Star Wars: Battlefront has a $50 season pass

TopWargamer

Forgive me Lord GabeN for I shall commit a most treacherous sim but...

... I'm gonna buy premium.

- snip-

Cool so we know for sure expansions are going to cost $15 each, so Premium, I mean "Season Pass" will look good because it'll save you $10, just like in BF3/4.

This isn't new, and honestly I don't see this as a negative. If you're going to buy the DLC anyway you might as well buy the Season Pass, EA/DICE always delivers on their DLC. If you're not going to buy DLC or the Season Pass for full price then wait for a sale.

Pretty much this...

So we're ripping off Destiny now, which ripped off pretty much everything.

Fuck.

Bf4 had one, bf3 had one. hardline had one. Its expensive to make a game.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

This is nothing new, BF 3, 4 & HL had the exact same thing.

It's worth noting that for $50 you'll get a metric shit tonne of new stuff. I'm talking 20+ new maps, countless new guns, new vehicles, skins and dog tags. DICEs premiums are actually quite good value, as long as the game is active long enough for you to play them. In BF4 by the time the final Xpack came out literally no one was playing anything other than Vanilla.

I agree.

I have BF4 premium and at this point in the games lifespan it's hard to find servers that don't require some DLC. If you plan on getting a lot out of the game it's worth it for sure.

All these people saying "Some greedy EA trick" or some BS are just stupid.

DLC is not inherently bad, and I think that the way EA/Dice does it is one of the best in the world.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

not even mad about this sort of stuff anymore considering it can get a lot worse

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I agree.

I have BF4 premium and at this point in the games lifespan it's hard to find servers that don't require some DLC. If you plan on getting a lot out of the game it's worth it for sure.

DLC is not inherently bad, and I think that the way EA/Dice does it is one of the best in the world.

I wouldn't mind them releasing it for free after some time (maybe 3 or 4 years). Can't find any premium servers now in BF3 (Europe).

While I am really annoyed that they are doing this, it was expected. Don't be surprised if they do something like this for need for speed as well. Fortunately enough where I live the no one buys DLC or anything like that because it's too pricey and therefor people don't buy it and all the new buyers see this and don't buy the DLC because there is no value to it. Like BF4 for example, all the really great hosted servers here only have the vanilla game and I don't see it being different with this, unless they change the server system but still, it's too pricey for most people. At least this is for where I live.

But I still hate that they're doing this.

If it's anything like Battlefield 4 Premium then it's worth every dollar.
It was $110 but I'm playing the game still after over 2 years and it has now 32 maps and 15 game modes which is pretty insane for any shooter especially one that has such large maps like Battlefield. 
I think EA does it pretty good they release the games every 2-3 years and use the DLC to keep players at the game until the next one comes out.

RTX2070OC 

Basically the same business model they use with Battlefield Premium. Like any season pass, it will still be available in 6-8 months when all of the DLC is out. $15 * 4 = $60, so if you decide you want them all, the $50 season pass saves you a little money. And it will likely go on sale as well at some point. Just don't buy it before you know what content will be included and when it will be coming.

I agree.

Oh it is not.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Are you guys really surprised? I thought it was obvious since Battlefield and pretty much all new games got season passes. 50 dollars for 4 expansions seems reasonable... is what I would say if I thought the expansions would end up being more than just some map pack that might as well have been created by a modder on his free time.

Sorry but "iie" is not pronounced like EA, unless you say EA in a really peculiar way.

I didn't mean it was pronounced EXACTLY the same way but it's close enough

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

To be honest, I really don't mind. Dice's premiums tend to really great value. I bought the BF4 premium and never regretted it. The sheer amount of added content is insane. I still play BF4 regularly and almost never play on the base game maps. Sure $50 is still a lot of money, but it's better than micro-transactions. 

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I agree.

EA does it fine, but the bad side of this is that it encourages other games to do same. For example, Call of Duty's season pass has the same exact price as well, but not as much content and the game is a yearly release anyway.

Uhh.. this is a DICE game. You know Battlefield 3 and 4? Yeah, Premium memberships.

Seriously, this isn't new news. They have to make that DLC $ somehow.

The "Season passes" on their games are always $50, but buying every DLC? $70 or more.

One issue I have with Season Passes. You're buying into it with the hope the DLC is going to be good. You could get completely ripped off. But by waiting for the DLC to be released and possibly reviewed, you could save yourself from wasting your money or buying DLC you have no interest in.

In my view, Season Passes are the equivalent of pre-ordering games, except you have no idea what the DLC is going to be and you're dropping money. At least with pre-ordering you get some kind of trailer.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

One issue I have with Season Passes. You're buying into it with the hope the DLC is going to be good. You could get completely ripped off. But by waiting for the DLC to be released and possibly reviewed, you could save yourself from wasting your money or buying DLC you have no interest in.

In my view, Season Passes are the equivalent of pre-ordering games, except you have no idea what the DLC is going to be and you're dropping money. At least with pre-ordering you get some kind of trailer.

Meh, IMO the Battlefield DLCs are great, Battlefront can't be worse.

I used to be quite active here.

Well that's, uh, completely expected?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Does season pass include the best game or it is addon to the original game

Magical Pineapples

"Oh, yeah we're not going to put in any microtransactions. Don't worry guys, this is good guy EA talking." 

"Who the fuck is good guy EA?" 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Oh look, they are already planning 4 expansions. How bizarre.

Let's see

-Space Battles (Battle of Yavin 4 maybe)

- Geonosis 

- Battle of Naboo (that'd actually be fun)

- One more Force Awakens DLC

100% those are the DLC packs (not in order.)

Same as any PREVIOUS Battlefield premium service.

With a different pricing.

Nothing new here...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So long as it doesn't negatively impact upon the experience of the core game, I can't say this bothers me.

If they're planning on releasing a lot of post-launch DLC (which makes sense for a Star Wars game, and a game of this scale and nature, let alone both together) then having a $50 season pass to get access to all of it makes sense. For the diehard fans that want access to all of that content it provides them a cheaper means of obtaining it than simply buying each DLC separately.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

4 expansions? $50 season pass.

If I had to guess each expansion will be $19.99

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1