqmatic said:

It is not a requirement to use the system so not really.

Yes it is... At least for most people :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Yes it is... At least for most people :D

You said "Don't you HAVE to pay" - no you don't HAVE to pay for Xbox Live subscription.

4 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Your missing the point, I'm not saying the CPU can't handle it, I'm saying you've tried to put together a PC that isn't using the same or equivalent parts so that the price will look better. Not saying it can't be done, just saying you haven't done this.

This comment makes absolutely no fucking sense. So I forgot a drive and that puts it maybe $100 over the xbox price (but then there is, as pcguy apty mentioned, xbox live, plus the higher purchase costs of games, the economics are fairly moot). It's still not an argument.

5 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Yep for sure I'm not denying that, I'm pointing out that the guy can't try to put together a build by guessing and claim that an equivelent PC comes in at the same price. Which it doesn't.

Stop beating around the bush and argue over a few dollars. It's simply just not the $2000 vs. 500 hyperbole everyone makes it out to be. You can get similar-ish performance out of a equally priced custom box. So name the obvious glaring bonus that limiting box has over the PC. Because take into consideration that  on a PC you have a much cheaper and extensive library and you can use it as an HTPC with more features aswell.

What is the feature. 

To make the question even better. Why buy this over a regular XBOX One S

You said "Don't you HAVE to pay" - no you don't HAVE to pay for Xbox Live subscription.

You don't have to pay, but it pretty much is a requirement, because most people want to play online with other people...... 

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

This comment makes absolutely no fucking sense. So I forgot a drive and that puts it maybe $100 over the xbox price (but then there is, as pcguy apty mentioned, xbox live, plus the higher purchase costs of games, the economics are fairly moot). It's still not an argument.

Stop beating around the bush and argue over a few dollars. It's simply just not the $2000 vs. 500 hyperbole everyone makes it out to be. You can get similar-ish performance out of a equally priced custom box. So name the obvious glaring bonus that limiting box has over the PC. Because take into consideration that  on a PC you have a much cheaper and extensive library and you can use it as an HTPC with more features aswell.

What is the feature. 

To make the question even better. Why buy this over a regular XBOX One S

Please tell me, how much is a UHD Bluray drive for PC? Don't say "I don't use it" as that's not the point. Please also re-do your PC part picker list with the drive and an 8-core CPU and it will look much better, no need to get all touchy about it I'm simply pointing out your list wasn't really equivalent, I'm not saying the Xbox is something I would buy in the slightest. 

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You don't have to pay, but it pretty much is a requirement, because most people want to play online with other people...... 

Look up the definition of "requirement" it says "a thing that is compulsory; a necessary condition" which is something that Xbox live is not, can the Xbox play games without Xbox live?

Look up the definition of "requirement" it says "a thing that is compulsory; a necessary condition" which is something that Xbox live is not, can the Xbox play games without Xbox live?

Yes, I know, I am just saying that for a lot of people it is a requirement, because you NEED Xbox live for multiplayer. Yeah, if all you want to do is play games offline, it's not a requirement but I think that very few people do not care about online multiplayer.....

3 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Please tell me, how much is a UHD Bluray drive for PC? Don't say "I don't use it" as that's not the point. Please also re-do your PC part picker list with the drive and an 8-core CPU and it will look much better, no need to get all touchy about it I'm simply pointing out your list wasn't really equivalent, I'm not saying the Xbox is something I would buy in the slightest. 

Why do I have to put in an 8 core CPU, you said this now 3 times without ever explaining why. Noone is upset, you're just being intentionally thick.

So you're saying the feature as to why people should buy an XBOX One X is the added blu-ray drive? 

Just now, Majestic said:

Why do I have to put in an 8 core CPU, you said this now 3 times without ever explaining why. Noone is upset, you're just being intentionally thick.

So you're saying the feature as to why people should buy an XBOX One X is the added blu-ray drive? 

I'm afraid it is you who is missing the point. To dumb it down for you, I am not saying your CPU is better/worse than and AMD 8 core, it has literally nothing to do with that. I am saying, put in equivalent parts to get a better idea of price. Christ.

Did I say it was feature worth buying it? I am still talking about price, something you can't seem to get your head around.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

One reason I would get the Xbox one X is the UHD Blu Ray drive. If I ever get one It is for that reason alone.

The reason why my parents got a PS3 around the time of it release was due to BD support. no one ever played games on it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

One reason I would get the Xbox one X is the UHD Blu Ray drive. If I ever get one It is for that reason alone.

The reason why my parents got a PS3 around the time of it release was due to BD support. no one ever played games on it.

I have to agree, as a member of another very popular AV forum, I know many many people who bought the Xbox One S purely for the UHD Bluray aspect, as for the money it is simply unmatched when compared to standalone players which do not have nearly the functionality.

6 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

I'm afraid it is you who is missing the point. To dumb it down for you, I am not saying your CPU is better/worse than and AMD 8 core, it has literally nothing to do with that. I am saying, put in equivalent parts to get a better idea of price. Christ.

Did I say it was feature worth buying it? I am still talking about price, something you can't seem to get your head around.

And why does it make more sense exactly? That's the fourth time you made the same claim without explaining it. Maybe the reason you need to "dumb it down" is because the argument doesn't make any logical sense. You're comparing a SoC to two seperate chips (GPU/CPU). There will never BE an equivalent. So it's a moot point.

No you're constantly goalpost shifting, and blame me for pointing it out. Again, why should someone buy the XBOX One X over either a PC or an XBOX One S. It makes no sense from a value perspective, not so much if the price justifies the hardware. It's a $499 console, with all the limitations that includes.

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Surely you can get UHD blu ray drives for less than $499?

Just now, Majestic said:

And why does it make more sense exactly? That's the fourth time you made the same claim without explaining it. Maybe the reason you need to "dumb it down" is because the argument doesn't make any logical sense. You're comparing a SoC to two seperate chips (GPU/CPU). There will never BE an equivalent. So it's a moot point.

No you're constantly goalpost shifting, and blame me for pointing it out. Again, why should someone buy the XBOX One X over either a PC or an XBOX One S.

It makes no sense from a value perspective, not so much if the price justifies the hardware. It's a $499 console, with all the limitations that includes.

Obviously it makes more sense because it is more equivalent in terms of rough price to compare 8 Core AMD FX plus motherboard than it is to compare a dual core Intel CPU, one of the cheapest CPU and boards you could find so it would look better for your argument.

If you could show me where I shifted the goalposts that would be great? I have to disagree with you, I think the hardware they have managed to get into this is actually pretty good value, when you work out the true value of things that is...

Obviously it makes more sense because it is more equivalent in terms of rough price to compare 8 Core AMD FX plus motherboard than it is to compare a dual core Intel CPU, one of the cheapest CPU and boards you could find so it would look better for your argument.

If you could show me where I shifted the goalposts that would be great? I have to disagree with you, I think the hardware they have managed to get into this is actually pretty good value, when you work out the true value of things that is...

And you would have me swap out the CPU for an equally performing 8 core just to inflate the price by double, making your argument easier. Pot, meet kettle. And I actually have a foundation for my choice, you don't other than simply trying a cheap strawman. Mine is simply because it does the job. And it's a 4threaded CPU.

Again, it might be $499 worth of hardware, but to whom is this well-spent money. I can select a random set of hardware that would be worth $499 on pcpartpicker, but that doesn't make it a good setup or worth the investment. What does that box offer over the $599 PC that performs equally and plays the same games (win10/xbox share the same library), or the $249 xbox that plays the same games for half the price? 

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No you're constantly goalpost shifting, and blame me for pointing it out. Again, why should someone buy the XBOX One X over either a PC or an XBOX One S. It makes no sense from a value perspective, not so much if the price justifies the hardware. It's a $499 console, with all the limitations that includes.

Surely you can get UHD blu ray drives for less than $499?

A UHD BD player is $250 for a Samsung BD player or a Xbox one S, I would rather bump it up to a X if I was getting something for a TV, either way I would get a Xbox.

I am not sure about PC drives, but seeing how crappy BD was supported on PC I wouldn't bother with it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, Majestic said:

And you would have me swap out the CPU for an equally performing 8 core just to inflate the price by double, making your argument easier. Pot, meet kettle. And I actually have a foundation for my choice, you don't other than simply trying a cheap strawman. Mine is simply because it does the job. And it's a 4threaded CPU.

Again, it might be $499 worth of hardware, but to whom is this well-spent money. I can select a random set of hardware that would be worth $499 on pcpartpicker, but that doesn't make it a good setup or worth the investment. What does that box offer over the $599 PC that performs equally and plays the same games (win10/xbox share the same library), or the $249 xbox that plays the same games for half the price? 

Once again proving you cannot seem to understand, I've literally said nothing on performance I have said multiple times talking PRICE only. I am not saying your CPU performs worse, I am saying it isn't an equivalent price. But you keep harping on about performance.

And again, I am not advocating it is a good buy, I'm saying you were trying to compare price of Xbox to price of a PC with the same hardware, except it wasn't the same hardware was it...

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Here you go, I have edited your list to add in a harddrive and a bluray drive (keeping your cheaper CPU which you can't seem to let go off), is this what you would call the same price as the xbox?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kwrV9W

@Majestic

• Ease of use 
  • Split screen
  • Exclusives
  • UHD Blu-Ray
  • Size

Consoles have basically always only made sense for the subset of people that care about something that is simpler to use and offers better local split screen along with the exclusives they care about. 

5 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Once again proving you cannot seem to understand, I've literally said nothing on performance I have said multiple times talking PRICE only. I am not saying your CPU performs worse, I am saying it isn't an equivalent price. But you keep harping on about performance.

And again, I am not advocating it is a good buy, I'm saying you were trying to compare price of Xbox to price of a PC with the same hardware, except it wasn't the same hardware was it...

The point of the comparison was to compare what $500 gets you with an Xbox X vs. a similarly priced PC. Although he should have also added in an HDD, wifi, and the cost of windows+peripherals.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

@Majestic

• Ease of use 
  • Split screen
  • Exclusives
  • UHD Blu-Ray
  • Size

Consoles have basically always only made sense for the subset of people that care about something that is simpler to use and offers better local split screen along with the exclusives they care about. 

The point of the comparison was to compare what $500 gets you with an Xbox X vs. with a PC. Although he should have also added in an HDD, wifi, and the cost of windows+peripherals.

That's my point, he failed to make an equivalent comparison but he thought he did. Good point about the cost of peripherals and OS which in that case blows the cash comparison out of the water.

That's my point, he failed to make an equivalent comparison but he thought he did. Good point about the cost of peripherals and OS which in that case blows the cash comparison out of the water.

He doesn't need to use some POS 8 core to make it equivalent. The CPU choice was fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

He doesn't need to use some POS 8 core to make it equivalent. The CPU choice was fine. 

For the 4th time, I'm not saying his CPU choice wouldn't have worked.