R.I.P Air Conditioning

babadoctor

Better yet, you have to wear a water cooling rig in a backpack with you.

So you'll essentially be like an astronaut.

Whoa! Does this mean we can finally go to the sun at night time?

/s

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

It's a peltier, isn't it?

Certainly looks that way.

You think.

You only think that because they want you to think that.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

If you live in a humid climate, one of the big benefits of AC is pulling water out of the air. 

Assuming you don't use an evaporative AC, which actually makes the air more humid while cooling.

Assuming you don't use an evaporative AC, which actually makes the air more humid while cooling.

Those only work in desert climates since they cool you by having water evaporate off your skin, but that water only evaporates quickly in pretty dry air. No one would use them in humid areas I'm referring to where your night time dewpoints are regularly 75-80F in the summer. The water that mister would coat you in wouldn't evaporate and would just make you feel sticky. Places where evaporative cooling works aren't the places I'm talking about, since the humidity is way too low to be dangerous to anyone.

In a nutshell : A heatsink for your wrist.

(⌐■_■) 

Wow, no one else realised that by cooling the parts of your body which blood is flowed to by priority to cool it down, thus cooling you down, will actually cool you down on a hot day?

Cool gadget.

"I have this really great idea! Okay are you ready for this!?! A heat sink that you wear on your WRIST!" *Everyone's mind is blown*

I don't feel comfortable wearing a glorified heat sink on my body.

What if it came in Noctua NH-D15 and Dark Rock Pro variants?

omg this is sooo old

i heard about this years ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I literally cannot understand people's problem with this. 

So you might feel a bit "cold" when in actual fact is is a 40-degree day. So what? As long as you remain hydrated (which you will because the heat will dehydrate you and make you thirsty regardless of how you feel anyway :/ ) you will be completely fine? If you were to suffer heatstroke then it's your fault for putting yourself in that situation anyway.

I doubt it is as effective enough to actually say "RIP AC". If anything it just makes it so we don't have to have the AC set so high. - Now if we can have the inverse for my grandma who thinks anything below 80F is too cold, I'd be very happy.

However from what Ive gathered it cools what our senses are most effected by, which is not exactly the best idea for extreme cases. Having a compromised sense can lead to unforeseen consequences.

Saying "If you were to suffer heatstroke then it's your fault for putting yourself in that situation anyway." is like blaming the frog for not jumping out of the pot that is slowly boiling. It can't tell something is wrong so why would it react?

Isn't this just a TE - Peltier with a heat sink attached to it? Its cool - (get it, alright, I'll stop), but wont the power draw be too high for a device like this?

Just watched the video - and yes, it practically is, just with auto temperature sensing. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Reminds me of boiling frog symptom. Probably not a good idea.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

You know what also works?

Meditation. Not trying to be a hippy or anything, but it works. 

This looks like it just cools off your blood stream a little, your wrist is a good place for that. If it cools you enough to no feel hot, then good. There is not AC R.I.P though, come where I live and tell me this could save me, I'd pay lots and lots.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

skipped the thread, because to many posts, this has to be BS  maybe in other countries but not where i live summer gets hot as f*ck here

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

So you can die of heat without even realizing! Why didn't I think of this?

Jokes aside, the purpose of air conditioning is to lower your body's temperature, not feel like it's being lowered. Not sweating is of secondary importance when your body is not being properly ventilated... especially since sweat is its effort to make the situation better. Not sweating makes you much more vulnerable to heat.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Strongly reminds me of this:

635602031259136024.jpg

I don't know how you jump from wrist heatsink to incest. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

People are talking about this for years, yet it was never released. 

I don't know how you jump from wrist heatsink to incest. 

(Don't quote images pls)

Borderline. I assume there's reason for it, too. Try not to look at the fact it is there and more why.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

(Don't quote images pls)

Borderline. I assume there's reason for it, too. Try not to look at the fact it is there and more why.

Without that image it would have looked pretty bad out of context 

in the manga they married I think

I was waiting for that traditional anime cop-out where halfway in they mention it's siblings through marriage or something. Incest but not technically. 

Never happened. 

Still a bit horrified. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

in the manga they married I think 

Season 1 alone has had plenty of plot twists. I wouldn't be surprised if their siblinghood is questioned in the future, since it's not entirely styled nor catagorized into the genre of shows featuring incest.

inb4 spoilers

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Season 1 alone has had plenty of plot twists. I wouldn't be surprised if their siblinghood is questionable.

inb4 spoilers

do you mean changes in the anime version or do you mean you haven't read the manga and I'm spoiling it for you?

muh specs 

All parts black