Star Wars: Battlefront has a $50 season pass

TopWargamer

It bothers me that this surprises people.

New maps should always be free, that said I understand why they usually aren't.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Season Pass =/= Microtransactions

^Just wanted to point that out. By definition: "Microtransaction is a business model where users can purchase virtual goods via micropayments."

$50 is by no way an micropayment. And to be fair, you're purchasing a set of multiple maps, not in game items, weapons, etc.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Not gonna say i told you so.

BUT I FUCKING CALLLLLLLED IT

Good job dice and ea, you keep forcing DLC and exclusive content down our throats. Fuck you dice, and fuck you EA.

What about other companies like Activision? Or Unisoft? All they are doing is making a DLC package that is not required you to buy, they ain't forcing you or shoving it wherever.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

lol EA's gonna EA.  $50 season pass for a $60 game.  Let that sink it for a minute. 

Sadly this will set a new standard since people will keep buying them anyways.

So we are all just going to forget about BF4's garbage launch and its still jank netcode? OK then, guess that's what AAA games are these days. Idiots.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Lol what? Peeps are complaining about paying more for additional content? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Why are people mad at this?? Do you even know how expensive it is to make a game like this?

The game cost at launch arround 50 bucks, that's just way to cheap to make a profit...

Games should cost arround 90 bucks each maybe then you dont have to pay for dlc etc.

Cool so we know for sure expansions are going to cost $15 each, so Premium, I mean "Season Pass" will look good because it'll save you $10, just like in BF3/4.

This isn't new, and honestly I don't see this as a negative. If you're going to buy the DLC anyway you might as well buy the Season Pass, EA/DICE always delivers on their DLC. If you're not going to buy DLC or the Season Pass for full price then wait for a sale.

Agreed

and DUH comes to mind, this was obviously going to happen since the last 3 battlefield games all worked like this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, that's EA for ya!

Killing games since ME3!

I know I'm not saying anything new here, but this kind of shit doesn't stop until people realize this is just developers getting them to pay for content twice by intentionally withholding assets that could have been in the game from day one. You're paying full price for an incomplete product, then paying nearly full price AGAIN for something that should have been included in the first place. Vote with your wallets people. Don't buy into this bullshit. 

Oh great! another WAN show topic for Linus and Luke to go apeshit again on EA.

*Ironing keep on digging shirt for WAN-show*

And here I was about to trust EA again...thankfully Fallout is coming out the same time so my money is going there.

This probably wouldn't be such a big deal (since EA and its partner devs always do this) if they hadn't bragged about how there was no micro transactions, etc and tried to make themselves look good. Hopefully they don't decide to add the Battle of Jakku into the season pass because last time I checked it was still a free dlc for all.

I know I'm not saying anything new here, but this kind of shit doesn't stop until people realize this is just developers getting them to pay for content twice by intentionally withholding assets that could have been in the game from day one. You're paying full price for an incomplete product, then paying nearly full price AGAIN for something that should have been included in the first place. Vote with your wallets people. Don't buy into this bullshit. 

Exactly! When its a franchise I know will try to push DLC season pass (looking at you EA & Bioware) , I purposely wait until the GOTY edition so I get all the dlc without paying extra. Unless its a game I reealllly like (like Fallout) I just ignore the dlc all together if it cost extra money. 

I also hate day 1 dlc. That's 10x worse than season pass because no matter what excuse the developer has for later DLC/season pass you can really give a believable reason for $10+ DLC that releases same day as the game itself.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

One of the DLCs will be the battle of Jakku. People will just lap that up since it ties into The Force Awakens...

Oh this awful reskinned battlefield game with no single player campaign and expensive DLCs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

no paid dlc! except for that 50$ pass.

It extends the life of the game. Meaning there will be new stuff comming out over the next year and a half.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I just bought Battlefront 2 from GOG, way better game!

I gonna play the Beta today after I get home, not gonna buy this game ever as long if there are DLC's or a SeasonPass or being forced to be Online and Microtransactions.

This game is dead to me now, I played Battlefront 1&2 and this... it's something, I loved DungeonKeeper it got killed, I liked Battlefront it got killed... and i guess several other games too, EA just keeps on digging... with Ubisoft.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

Not only are game more expensive but they even sell content that I supposed to be in the game! DLC is so dumb when used like this! If you plan to do DLC, that content should be I the base game, fuck you all devs who do this.

You trusted EA?  lol

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400