I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry

OMG there's 5g coming out but here in the PH 4g isn't even available nationwide. Anyways great contents in all of your vids linus hopefully i could contribute to your channel in the near future.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

7 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

hey i have got one question. i want to watch your content add free and support you directly. do you make more money out of a single vessel view or a single youtube view?

because i dont know if i should wait for youtube red in my country or just go with vessel now.

Truthfully I don't know. 

We do our best to monetize the content we make because once you have employees who need regular paycheques there's no such thing as not worrying about that stuff. 

But we also at the end of the day care most about people just watching our videos. 

I've had people message me apologizing that they download our videos and watch them offline because YT buffers constantly in their country and they are on 512kbit or whatever and my only response is "thanks for watching"

So don't stress about it. Watch on the service you like best. 

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

We can't get into specifics in terms of $/view, so I would just say use whatever platform suits you best. Views are all worth a lot to us (in many more ways that strictly $$).

If you're looking for an ad-free service, Vessel is there already, YT Red is yet to be announced in most regions.

i dont care about exact numbers and i think both platforms are equal. i just want to support you guys. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

i dont care about exact numbers and i think both platforms are equal. i just want to support you guys. 

Then just watch it wherever is best for you :) at the end of the day the difference for us is not significant enough to strongly lean either way.

Just now, nicklmg said:

Then just watch it wherever is best for you :) at the end of the day the difference for us is not significant enough to strongly lean either way.

thanks. i think since yt red isnt a thing i will probably go for vessel. 

thanks for your time. i hope you keep producing those awesome videos for a long time. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Just now, ChrisCross said:

thanks. i think since yt red isnt a thing i will probably go for vessel. 

thanks for your time. i hope you keep producing those awesome videos for a long time. 

We hope so too :)

Just now, LinusTech said:

So bottom line is this. I screwed up the way I communicated "LMG content", which was meant to be content funded BY Linus Media Group rather than content funded entirely by and licensed to a 3rd party, and I screwed up in a MUCH bigger way the LACK of communication about this project. Sorry guys.

I find it really funny that this needed to be communicated. As you so eloquently put @LinusTech "wherever consumers are directing their eyeballs, that is where brands want to put their products." Now I don't know hardly anything about making videos or advertising, and even less about LMG, but I think it's safe to assume that most of your income comes from advertising space. The more viewers the more money, so you don't want to go anywhere. On top of that, there are more people on Youtube than Vessel currently, so advertisers don't want to go anywhere else either.

Beyond that, this is really just a free service that yall are putting on for us (the viewers) and it irks me that people get so up in arms when anything with it even remotely looks like it's going to change.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Never seriously considering getting vessel until all this came up, have now started my free month. 

I am a huge fan and I hope the channel continues moving forward and doing great things.

4 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I find it really funny that this needed to be communicated. As you so eloquently put @LinusTech "wherever consumers are directing their eyeballs, that is where brands want to put their products." Now I don't know hardly anything about making videos or advertising, and even less about LMG, but I think it's safe to assume that most of your income comes from advertising space. The more viewers the more money, so you don't want to go anywhere. On top of that, there are more people on Youtube than Vessel currently, so advertisers don't want to go anywhere else either.

Beyond that, this is really just a free service that yall are putting on for us (the viewers) and it irks me that people get so up in arms when anything with it even remotely looks like it's going to change.

For one hes not doing this as a "free service", its a job for him.

And the issue wasnt that it looked like it was going to change, the issue was it was perceived that linus was going back on his word when he made the initial vessel disclaimers, that's what was pissing people off.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

a-mans-gotta-eat.jpg

LMG is a business, its as simple as that. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Absolutley no need for @LinusSebastian or anyone else from the LinusMediaGroup to explain themselves. Keep up the good work, the high quality of content and great sense of humor that you've been providing us all with - mostly free of charge - for the past half of a decade.

8139585abd5d0358c12eb1116704e396.jpg

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

I was glad to receive news letter, I just was happy that you got contract and was able to do something what otherwise you would not do in such level! Happy for you! Keep up the good work!

When I see "fuck vessel" all I see are entitled product-sponge trolls.  Just sounds like people are butt-hurt that they might lose their free stuff.  "OMG, they gonna take our internet welfare!"

Most of the stuff LMG makes is still the same.  They do a one-off project for Vessel that Vessel owns and ya'll lose your collective minds.

Let's be honest, you guys aren't going to unsubscribe... no one is producing content of this quality at this rate.  I love Paul and Kyle, but they are single man operations.  Dmitiri and Jay are tolerable, but their content selection has been very questionable at best.  Then there are the old farts (not you Josh) that try a little too hard.  Who else is left?

Well, another reason to not review my Vessel account. Fuck exclusive content and fuck you Linus for lying (or as you prefer to call it, "poor wording").

Just admit that you are a sellout. You can't compare it to the Intel training videos because those videos are not aimed at the same demographic as your regular LinusTechTips videos, but these ones are.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Well, another reason to not review my Vessel account. Fuck exclusive content and fuck you Linus for lying (or as you prefer to call it, "poor wording").

Just admit that you are a sellout. You can't compare it to the Intel training videos because those videos are not aimed at the same demographic as your regular LinusTechTips videos, but these ones are.

Posts like these are why we wanted a downvote button :(

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

12 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of bed didn't they?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

IT's late and I'm both hungry and tired........ Sorry guys.

cant wait for the new SYW season.

and I don't think most of the people that complain about exclusive content and early access, really understand how content creation is a business and it need to make money to survive. Even if it's not about profits, partners and sponsors are necessary. 

Ironically people that complain about the off the cuff videos and workshop type videos are the same people that complained about the scripted content when you guys stop doing unboxings. 

a mix of scripted, Workshop/other, and Serialized Videos will keep almost all the viewers happy.

now that is not to say that the last couple of weeks have been very dry on the LTT channel.

but nonetheless keep doing what you are doing.

Nerdsports? Will definetely watch that one :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

7 minutes ago, amintha1992 said:

cant wait for the new SYW season.

and I don't think most of the people that complain about exclusive content and early access, really understand how content creation is a business and it need to make money to survive. Even if it's not about profits, partners and sponsors are necessary. 

Ironically people that complain about the off the cuff videos and workshop type videos are the same people that complained about the scripted content when you guys stop doing unboxings. 

a mix of scripted, Workshop/other, and Serialized Videos will keep almost all the viewers happy.

now that is not to say that the last couple of weeks have been very dry on the LTT channel.

but nonetheless keep doing what you are doing.

W8, what videos that created by LTT are scripted?? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

most of the ones that have a static camera. 

not Scripted

Scripted

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Well product reviews would be one I am guessing, likewise TechQuickie videos.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Just now, amintha1992 said:

-clip-

So...am I misunderstood or??

When you guys said "scripted", do you mean that it is a biased review???

Or it is just a scripted review instead of a more causal one ?

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

Snip

Sorry Linus But I have to be frank and realistic.

Your "1 week later on youtube" idea made me lose interest in your videos.

I only watch your videos if I happen to browsing youtube and I see your videos in my recommended section. Other than that I don't really watch them.

I can't commit to any sort of donation due to financial constraints so I just watch and see the ADs on YouTube.

IF vessel had an AD supported tier I would be all for it BUt then it wouldn't support you as well.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

So...am I misunderstood or??

When you guys said "scripted", do you mean that it is a biased review???

Or it is just a scripted review instead of a more causal one ?

"Scripted" here mean that they have to write the script of what they are going to say in the video before filming, and when filming they read it on a screen next to the camera instead of thinking of lines and words on the fly as they filming. In no way it is biased. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log