I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry

MoRe  Infoooooooooo

still missing the peice we want tho >.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

At the rate LMG is growing, a Free business model isn't sustainable, he has the need to hire new employees - buy more equipment - so on and so forth. So, therefore some paid services need to be brought to the table, if it means one of his what, 4 or 5 channels need to be monetized by an exclusive service then thats what needs done. Some chanels do it through items, such as Pauls Hardware and Awesomesauce Network to make a marginal profit. LMG has taken the route of exclusive content. On that note, nobody knows how the future will unfold and what business actions need to be taken.

well that is why most companies dont go ahead and claim something which they can't know if they are able to hold, but again lmg did

1 hour ago, zocke1r said:

man i why did i see that answer coming, when linus said all linus media content he actually only meant all content similar to the content lmg provided at that time, that is a cheap cop and you know. what a shame i really liked lmg and the fact that they are honest to their fan base, but in the end lmg are also just slaves to the all mighty dollar, so unless the satement from linus is going to be sorry we lied to youm our fans, we mislead you but we like money more than holding promises than more than your trust, more than being honest, so screw you and now look at me in my new lambo vessel bought me

You're disgusting.

The only reason LMG is are large as it is and producing over ten videos a week, with a dozen employees, is because of money.

All you're doing is enjoying free content and complaining when someone else tries to make a living.

I bet you don't even support LMG. You're not a donor. You're not a forum contributor. I bet you even use adblock on all his youtube videos to give him even less money, because you're a selfish kid.

Being a "fan" does not help linus feed his wife and kids.

The fact that you cant even comprehend the amount of money that it costs to run a business, the hundreds of thousands of dollars that it cost to build a new office, and the thousands of dollars a month he needs to pay every employee, just shows how immature and unsupportive of LMG you are.

Even I have a better car than he does, and I dont have a job, so go suck on your "lambo" comment. Linus needs more TRUE fans who actually care about the company and its growth and success, not whiny pricks who complain when someone tries to find better sources of income.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

You're disgusting.

The only reason LMG is are large as it is and producing over ten videos a week, with a dozen employees, is because of money.

All you're doing is enjoying free content and complaining when someone else tries to make a living.

I bet you don't even support LMG. You're not a donor. You're not a forum contributor. I bet you even use adblock on all his youtube videos to give him even less money, because you're a selfish kid.

Being a "fan" does not help linus feed his wife and kids.

The fact that you cant even comprehend the amount of money that it costs to run a business, the hundreds of thousands of dollars that it cost to build a new office, and the thousands of dollars a month he needs to pay every employee, just shows how immature and unsupportive of LMG you are.

Even I have a better car than he does, and I dont have a job, so go suck on your "lambo" comment. Linus needs more TRUE fans who actually care about the company and its growth and success, not whiny pricks who complain when someone tries to find better sources of income.

man i feel like a broken record, my point of complaint is not lmg making money, but them lying, dont lie no one complains, lie and people will complain and im here to make sure that someone complains when lmg lies to us, if you dont care about that is fine and good for your, but i cant do that 

4 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

well that is why most companies dont go ahead and claim something which they can't know if they are able to hold, but again lmg did

want your answer ?
well here ya go

now stop calling people liars without knowing half the info

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, zocke1r said:

man i feel like a broken record, my point of complaint is not lmg making money, but them lying, dont lie no one complains, lie and people will complain and im here to make sure that someone complains when lmg lies to us, if you dont care about that is fine and good for your, but i cant do that 

Have you ever lied to anyone? (not saying it's okay, but i wouldn't call it a lie, more of an oversight on how businesses work)

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, givingtnt said:

want your answer ?
well here ya go

now stop calling people liars without knowing half the info

do need to remind you of what he claimed? " no all lmg content will continue to be aviable free and ad supported" and this is lmg content that is not free, he did not say that they might provide content that is exclusive, but there channels at that time will not suffer under any gated content

Just now, zocke1r said:

do need to remind you of what he claimed? " no all lmg content will continue to be aviable free and ad supported" and this is lmg content that is not free, he did not say that they might provide content that is exclusive, but there channels at that time will not suffer under any gated content

You're acting like vessel is an exclusive club, that only the A-Listers can get into.... Dear God if you don't feel the content is worth the $3 a month, then guess what, dont pay. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

You're acting like vessel is an exclusive club, that only the A-Listers can get into.... Dear God if you don't feel the content is worth the $3 a month, then guess what, dont pay. 

this is again not the point im making, my point is lmg lied to us and that is unacceptable

4 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

lmg and ltt is not the same

afaik Linus Media Group is a media production company. not a youtube channel that promised to provide content that is being provided.
http://www.linusmediagroup.com/

3 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

I would like to point out something that almost no one has considered, it may be vessel exclusive permanently but it's possible that it'll only be pay walled for the first week so after that any one can go to vessel and watch.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Just now, Str_Mape said:

I would like to point out something that almost no one has considered, it may be vessel exclusive permanently but it's possible that it'll only be pay walled for the first week so after that any one can go to vessel and watch.

if that would be the case, nick would have said that directly to stop this dead int he track but he did not

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

lmg and ltt is not the same

afaik Linus Media Group is a media production company. not a youtube channel that promised to provide content that is being provided.

https://linusmediagroup.com

did he say linus tech tips? or linus media group?

3 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

this is again not the point im making, my point is lmg lied to us and that is unacceptable

lol no.  it is

lol no. please accept that you are wrong. 

One can not simply

Stop the nerd rage.

HeadsetLogitech G430  

2 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

did he say linus tech tips? or linus media group?

@nicklmg, @LinusTech  

good point

but then again, he can do whatever he wants. there is not much we can do about it.

lol no. please accept that you are wrong. 

on what point am i wrong did he or did he not say all lmg content will continue to be avialable for free, so admit your are a fanboy and discussing this with out has has much sense as discussing evolution with ken ham

Just now, derick90 said:

One can not simply

Stop the nerd rage.

or the fanboyism

6 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

"Oh the scripts that LMG writes are not released to the public, its LMG content thats exclusive, linus lied, oh noes..."

You know what? Linus has done other exclusive content in the past for companies that paid him for it. That's called a contract. Someone pays you to do something and you do it for them. It's a job, linus media group makes content for more than just youtube.

Seriously, go do something more useful with your life other than waste other people's.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, zocke1r said:

on what point am i wrong did he or did he not say all lmg content will continue to be avialable for free, so admit your are a fanboy and discussing this with out has has much sense as discussing evolution with ken ham

corrected myself. im sorry

1 minute ago, zocke1r said:

or the fanboyism

ROFL, fanboyism. Clever, were you not the one who said "You were lied to by someone you looked up to"? 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

corrected myself. im sorry

i agree there is not much we can do the only thing we can do is complain about such behaviour to create a signal that it is not okay to act in such a way, will it a hve any effect i doubt it does linus care about this not at all, so why should care about because i do care about honesty towards consumer

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

ROFL, fanboyism. Clever, were you not the one who said "You were lied to by someone you looked up to"? 

well i managed to stop that, and am now not standing here defending him lying to all of us, by saying it is his business and if you want him to succeed if you have to be okay with him taking actions which contradict promises he made,after all it is in his best itnerest and what is in his best interest is in the interest of all his real fans

27 minutes ago, derick90 said:

At the rate LMG is growing, a Free business model isn't sustainable, he has the need to hire new employees - buy more equipment - so on and so forth. So, therefore some paid services need to be brought to the table, if it means one of his what, 4 or 5 channels need to be monetized by an exclusive service then thats what needs done. Some chanels do it through items, such as Pauls Hardware and Awesomesauce Network to make a marginal profit. LMG has taken the route of exclusive content. On that note, nobody knows how the future will unfold and what business actions need to be taken.

I really don't want LTT to turn into /Drive+, Drive's stupid decision to make content exclusive ruined the content for everyone.

TL;DR:

Spoiler

/Drive was a Youtube channel that offered free content for years, then decided to split up into /Drive and /Drive+. /Drive had shorter videos and less videos compared to the + channel, however this cut their viewer count big time(on both channels). /Drive then put exclusive content on television networks, which got even less views. In the time that all of this happened, /Drive(collectively) lost a majority of their views, subscribers, and the worst part: their own hosts. Two weeks ago, /Drive came back as "The/Drive" partnering with a website that nobody cares about, however comparing their content from "then to now", there is just no passion in the content they are now making.

Edit: And why did /Drive do all of this? Well, they claimed to not have enough money to produce and "bring new content" to the viewers.

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

I really don't want LTT to turn into /Drive+, Drive's stupid decision to make content exclusive ruined the content for everyone.

TL;DR:

Hide contents

/Drive was a Youtube channel that offered free content for years, then decided to split up into /Drive and /Drive+. /Drive had shorter videos and less videos compared to the + channel, however this cut their viewer count big time(on both channels). /Drive then put exclusive content on television networks, which got even less views. In the time that all of this happened, /Drive(collectively) lost a majority of their views, subscribers, and the worst part: their own hosts. Two weeks ago, /Drive came back as "The/Drive" partnering with a website that nobody cares about, however comparing their content from "then to now", there is just no passion in the content they are now making.

That is a valid point. But, Linus also did say the content for LTT/TQ/CSF wouldn't be slowing down

HeadsetLogitech G430