R.I.P Air Conditioning

babadoctor

They made a device that you put on your wrist and it fools your body into thinking its colder, when its not

and you dont need air conditioning anymore!

I am waiting for this to be implemented into a wearable wrist band

http://www.embrlabs.com/#the-wristify

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Leave it to the guys at MIT lol

Now they just need to make one that does the same thing for heat for us who dont live in the desert or very hot, tropical climates like South America, etc

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They made a device that you put on your wrist and it fools your body into thinking its colder, when its not

and you dont need air conditioning anymore!

I am waiting for this to be implemented into a wearable wrist band

Darwinism awards will be handed out.

a heatsink? Really? A human heatsink?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

this was discovered several years ago...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Strongly reminds me of this:

635602031259136024.jpg

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

RIP AC, hellooo death from heat exhaustion,

It is for feeling uncomfortable from heat

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Make you feel colder.

That doesn't fix the problem.

I foresee this being released. And a lot of people suddenly dying from heatstroke.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It's a peltier, isn't it?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

If you live in a humid climate, one of the big benefits of AC is pulling water out of the air. You can't breathe water, which is why high humidity can feel really stifling. I wouldn't want to see older people wearing this device in lieu of AC at night, especially in the deep South (eg Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida) where the humidity is insanely high in summer nights. You'd probably see a big increase in heart attacks and people dying in their sleep.

Make you feel colder.

I foresee this being released. And a lot of people suddenly dying from heatstroke.

Well it's if you're sick or walking around in 100 degree weather (Fahrenheit). You wouldn't walk into a lava pit with or without it, so no more or fewer deaths will occur.

I've been doing this sort of thing for years, I'm in az as well,after working out or just getting hot, I'll place a cold can or bottle, ice on my wrist to cool off. Read about it years ago in some health mag

Now where I could see this being really useful is in lowering demand for AC in the middle of the day when its use is at its highest but absolute humidity isn't as high as it is at night. You could run your AC a few degrees higher in the day while you're up and about and then only need to turn it up coldest at night when you're sleeping.

Some say that in 100 years time, we'll all be walking around with H100is on our arms.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Some say that in 100 years time, we'll all be walking around with Hyper 212Xs on our arms.

I'd spend the extra for the Noctua mounting solution myself.

Some say that in 100 years time, we'll all be walking around with H100is on our arms.

I was going to get a Kraken for my rig, maybe I'll wear it instead.

Hah.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

so if i wear the one that does the opposite, i don't need heaters during winter ? 

if the Room temp is hot, it probably will affect your skin, if that thing cools you down, your still gets affected by the heat isn't it ? what if you room is like 100c and only feel warm ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I've seen this type of thing before, and has anyone thought to check the date on the video? It's 25 months old.

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Make you feel colder.

Doctors HATE this one neat trick!

Doctors HATE this one neat trick!

Please no

whenever i read shit like that 

it makes me cringe so hard

z8YxiUn.gif