I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

-snip-

I have to say, I've been watching LTT for about 3 years now, and at each point of change I've always been skeptical, it's just who I am, never convinced until I see the results, and every time I've been pleasantly surprised. Linus and the crew really know how to produce great, informative content over 3 channels, when most people struggle to run one. I think I'm coming to the end of my free year of Vessel and I can honestly say I WILL be subscribing again, mainly because a video from Tech Quickie came out on Vessel just before I had an exam that included the topic of the video (Apple Pay) and definitely upped my marks by about 10%. Mightn't sound like much but in a degree you take all you can get.

I absolutely love you guys, if I ever met any of you (Yes, even you Dennis), I'd buy you a beverage of some kind as a token of my appreciation (I said ONE Berkel... but yes a double JD counts as one). I trust you guys to do what's best for everyone, you've always put the viewer first and I commend you for it. And if you guys ever need a man on the ground in the UK for whatever reason, I'll happily volunteer.

Good luck with the future, though I'm not sure you'll need it (unless Whonnock server dies again).

EDIT: Just watched the new Vessel episode, so I guess you won't need a ton of luck after all ;)

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Just now, Nic said:

To be fair, they did hire that one new guy recently they were reluctant to put on camera and let slip his name on one of the live streams (can't remember it for the life of me).

One guy? I'm sure he'll help things but they probably need a lot more than that. But yeah this is more of a nitpick on the situation I'm willing to concede as much.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well the people that are complaining do not know how the world works yet. You expect, high quality material for free and ON time.2000px-Project-triangle.svg.png
You can only choose 2 of the above

I mean free is nice but don't bitch out when Linus tries to expand his business (like the Ads they shoot for other companies). I am behind the move to have content (the exclusive series included) on Vessel because this achieves the one thing that matters: Increased Revenue, this equals more quality material at a fixed intervals. Now if the content becomes bad that's another story but since the quality is good and the content is interesting I see 0 problems. So if you cant wait 1 week for YouTube releases pay up or shut up.  

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Only for paid subscribers.

Then what is the bloody point of Vessel? Early access? nope cos that isn't on all tiers. Exclusive series? no cos that's not on all tiers. How about supporting Content creators? NO because 5 second ADs make tiny amounts of money which doesn't really help content creators.

Anyways, Your boss lied to us. Frankly, i'm not impressed. And I am not watching LTT videos anymore.

That's your decision, but I want to make one thing clear.

Linus didn't lie to anybody, he made a mistake, and like a decent human being, he admitted his mistake and took responsibility for it, and that to me shows somebody who is super passionate about what he does and will do anything to keep LMG alive and well, it's his baby after all. 

If you don't want to watch LTT content any more then that's your decision, no need to make it public or force it on others.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Just now, CGurrell said:

Linus didn't lie to anybody, he made a mistake, and like a decent human being, he admitted his mistake and took responsibility for it, and that to me shows somebody who is super passionate about what he does and will do anything to keep LMG alive and well, it's his baby after all. 

If you don't want to watch LTT content any more then that's your decision, no need to make it public or force it on others.

He did Lie. And so did Vessel.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

He didn't. An agreement was made between Vessel and LMG, and it looks to me like Vessel announced that agreement before LMG could address the community regarding the agreement (possibly due to a NDA or simple mis-communication). At the end of the day, business have to make money to survive. They have to pay their staff and pay their expenses. Do you expect Luke, Nick, NVB, Brandon, Edzel, Dennis, John, Yvonne (anybody else who I missed, I apologise. I really need coffee rn) would be willing to work for free forever? Of course not, they have families, they have bills and they need to be able to eat for crying out loud.

And one last thing, the content being created exclusively for Vessel doesn't change any of the content submitted on YT. Nerd Sports, as Linus stated, was produced outside of normal working hours, i.e. the production of Nerd Sports hasn't impacted the production of any other content, at least if it has, I haven't noticed.

I know a lot of people are hating on vessel,  but honestly for me,  apart from when it first came out,  the website has been great.  I haven't had any problems with it and I live in New Zealand of all places. Keep up the good work Linus and team,  I love the show and I try and support u guys whatever way I can. 

1 minute ago, jnno said:

I know a lot of people are hating on vessel,  but honestly for me,  apart from when it first came out,  the website has been great.  I haven't had any problems with it and I live in New Zealand of all places. Keep up the good work Linus and team,  I love the show and I try and support u guys whatever way I can. 

The only gripe I had initially was no Android app, but I found a way to get content to play anyway, and now we have the app, all is well :)

6 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

He didn't. An agreement was made between Vessel and LMG, and it looks to me like Vessel announced that agreement before LMG could address the community regarding the agreement (possibly due to a NDA or simple mis-communication). At the end of the day, business have to make money to survive. They have to pay their staff and pay their expenses. Do you expect Luke, Nick, NVB, Brandon, Edzel, Dennis, John, Yvonne (anybody else who I missed, I apologise. I really need coffee rn) would be willing to work for free forever? Of course not, they have families, they have bills and they need to be able to eat for crying out loud.

And one last thing, the content being created exclusively for Vessel doesn't change any of the content submitted on YT. Nerd Sports, as Linus stated, was produced outside of normal working hours, i.e. the production of Nerd Sports hasn't impacted the production of any other content, at least if it has, I haven't noticed.

I wouldn't bother, so many underagers on this site the concept of having to pay for things out of their own pocket is infuriating because they have no income, or extremely little and parents are not going to foot the bill. So they cant have it and rage out because of it. (I was the same way when I was underage)

If they realize or not that money is what makes the world go round is irrelevant. What matters is they cant have the content or product they want so you might as well be the antichrist.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

9 hours ago, Sors said:

I was not happy when I read the new series will only be available in Vessel, Unless Vessel themselves paid for that series in it's entirety, in that case I have no problem with it being exclusive.

Linus confirmed on Twitter last night that yes, the exclusive content is completely paid for by Vessel.

16 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The way I see it, Vessel has approached LMG to PRODUCE a web series that Vessel hold the creative rights to not LMG, so that's why it would be a Vessel exclusive. For example it's no different to a company like the production company behind say Game of Thrones being contracted to produce a series for say Showtime, which will air on Showtime not HBO & it's affiliates world wide like Game of Thrones does, just because they produce content for another network doesn't mean it has to appear everywhere. Anyway, that's the way I see this.

Edit: I could've worded this better, but eh.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Well. Got this mail and sadly.... while i see what really happened (Thanks Linus for explaining it),... i instantly canceled everything related to vessel.

They try to get more people in by advertising with LMG. They may get that, but they lost me. It just screams SCAM all over the place in my head, even tho i know it is technically not. Vessel was meant as a pre view platform you could ignore. Now it just feels worse,... :-/

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Well, another reason to not review my Vessel account. Fuck exclusive content and fuck you Linus for lying (or as you prefer to call it, "poor wording").

Just admit that you are a sellout. You can't compare it to the Intel training videos because those videos are not aimed at the same demographic as your regular LinusTechTips videos, but these ones are.

You really should grow the fuck up. How can he be a Sellout? Linus Media Group is a fucking video production company. Whether it's for a third party of for one of Linus's youTube channels, making videos is what he does..

If it wasn't for Vessel, this new series would never have been made.. So either be grateful and enjoy it, or pretend it was never made and move on with your life.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

I honestly never post on here but to be honest, I really don't get why people are being so heavily opinionated about this. It's good, new and unique content. LTT needs money to do their thing. Linus is not a sellout, he's only taking his chance to make awesome content that he wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. I can miss $3/month, no problem. Even if it's only LTT what I need Vessel for.

28 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

Um, why would he apologize if he didn't lie? Lying, either by omission or by misrepresentation, is a mistake one can own up to. People lie, shit happens, most people would take the apology at face value.

Not you though it looks like you want to pretend there was no lie, yet he already owned up to the lie and apologized for it, only it wasn't a lie!

Does not compute.

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 minutes ago, FrozenDroid said:

I honestly never post on here but to be honest, I really don't get why people are being so heavily opinionated about this. It's good, new and unique content. LTT needs money to do their thing. Linus is not a sellout, he's only taking his chance to make awesome content that he wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. I can miss $3/month, no problem. Even if it's only LTT what I need Vessel for.

Vessel fucked him over by saying it was channel super fun, something people actually pay money for. People read oh that show you sponsor with your cash? Yeah we're releasing a new one that's exclusive to this other paid service.

Now we can all speculate whenever this was planned and Linus backpedal it or whenever Vessel just completely fucked him over and greatly hurt his reputation by being preemptive or flatout wrong in announcing it like that but come on, it doesn't takes a lot to see why folks are upset.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Vessel fucked him over by saying it was channel super fun, something people actually pay money for. People read oh that show you sponsor with your cash? Yeah we're releasing a new one that's exclusive to this other paid service.

Now we can all speculate whenever this was planned and Linus backpedal it or whenever Vessel just completely fucked him over and greatly hurt his reputation by being preemptive or flatout wrong in announcing it like that but come on, it doesn't takes a lot to see why folks are upset.

Right, but now that Vessel is paying for all the expenses for this series (or video, idk), what is all the fuss for? I don't see why people are so pissed off.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

There is one of two cases that is the main problem here..

Either Vessel is correct and it is a Channel Super Fun series which would mean Linus lied, or Vessel misrepresented the series and this is completely independent on any of linus's current channels. In which case Linus didn't lie and this vendetta against him is unjustified.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Just now, FrozenDroid said:

Right, but now that Vessel is paying for all the expenses for this series (or video, idk), what is all the fuss for? I don't see why people are so pissed off.

I just explained: Vessel fucked it up badly by announcing it as a CHANNEL SUPER FUN video that's exclusive to Vessel. Since Linus, nick, etc. Have clarified that it is in fact NOT a channel super fun.

Also they said the content wouldn't be behind a paywall when they started the move to Vessel to put everyone at ease. Their position is that this statement is still true because this content is somehow not LMG video content because Vessel is paying for it....even though it's being produced by LMG and they said they wouldn't charge for any LMG content. 

So a whole bunch of semantics as to whenever this new series counts as LMG content that was promised wouldn't be charged for.

Seems like Vessel is getting to everyone that said they wouldn't change how they do things and changes how they do things i.e. Tek Syndicate that was very critical of Vessel now it's on Vessel, they similarly gave a really fucking insulting excuse like "Oh now it makes sense for our audience!" instead of admitting that Logan and co. are grade A fuckups who wasted all of their fucking adsense, sponsor and crowd funding money on moving to a new house every fucking 5 minutes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I used to love LLT videos, but lately with the re-upload of a live stream for your daily video (paint tent, 7gamers tear down) I got a little disheartened, but not a huge issue. Then today this all happens just before the free year runs out for most of us, well I'm not impressed, it looks like a desperate attempt to get people to pay for vessel.
At what point are you happy with the videos you are making? now? or when your a 100+ person company and completely lost the fun attitude and it's just a massive business for you?

Honesty I loved the older videos about products, knowing if I was thinking of buying product X that I could check LLT for a review and make a better decision about said product. Now all I see is heating pizza's, making terrible paint booths, does water cooling make a room cooler (what a joke), etc.

As someone with an Avionics(Google is your friend) background I can't wait to see how bad the $1000 HDMI cable review is. Will you use an oscilloscope to measure induced noise, measure resistance (Ohms) with something better than $100 multimeter, Use a TDR to measure the quality of the connections in the plug (not sure how that one will go on a 1m cable), etc.... 

Another point, you are always making videos about awesome tech, yet your backing a company (vessel) that can't even let me watch in 1440p let alone 4k. 

Also if your trying to become this big professional company, how about having the WAN show on time every week, being always late is very poor and getting a bit old now.

I suggest you proceed carefully or you will lose subs.

Oh and sorry for telling you about the Streets by 50 starwars Headphones, funny video to bad about the cans.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbomb8 said:

There is one of two cases that is the main problem here..

Either Vessel is correct and it is a Channel Super Fun series which would mean Linus lied, or Vessel misrepresented the series and this is completely independent on any of linus's current channels. In which case Linus didn't lie and this vendetta against him is unjustified.. 

Like I said, I am willing to entertain the notion that Vessel fucked him over, but it would be more convincing if Vessel made an official statement apologizing, they'd own Linus as much if his position is true and not just backpedaling out of a controversial deal.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Um, why would he apologize if he didn't lie? Lying, either by omission or by misrepresentation, is a mistake one can own up to. People lie, shit happens, most people would take the apology at face value.

Not you though it looks like you want to pretend there was no lie, yet he already owned up to the lie and apologized for it, only it wasn't a lie!

Does not compute.

English definitions of Lie:

Be in or assume a horizontal or resting position on a supporting surface.

An intentionally false statement.

Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=definition+of+lie&meta=&gws_rd=ssl

Conclusion: Linus did not give a false statement intentionally, therefore did not lie.

Just now, CGurrell said:

Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=definition+of+lie&meta=&gws_rd=ssl

Conclusion: Linus did not give a false statement intentionally, therefore did not lie.

Look up the definition of misrepresentation.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, CGurrell said:

Just like if you walk into someone.. You didn't mean to do it but you are going to apologise out of common courtesy..

54 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

How is he forcing anything on anyone? What, stating your position counts as forcing it? No need to make things public on a public fucking forum? How SJW of you.

-------

Current Rig

-------