I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
16 minutes ago, Henry said:

Well, first off, by quoting him EXACTLY on his claim

sadly we dont have the script for that episode or an official transcript, but to me it sounded like "No all Linus Media Content will continue to be available free and ad supported on both youtube and vessel", if you heard something else please let me know  

Just now, zocke1r said:

sadly we dont have the script for that episode or an official transcript, but to me it sounded like "No all Linus Media Content will continue to be available free and ad supported on both youtube and vessel", if you heard something else please let me know  

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, Henry said:

EDIT: @LinusTech I'd rather you have a premium channel for early access than Vessel. Only reason ppl go on vessel is for you

Just got this email from Vessel.

The fact that Linus is all over this email, makes me think 99% of people on Vessel only go on Vessel because of Linus...
BTW this picture made me realize exactly how small Linus is, especially since Dennis, who's asian, is taller than him (or same height, can't tell because they aren't standing straight)

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 4.51.08 PM.png

Actually I got a different email.... Also,  I don't watch anyone but Linus And Vertassium on Vessel. Period.2BESQ2O.jpg

System Specs

Windows 10 Home x64 AMD A10-7850k APU ASUS Strix R7 370 Overclock Edition 2GB | Corsair CX500M ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ G.Skill Ares 2x4GB

Accessories

Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Kraken PRO

Just now, givingtnt said:

i linked that video already, but there could be a thousand different reasons why we hear something linus clearly never said, or maybe someone cut out a part were he said he was only referring to content similar to content they provide at this point in time

2 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

well you dont have to pay for it so, they do it for free the same way tf2, dota and lol are all created out of the kindness of the ehart of their creators they are not multi million dollar entreprises behind them making them for the profit they generate

Okay so all of your rambling aside, are you telling me that all of the entertainment you leech from LMG isn't worth paying a (very minimal) price? GIve me a break, if you can't pay the 2.99 a month OR the 19.99 a YEAR  then you need a job my friend. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you either have Netflix/Hulu/Cable or any combination of them, all of which, guess what, are PAID services. So before you go off on any more tantrums think about that. You want free entertainment, step outside, go for a walk, there is nobody with a gun to your head telling you to pay for content you entitled little child. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

5 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

i linked that video already, but there could be a thousand different reasons why we hear something linus clearly never said, or maybe someone cut out a part were he said he was only referring to content similar to content they provide at this point in time

wow where ?

show me, without editing your old post where you posted the link to that unlisted video.

unless, your also a liar :P

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

Okay so all of your rambling aside, are you telling me that all of the entertainment you leech from LMG isn't worth paying a (very minimal) price? GIve me a break, if you can't pay the 2.99 a month OR the 19.99 a YEAR  then you need a job my friend. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you either have Netflix/Hulu/Cable or any combination of them, all of which, guess what, are PAID services. So before you go off on any more tantrums think about that. You want free entertainment, step outside, go for a walk, there is nobody with a gun to your head telling you to pay for content you entitled little child. 

okay no i dont pay for hulu/netflix or cable, and on what i spent my money on is my own decision, but to come to the actual point has netflix, hulu or a cable provider ever promised to continue providing free content on a specified platform, i dont think so, and lmg did, that is the big difference. So before you go off a tantrum defending lmg ask yourself. 

how did you react the last time you found out that  company lied to you, did you say well they have every right to lie to me, I'm not their main source of income and if some other venture promises a higher roi, even though they promised not to do the very action they plan on doing 

2 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

So before you go off a tantrum defending lmg ask yourself. 

how did you react the last time you found out that  company lied to you, did you say well they have every right to lie to me, I'm not their main source of income and if some other venture promises a higher roi, even though they promised not to do the very action they plan on doing 

that would be what IBM did to my dad's job 2 years ago about sending it to India
so yeah, I think they can do it if they want to. 

you know what my dad did ?
he found a job, where he does less overtime (that was unpayed at ibm lol)  and gets payed around 15% more.

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

wow where ?

show me, without editing your old post where you posted the link to that unlisted video.

unless, your also a liar :P

first page last post, it is an embedded in the last piece of text i wrote jsut lcik on that and you will get that video with the timestamp 1:50

1 minute ago, zocke1r said:

first page last post, it is an embedded in the last piece of text i wrote jsut lcik on that and you will get that video with the timestamp 1:50

wow that was hidden.

i ill ask cat to change the way links are shown xD its like a ninja

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

that would be what IBM did to my dad's job 2 years ago about sending it to India

so yeah, I think they can do it if they want to. 

i know that they can, after all they did not sign a legally binding contract with anyone, but my point is not that it is illegal to lie to your customer, but that the normal reaction is not defending the company that lied to you, because it is hard for me imagine you standing in front of you dad and say well that is your own fault now dont throw a tauntrum about your lost job but find a new one  and be grateful they gave you a job in the first place

1 minute ago, zocke1r said:

okay no i dont pay for hulu/netflix or cable, and on what i spent my money on is my own decision, but to come to the actual point has netflix, hulu or a cable provider ever promised to continue providing free content on a specified platform, i dont think so, and lmg did, that is the big difference. So before you go off a tantrum defending lmg ask yourself. 

You're right, I have been upset with companies that have "lied" to me in the past. However, they have all been PAID services. So, I guess I have to repeat myself, LinusTechTips is still free - TechQuickie is still free - CSF, guess what, still free - For chanel superfun they had to get a patreon page to support, because however much you think that it costs nothing to produce these videos, you're wrong, if a company comes to them and says "Hey we would like to sponsor this NEW content on a NEW chanel, but on the grounds it needs to be hosted exclusively on our platform" from a business standpoint thats one hell of an offer, again, are you going to man up and sponsor their content for everyone else to enjoy? I didn't think so. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, zocke1r said:

i know that they can, after all they did not sign a legally binding contract with anyone, but my point is not that it is illegal to lie to your customer, but that the normal reaction is not defending the company that lied to you, because it is hard for me imagine you standing in front of you dad and say well that is your own fault now dont throw a tauntrum about your lost job but find a new one  and be grateful they gave you a job in the first place

im sorry did you buy anything ?

im sorry did you buy anything ?

He would have had he actually paid for the content. Lol sorry i couldn't resist, its easy for people to bitch about free things. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, derick90 said:

You're right, I have been upset with companies that have "lied" to me in the past. However, they have all been PAID services. So, I guess I have to repeat myself, LinusTechTips is still free - TechQuickie is still free - CSF, guess what, still free - For chanel superfun they had to get a patreon page to support, because however much you think that it costs nothing to produce these videos, you're wrong, if a company comes to them and says "Hey we would like to sponsor this NEW content on a NEW chanel, but on the grounds it needs to be hosted exclusively on our platform" from a business standpoint thats one hell of an offer, again, are you going to man up and sponsor their content for everyone else to enjoy? I didn't think so. 

I've never seen anyone defend anyone this hard. Holy crap.

Okay, It may be on another Channel, but it's still LMG Content which was said to be both on youtube and vessel for free.

I don't care how much you earn and how much you waste your money but, if you say something. Don't go around and do the opposite 1 year later.

Just now, derick90 said:

He would have had he actually paid for the content. Lol sorry i couldn't resist, its easy for people to bitch about free things. 

even then. he has nothing to complain about xD

if he bought the vessel subscription, he's getting the content whatsoever. in EARLY ACESS  aka what the original plan with vessel was ! 

so either way... I win you lose ?  I guess ? (you being @zocke1r ofc :) )

2 minutes ago, XenZibe said:

Okay, It may be on another Channel, but it's still LMG Content which was said to be both on youtube and vessel for free.

I don't care how much you earn and how much you waste your money but, if you say something. Don't go around and do the opposite 1 year later.

im sure @LinusTech knows that  I mean. he is the one who quoted @Gabe Newell after all.  (wan show episode: idk  "if you lie to the internet they will remember thing talk")

im sure @LinusTech knows that  I mean. he is the one who quoted @Gabe Newell after all.  (wan show episode: idk  "if you lie to the internet they will remember thing talk")

Yup I remember the episode. People are also going to remember this so I suppose he was correct.

some news guys !

still not a yes or a no regarding the fact that it is or isin't a vessel exclusive.  is it a serie in csf ? is it a serie on ltt ?

is it a serie on vessel ? @LinusTech care to add some details ?

8 minutes ago, XenZibe said:

So, from what I can tell, you're saying instead of expand his company, he should remain where he is, stagnant, unless he can go Oprah on everyone and hand out free shit regardless of what it is.

Now, regardless of what platform it's on, i dont think im going to be too interested in the content anyway.  Not my cup-o-tea =]

HeadsetLogitech G430  

2 minutes ago, derick90 said:

So, from what I can tell, you're saying instead of expand his company, he should remain where he is, stagnant, unless he can go Oprah on everyone and hand out free shit regardless of what it is.

Now, regardless of what platform it's on, i dont think im going to be too interested in the content anyway.  Not my cup-o-tea =]

now instead of lying, stay honest no one would have something to complain if it would be a timed exclusive, but so far i have not seen anyone claiming that so it stands to assume it is not

Just now, derick90 said:

What Free shit are you talking about?

Linus earns money from viewers watching his content. Viewers supporting him on Pateron, Viewers supporting him through Forum subs, Viewers supporting him through massive donation runs like the moving into a new place that happened a while back.

I'm not saying he should remain where he is. I'm saying he needs to follow some decent ethics. Being that if you say something a year ago, you keep to it. 

17 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

some news guys !

still not a yes or a no regarding the fact that it is or isin't a vessel exclusive.  is it a serie in csf ? is it a serie on ltt ?

is it a serie on vessel ? @LinusTech care to add some details ?

It'll certainly be Vessel exclusive, which is fine imo. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

At the rate LMG is growing, a Free business model isn't sustainable, he has the need to hire new employees - buy more equipment - so on and so forth. So, therefore some paid services need to be brought to the table, if it means one of his what, 4 or 5 channels need to be monetized by an exclusive service then thats what needs done. Some chanels do it through items, such as Pauls Hardware and Awesomesauce Network to make a marginal profit. LMG has taken the route of exclusive content. On that note, nobody knows how the future will unfold and what business actions need to be taken.

HeadsetLogitech G430