I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
Just now, zocke1r said:

well nick i got a question are my ears cheating on me here or did linus say all lmg content will be available for free

Easy to see why people take that quote in that way, but my understanding there always was (and still is) that he was referring to all content currently being created by Linus Media Group, which is true. LTT, TQ, and CSF posting schedules are all unchanged. But, like I said, it's easy to see it from the other side.

Anyway, I'll let Linus handle the official comment. This is all just my opinion.

Just now, nicklmg said:

Easy to see why people take that quote in that way, but my understanding there always was (and still is) that he was referring to all content currently being created by Linus Media Group, which is true. LTT, TQ, and CSF posting schedules are all unchanged. But, like I said, it's easy to see it from the other side.

Anyway, I'll let Linus handle the official comment. This is all just my opinion.

man i why did i see that answer coming, when linus said all linus media content he actually only meant all content similar to the content lmg provided at that time, that is a cheap cop and you know. what a shame i really liked lmg and the fact that they are honest to their fan base, but in the end lmg are also just slaves to the all mighty dollar, so unless the satement from linus is going to be sorry we lied to youm our fans, we mislead you but we like money more than holding promises than more than your trust, more than being honest, so screw you and now look at me in my new lambo vessel bought me

5 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

man i why did i see that answer coming, when linus said all linus media content he actually only meant all content similar to the content lmg provided at that time, that is a cheap cop and you know. what a shame i really liked lmg and the fact that they are honest to their fan base, but in the end lmg are also just slaves to the all mighty dollar, so unless the satement from linus is going to be sorry we lied to youm our fans, we mislead you but we like money more than holding promises than more than your trust, more than being honest, so screw you and now look at me in my new lambo vessel bought me

Your argument sounds like that of a child not getting his toy. How about you do what Nick said, and wait for the official response, okay pumpkin?

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

6 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

I don't really think that's fair. Linus can honestly only speak for what he knew at the time -- and while I think it sucks that there is going to be exclusive for vessel content, you still can't expect Linus to account for every possible way the future plays out. So if Vessel is supporting this exclusive content, and it doesn't affect the other content, then I see no real issue with what was said. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, derick90 said:

Your argument sounds like that of a child not getting his toy. How about you do what Nick said, and wait for the official response, okay pumpkin?

well i dont see what linus can say that would make this new move not a lie, unless he is going to delcare that they not only got the channel name wrong, but also the fact that it is going to be a vessel exclusive, im not a kid that not got his toy im a kid that got lied too, and is no angry that it found out that someone they trsuted leid to them

8 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

Give me a break. They output so much quality content over their fellow tech youtubers. FOR FREE. Cut them some slack. Now if they delivered crappy videos, then I'd be pissed.

They got me into building computers years ago, so thumbs up to them for their current ongoing success.

Freeloaders..

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

7 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

can you even at least let Linus explain ? or even say something ?

Calm Down !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I don't really think that's fair. Linus can honestly only speak for what he knew at the time -- and while I think it sucks that there is going to be exclusive for vessel content, you still can't expect Linus to account for every possible way the future plays out. So if Vessel is supporting this exclusive content, and it doesn't affect the other content, then I see no real issue with what was said. 

Well you might not care about what he said but for me all linus media content means, all not some not only content they currently know about but all, if you put yourself in a corner like that you better stay in that corner

Just now, zocke1r said:

well i dont see what linus can say that would make this new move not a lie, unless he is going to delcare that they not only got the channel name wrong, but also the fact that it is going to be a vessel exclusive, im not a kid that not got his toy im a kid that got lied too, and is no angry that it found out that someone they trsuted leid to them

Okay so let me get this straight, Linus lied to YOU? Keep this in mind, LMG is a business, so in order to keep new content coming they need revenue, seeing as CSF videos aren't typically sponsored, they're paying for that out of pocket. So, if you want the content to stay on youtube, how about you man up and sponsor CSF videos?

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

can you even at least let Linus explain ? or even say something ?

Calm Down !

again give me an example of what linus could say which would not make him liar

Just now, zocke1r said:

Well you might not care about what he said but for me all linus media content means, all not some not only content they currently know about but all, if you put yourself in a corner like that you better stay in that corner

you are the one putting yourself in a corner here. you complain and go crazy about something Nick said will be explained by Linus once he gets to it. a mistake was made, comments will follow.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Also, if Vessel is paying for the content, they have EVERY right to request it be vessel exclusive. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

you are the one putting yourself in a corner here. you complain and go crazy about something Nick said will be explained by Linus once he gets to it. a mistake was made, comments will follow.

Just to be 100% clear, the misnomer was them calling it a Channel Super Fun series. This is a separate entity.

Anyway, more info soon.

5 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

what will you do to stop this ?

I know im not answering your question, since its not up to me to say that. I know a few different possibilities for what can and will happen. 

Guess what, my name is not Linus. I don't know the answer to your ongoing nervous breakdown. But I can tell you that nothing you will do is going to do anything. if nothing has even happened

edit : also idk what world you live in. but I can tell you something about this one. things change over time. wether you like it or not.
not my call. can't do anything about it.

Just now, derick90 said:

Also, if Vessel is paying for the content, they have EVERY right to request it be vessel exclusive. 

i have no problems with the actions of vessel, i can totally understand why they are doing it, and even agree that it is a smart idea to do so, what i a have problem with is lmg, as they were also free to do what they want, and they decided hey money sounds great screw that promise

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Just to be 100% clear, the misnomer was them calling it a Channel Super Fun series. This is a separate entity.

Anyway, more info soon.

so nerd sports or however you are going to call it will be its own separate independent, and not a subsidiary of LMG, in which case you actually delivered a reason i can accept without a problem, thank you

the way i see it is that the new series would not exist without the support of Vessel, so they have every right to have it as an exclusive. 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

16 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I get it.  I do.  Gotta eat and all that.

I guess I'm more disappointed that these kinds of things are still necessary in order to be a real media company, because money.  I hope when a statement comes out you guys are upfront about that.  Some Serious Linus time about the simple realities of transitioning into a media production company would help I think, at least for adults like myself.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just now, farhanorakzai said:

the way i see it is that the new series would not exist without the support of Vessel, so they have every right to have it as an exclusive. 

Is there an echo in here?

HeadsetLogitech G430  

9 minutes ago, zocke1r said:

Well, first off, by quoting him EXACTLY on his claim

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

11 minutes ago, farhanorakzai said:

At the same time, if it can't exist without huge subsidies, does it need to?

I realize that vessel is making an investment of some description and hoping they'll see some sort of return on investment.

EDIT:  I can watch tek syndicate content without a vessel account right now and it's ad supported, I'd be fine with a similar LMG thing.  Exclusive to vessel is fine with me as long as it isn't paywall.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

10 minutes ago, Henry said:

that and tbh, its not like he's pulling a FBE style bullshit on us either xD

23 minutes ago, Henry said:

Give me a break. They output so much quality content over their fellow tech youtubers. FOR FREE. Cut them some slack. Now if they delivered crappy videos, then I'd be pissed.

They got me into building computers years ago, so thumbs up to them for their current ongoing success.

Freeloaders..

They don't do it for free. Where are you hearing this from?

well you dont have to pay for it so, they do it for free the same way tf2, dota and lol are all created out of the kindness of the ehart of their creators they are not multi million dollar entreprises behind them making them for the profit they generate

18 minutes ago, Henry said:

oh you mean this ? :