Star Wars: Battlefront has a $50 season pass

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/star-wars-battlefront-has-a-50-season-pass-315101.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Proof: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Season-Pass-Bundle/33f5d38d-9b10-4eaa-9dcd-e41dd4dcf867

EA and Battlefront were doing so well, but I should have known better. No microtransactions in Battlefront? That's awesome! Now EA's gonna shaft us with a $50 season pass. Grant it, no, you don't have to buy it, but $50 for a season pass is insane. The season pass will be good for four expansions, two week early access to each expansion, and a "shoot first" emote. I've never liked the idea of season passes, because sometimes a DLC comes out that I don't feel like spending my money on. I'd rather pick and choose and pay a little more for everything instead of paying $50 and having the expansions possibly be something that I don't want. At this point I'm not even sure if we'll save anything by getting the season pass. All I know is that charging $50 for it is stupid.

I think I already know what all of you think about this, but let's hear your opinions. What do you think about EA charging $50 for the Battlefront season pass?

685490c1df.jpg

COMIC SANS

Reasons why I stick to Euro Truck Sim 2 and CSGO and GTA V

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

-snip-

Uhh.. this is a DICE game. You know Battlefield 3 and 4? Yeah, Premium memberships.

Seriously, this isn't new news. They have to make that DLC $ somehow.

The "Season passes" on their games are always $50, but buying every DLC? $70 or more.

I used to be quite active here.

Not gonna say i told you so.

BUT I FUCKING CALLLLLLLED IT

Good job dice and ea, you keep forcing DLC and exclusive content down our throats. Fuck you dice, and fuck you EA.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I was really happy to hear that there will be no micro-transactions but at the same time I was like "Hmmmmmmm is this REALLY like EA, or are they gonna pull some greedy trick?" Should have known...

Fun fact: the Japanese word for no is ie (pronounced like EA). To remember this, just remember you are saying no to EA xD

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Am I the only one happy that Premium isn't as expensive or more so than the base game?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

snip!

that game IMHO is horrible, the shooting is sluggish and it's just not fun, i would pay 9.99$ for a premium membership. if it's anything more than that i'm not buying!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

This is nothing new, BF 3, 4 & HL had the exact same thing.

It's worth noting that for $50 you'll get a metric shit tonne of new stuff. I'm talking 20+ new maps, countless new guns, new vehicles, skins and dog tags. DICEs premiums are actually quite good value, as long as the game is active long enough for you to play them. In BF4 by the time the final Xpack came out literally no one was playing anything other than Vanilla.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Did you see what it was giving? who cares? It's earlier access to free DLC and a friggin emote. WHATEVER

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I don't dare to spend 50 dollars on a bloody game not a DLC!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

They actually have the balls to call them "expansion packs."

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Did you see what it was giving? who cares? It's earlier access to free DLC and a friggin emote. WHATEVER

No.. It's regular DLC. Not free. You'll have to pay $15 for each DLC, or $50 for all 4. Also, you get other stuff.

I used to be quite active here.

Guys this was expected... This is literally Battlefield Premium just with a different name.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It's not surprising. This is pretty much SOP for game companies these days. They know people will buy it so they keep offering it. More money they make in the long run.

Oh look, they are already planning 4 expansions. How bizarre.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Cool so we know for sure expansions are going to cost $15 each, so Premium, I mean "Season Pass" will look good because it'll save you $10, just like in BF3/4.

This isn't new, and honestly I don't see this as a negative. If you're going to buy the DLC anyway you might as well buy the Season Pass, EA/DICE always delivers on their DLC. If you're not going to buy DLC or the Season Pass for full price then wait for a sale.

Not surprised:

1) It's EA

2) It's Star Wars (A very popular franchise)

Are you guys really surprised? I thought it was obvious since Battlefield and pretty much all new games got season passes. 50 dollars for 4 expansions seems reasonable... is what I would say if I thought the expansions would end up being more than just some map pack that might as well have been created by a modder on his free time.

Fun fact: the Japanese word for no is ie (pronounced like EA). To remember this, just remember you are saying no to EA xD

Sorry but "iie" is not pronounced like EA, unless you say EA in a really peculiar way.