I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

With that said, quantity isn't everything, and I've noticed that not everyone has appreciated the LTT content as much as usual lately, but it's hard for me to tell if that's because they don't like our new direction (fewer reviews, and more exploratory or experimental videos) or if they just saw a video or two they didn't like and raised hell in the comment section - it wouldn't be the first time..

One negative comment weighs a lot more than a positive one.

But I think LTT could start to have a better schedule. Like "Monday Madness2(where you usually so some of your r/techsupportgore stuff), "TechTipsTuesday", "Workbench Wednesday" and stuff like that, and have segments that recur and not just random "Holy S**t" episodes here and there. 

Ncase M1 V3         Samsung Evo 850 2

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

2x8gb Corsair LPX 2400mhz

Msi z170i AC pro

Be quiet Shadow Rock LP                     Noctua NF-F12 x12 x3

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 960 256gb                 Corsair SF-450

Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming w/ Arctic Accelero Extreme 3

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

Wait? Who's the ones who complain about exclusive content within gaming on the WAN show? Oh wait, LTT run the WAN show. Forgot about that. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Honestly I don’t understand the anger of some of guys. This new series is funded by Vessel and would otherwise not have happened. So I think we all should be thankful that Vessel is giving LMG the opportunity to improve upon themselves through this new challenge and we should be thankful that we are going to be able to enjoy this probably awesome new content.

So huge THANKS to LMG and Vessel for making even more great videos available.

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Look up the definition of misrepresentation.

Misrepresentation is a legal term, Linus has no legal contract with viewers to produce anything, therefore he could not be found guilty of misrepresentation...

To play Devil's Advocate:

"the action or offence of giving a false or misleading account of the nature of something"

Did Linus give a false/misleading account of the content produced by LMG? It could be argued he did, however, we are not lawyers (ok some of us may be lawyers, but hear me out). We are not here to decide whether or not Linus is guilty of anything, we're viewers of content, and things change, that's life unfortunately. Is anybody who asks for a divorce after saying "till death do us part" at marriage guilty of misrepresentation? No. 

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

2 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

Misrepresentation is a legal term, Linus has no legal contract with viewers to produce anything, therefore he could not be found guilty of misrepresentation...

To play Devil's Advocate:

"the action or offence of giving a false or misleading account of the nature of something"

Did Linus give a false/misleading account of the content produced by LMG? It could be argued he did, however, we are not lawyers (ok some of us may be lawyers, but hear me out). We are not here to decide whether or not Linus is guilty of anything, we're viewers of content, and things change, that's life unfortunately. Is anybody who asks for a divorce after saying "till death do us part" at marriage guilty of misrepresentation? No. 

Vessel did by saying it was a Channel Super Fun video exclusive to Vessel. Something they clearly said they wouldn't do.

Linus denies this and claims this is an error on Vessel's part. I'm skeptical and still waiting for Vessel to officially confirm their mistake (if there is one)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh,  wow.  That's a shitstorm right there.  C'mon guys. Really? 

Do not feed.

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Vessel did by saying it was a Channel Super Fun video exclusive to Vessel.

And if Vessel has made an error then Vessel has made an error and will clarify if need be. Based on the fact that CSF has a Patreon, I doubt that LMG would take money from vessel under the CSF name. I suspect the author of the email wanted to say something like "from the Creators of Channel Super Fun" which would be fine and dandy, but made an error (shit happens - I don't think this was intentional, otherwise I would expect them to write "A new Linus Tech Tips series" as it's the bigger channel). I honestly couldn't care less whether or not that changes, but obviously it means something to somebody, so it will probably be clarified at some point.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Just now, CGurrell said:

And if Vessel has made an error then Vessel has made an error and will clarify if need be. Based on the fact that CSF has a Patreon, I doubt that LMG would take money from vessel under the CSF name. I suspect the author of the email wanted to say something like "from the Creators of Channel Super Fun" which would be fine and dandy, but made an error (shit happens - I don't think this was intentional, otherwise I would expect them to write "A new Linus Tech Tips series" as it's the bigger channel). I honestly couldn't care less whether or not that changes, but obviously it means something to somebody, so it will probably be clarified at some point.

In the meantime, the email stands which means Linus lied.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

IT's late and I'm both hungry and tired from shooting Scrapyard Wars (which by the way is an LTT series and will be airing ad-supported on YouTube very soon for your viewing pleasure).

But there are a few points to address and you've already been patient enough.

I said LMG content would always be free. This was poor wording on my part. There has always been content produced by me and my team that was not necessarily available on a free platform like YouTube.

These "The Boost" videos that we make on contract as a sales training resource for Intel, for example:

In much the same way, Vessel has contracted LMG the production company to create an original series for their platform. They bankrolled the whole thing, giving us an opportunity to make something that otherwise would have been too costly, and per the licensing agreement they own the right to exploit this content. It's their show until such time as they decide it's not anymore.

We played more of a "production company" role in this than we're accustomed to.

This could, and SHOULD have been communicated better, and for that I'm sorry. The community should have heard about this from us FIRST, and not from a random email newsletter, but I've been (and so has the whole team) absolutely busting ass to not only get Nerd Sports produced, but also make sure that we're keeping up with everything else that we've got going on including not having missed a single day of LTT uploads for something like 5 years..

With that said, quantity isn't everything, and I've noticed that not everyone has appreciated the LTT content as much as usual lately, but it's hard for me to tell if that's because they don't like our new direction (fewer reviews, and more exploratory or experimental videos) or if they just saw a video or two they didn't like and raised hell in the comment section - it wouldn't be the first time.. And I will say, too, that honestly if a couple of the videos felt rushed then it's probably because they were.. HOWEVER, the primary reason for the rushed videos was  the entire week we're taking off this week to film Scrapyard Wars Season 4, which will be premiering on Vessel sometime in the next few weeks or so, followed by a release on YouTube 1 week later, which is the standard agreement for OUR content that is paid for by LMG or our sponsors.

Nerd Sports was shot 40% during evenings and weekends with employees taking time in lieu later on when we hire some more staff or when things slow down a little. We were careful to avoid disrupting any of our other commitments because imo you guys deserve the best we can deliver.

Which is another point that was brought up in this thread - "How will LMG keep its commitment to maintain the pace and quality of the other content if they're making Nerd Sports or other contractual content?"

We couldn't. We're hiring.

I've never shied away from investing in more staff or better equipment or a better facility to make sure that we're doing our best for ourselves, each other, our sponsors and our viewers. If we play our cards right, absolutely everyone wins.

Nerd Sports has been a fantastic learning experience for us, and whether we continue the series with Vessel, create other completely different web series in the future, or just say "fudge it" and flip burgers from now on, we'll be able to do those things better than we could have without having done this.

So bottom line is this. I screwed up the way I communicated "LMG content", which was meant to be content funded BY Linus Media Group rather than content funded entirely by and licensed to a 3rd party, and I screwed up in a MUCH bigger way the LACK of communication about this project. Sorry guys.

Thanks for replying. 

Thanks for clarifying the situation regarding Nerd Sports and LMG content. I explained earlier in the thread why I am not going to subscribe to Vessel but I appreciate the response.  But yeah,  we should know about it first from you rather than a newsletter 

Regarding the quality of content.  In my opinion LTT has remained good but TQ and CSF has really felt rushed out as of late 

Usually I do notice on your LTT videos whenever there is a change of pace in the videos or some weird vibe that I'm fairly certain something happening behind the scenes for a damn good reason.

Seems that was a massive mis-communication between Vessel and the users of what's happening and unfortunately you guys got copped by the fans a lot as a result.

So instead of hating on poor old Linus....let's hate on Vessel for their crappy e-mail!!! :P

Good news everyone! I just emailed Vessel on their contact page asking them to clarify, I'm sure I'll get a prompt answer! After tall they're trying to win us as paid customers right?

No but seriously in the off chance they actually say something relevant I'll let you know.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, LinusTech said:

With that said, quantity isn't everything, and I've noticed that not everyone has appreciated the LTT content as much as usual lately, but it's hard for me to tell if that's because they don't like our new direction (fewer reviews, and more exploratory or experimental videos) or if they just saw a video or two they didn't like and raised hell in the comment section - it wouldn't be the first time..

I didn't really realize people complaining until now, but let me say that I got kinda pissed off with the 'Does Water Cooling your PC Also Cool Down Your Room? ' video, because it's so unnecessary. It's just the most basic physics that makes it completely impossible to cool down a room without removing the heat from that room. And you don't have to be an engineer or scientist to know that.

The other workshop are great and really helpful, just not this one.

@LinusTech What I don't appreciate are "useless" videos which are kind of stupid like the "does Water cooling also cool your room" video and also I'm not a fan of the direction of Linus Tech Tips. I prefer more reviews and less experimental videos so naturally I would watch less if I wanted to watch them at all based on recent circumstances.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 hours ago, GamerCentral said:

Actually I got a different email.... Also,  I don't watch anyone but Linus And Vertassium on Vessel. Period.2BESQ2O.jpg

I didn't even get an email LMAOXD.

Hey @LinusTech Luke and the rest,

First of all a HUGE THANK YOU! You guys kept me entertained for a long time now and continue to do so!

Linus Media Group has been growing exponentially in views but also as a business. What started as a single YouTube channel has become a 3 channel, lively forum, live stream owning business with a multi-talented team running it.

I'm a Dutch IT-Business student and my study focusses on helping Businesses run their processes better. A few key things we learn is that processes can get disturbed by fast growth. Running a Business should be in essence simple yet with growth comes complexity. Also the single hardest thing for every company is communication. This was a good example of such a case where things weren't all clearly communicated but also where I feel the growth of LMG factors in. 

LMG is a content creation group at its core and whether you guys bring out content under your own brand or another like Intel or Vessel is in the end a Business choice that I can respect. You guys keep challenging and experimenting yourselves to come up with creative and entertaining content. Also thank you for that! I trust you do your best for us fans and that this web series was in the best interest for us all.

Long story short, I've been lurking for too long without thanking you guys for everything you do! So I'm buying a hoody and shirt when the next teespring campaign, or something else hits!

Yours sincerely,

A fan

Honestly i don't think that @LinusTech should be apologizing. LMG is a production company and Still you need to make some money sometimes. I have a student company that makes video game tournaments and i needed to raise prizing on entry because of production costs and needing to deal with time restraints put by some companies who want some production value. Linus did what he had to do, just like i did and anyone who owns a small company understand this. Of course haters are going to try to break you down but LMG has a solid reputation in the tech video realm and produce great content. Even though i use Adblock i wont stop supporting you guys trough other ways like vessel or the forum. Love the content you guys put out and tell Nicky V that CSF is gettin better and better.

Either Vessel pay for it and get exclusive rights in return, or the series doesn't exist at all. What would you guys prefer?

LMG acted as producer for a third-party's video series. It's not directly LMG content as it wasn't funded by LMG, therefore you have little reason to get upset at linus for not sharing it for free. Linus's promise to provide LMG content for free on YouTube clearly can't automatically include stuff covered under third-party contractual obligations.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

@LinusTech What I don't appreciate are "useless" videos which are kind of stupid like the "does Water cooling also cool your room" video and also I'm not a fan of the direction of Linus Tech Tips. I prefer more reviews and less experimental videos so naturally I would watch less if I wanted to watch them at all based on recent circumstances.

Didn't quote correcting. Because the new system is half-broken with tagging people. @LinusTech 

Or the delidding video where you dink around for most of the video. The actual video quality is lowering a bit, everything seems rushed. Especially that abysmal reflow video. 

But if it's for the next scrapyard wars then I can accept it :P 

But screw exclusive content. That should not happen. That is not okay. And I'm very sure you said that would never happen in a WAN show when you were first getting on vessel. I'll watch through them later to find it. You blatantly lied. Please don't do this again.

Just a question, if you dont have a subscription to Vessel you can still watch content on there right? Only the 7 day exclusive stuff is for paid members only right? After those 7 days I thought everyone (including non paid visitors) could just see the content on Vessel?

Maybe this will be the same with Nerd Sports...?

I dunno, trying to kinda brighten up this discussion with new questions rather than insults :S 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I will not be buying vessel. Screw that. My year of free vessel was nice while it lasted but the last thing I see myself doing is getting early access to bufferville where by the time a vessel video has done buffering at 144p it's already available, in 1080p, on Youtube without buffer. I'm a massive CSF fan and frankly prefer that style content over the direction LTT's main channel has been going recently (I honestly appreciate that you do what you find interesting, and if that's experimental videos and networking then you do you. But every single workbench video of A vs B has turned out in the end to have no difference whatsoever). I've been a diehard LTT fan for about as long as I remember, and im probably going back to early 2013 area and LTT's forums are probably one of my biggest past times. The fact remains however that while I was against vessel to begin with, I was reassured that all LTT content was always going to remain free to access forever. And while @LinusTech and @nicklmg can bring up examples of sponsored videos either on their own channel(s) and on other channels, the fact remains these are free to access to most people (ad-supported). What gets me is that in the case of something like Nerd Sports, the target audience and the people who spend their time watching these videos are not the same as sponsored content or reviews for manufacturers. The people who watch CSF and Nerd Fights are the more diehard, long term, returning loyal LTT viewers and audience. The kind that would watch a 20 minute long video about a thousand dollar thunderbolt cable with zero intention to even buy the product. The real fanbase of the channel is the one that is ostracized by this decision to put content like Nerd Sports behind a paywall.

You may be gaining the income of running Nerd Sports through an exclusive deal with Vessel, but you need to understand that the audience you hurt most are the ones that watch every video you make, watch all your Wan Shows and take part in community interaction on the forums, social media and other platforms. This isn't a sponsored video on a CPU feature for Intel that appeals to an audience of people wishing to use this feature, this is a video series on Tech Youtubers playing sports, something that a viewer just interested in watching relevant reviews on a case they intend to buy would have no interest in. A last example I am going to give is someone like my brother who while he is a (console) gamer, could care less about every single LTT and Tech Quicke video you have ever made and most likely you will ever make. He subscribes and watches Channel Super Fun religiously. This is the following that you are isolating by putting certain content behind a paywall, something you clearly said you would not when you first started the vessel migration.

While I don't expect a reply from either Linus nor Nick. I feel better that I've had my say in the matter and hope that between LTT and Vessel, we may see a compromise on Nerd Sports. I'd rather wait a month later and watch the episode on youtube late than be that guy who pirates or watches youtube reuploader's Nerd Sports videos to gain access to the content I desire to watch. We want to support LTT but if I have no way to support Nerd Sports in an unpaid platform, I and probably many others would turn to watching stolen rips of the content.

A lot of content creators and consumers were wary of YoutubeRed and the inherit issues of content behind paywalls and pledged to not go down that route. I see LTT heading there as soon as Youtube catches glimpse of this Vessel Exclusive stuff. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Dude, your videos are amazing! If you were doing another series that weren't public it's alright, same goes for the sponsors, you still need to make a living out of this!

by the way, the trailer for Nerd Sports looks amazing. I'd gladly pay to watch on Vessel. If only I weren't a 15 year old computer nerd freak that doesn't have a job (yet)

7 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

hey i have got one question. i want to watch your content add free and support you directly. do you make more money out of a single vessel view or a single youtube view?

because i dont know if i should wait for youtube red in my country or just go with vessel now.

Go with vessel because you will still have the 2 baked in ads for YT videos. Which if I am paying for YT red I expect no ads not just no youtube ads.

I won't be suprise that this new series will have torrents and bootleg copy lol

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3